Tourism official pushes for 1 July return of international tourists to Thailand

rooster59

3 minutes ago, Marley01 said:

This goose mentions China to be one of the Countries to be let in.

This disease started there //

How important is it for countries depending on tourism that it started "there" ? Zero!

The only important thing today is the probability for each country to get an "infected" person from tourism coming from it.

Like it or not, but this probability today for China tourists is a lot of lower than the one from EU or USA.

6 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

You think it was an accident ? //

I think this has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

Several big threads on that laboratory already.

This thread is about the future, not the past.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

lets have a SE Asia bubble <deleted>
then we can move around
the only problem being if you hold some EU/UK/USA passport
meaning we will probably have to get exemption/visa to travel proving we have not been in EU/UK/USA since time immortal pre covid.
but open the borders <deleted>

The UK  most certainly is going for herd immunity during the summer

thinking that infection rate in summer is less 

viral load less

health care less inundated /overloaded

which prepares them better for winter

whereas these se asian nations are being overly overly cautious

especially as WE KNOW  covid was here pre wuhan

the only bad entry in all this is Singapore & Malaysia with their itterant illiterate immigrant workers
Malaysia up to 2 million a year all muslim mostly bangla /pak staying in overcrowded accommodation
once that mob gets to open mosques Malaysia will climb again;
A LOT OF INFECTION CLUSTERS STARTED IN RELIGIOUS GATHERINGS
SINGAPORE CHURCHES
KL MOSQUES
SOUTH KOREA SOME CULT BS

in the last few days clusters of 100 plus
in singapore 500 plus today all immigrants 

5 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

I think this has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

Several big threads on that laboratory already.

This thread is about the future, not the past.

The subject of this thread is the reopening of Thailand’s external borders to tourists again, especially to those from China …..

**** Not surprisingly, at the top of Wichit Prakopkoson's list were the Chinese  ****

So how can my detailed comment of which you quote only six words, be nothing to do with the subject of this thread ?

Wuhan is experiencing a second wave of infections at the present time, which adds huge importance to the scrutiny with which all countries should treat the CCP.

That aside, you are not a moderator on this forum, and consequently have no authority to instruct me on the structure of my comments  …..

Off topic posts and replies have been removed.  This topic is not directly related to where the coronavirus came from, the topic is about:

Tourism official pushes for 1 July return of international tourists to Thailand

The chief of the Association of Thai Travel Agents has begged the government to let tourists from countries who have controlled the coronavirus pandemic flood back into Thailand. He has said that Thailand should not miss the boat.

A post commenting on moderation has now been removed:

10) Do not comment on moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. This also includes posting an emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. 

You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

Edited by metisdead

On 6/1/2020 at 7:30 PM, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Wuhan is experiencing a second wave of infections at the present time

Source? According to the data I've seen, despite having a population larger than a number of countries, they have close to zero people hospitalized for covid, and reportedly tested pretty much their entire population in recent weeks - more tests in just a matter weeks than almost any other single country on earth has done since covid first started? https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/chinas-wuhan-tests-11-million-covid-19

A number of countries don't seem interested in putting out bad news, but I don't see any reputable sources saying that Wuhan is experiencing a second wave at the present time? The closest thing I could find to that was a news story from 3 weeks ago saying that Wuhan had a total of six current cases as of then (again, in a city of >11 million).

• Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 2:30 PM, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Wuhan is experiencing a second wave of infections at the present time, which adds huge importance to the scrutiny with which all countries should treat the CCP.

Looks like you will never stop posting desinformation about China ! ????

Edited by Pattaya46
  • Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 1:36 AM, cerox said:

All I have seen is that Vietnam will issue visas to some groups of foreigners in July.

The articles did not specify the entry requirements as covid tests, quarantine etc.

I would love Vietnam to open up too or any other SEA country, because I need alternatives if Thailand does not open up. Lets wait and see if that really happens.

Vietnam in July probably will ask foreigners to be tested conoid 19 negative to be allowed into the country.  I am guessing they will not ask tourists to be isolated with 14 days at a hotel.  If they do, hardly any will go.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, JohnBZ said:

Vietnam in July probably will ask foreigners to be tested conoid 19 negative to be allowed into the country.  I am guessing they will not ask tourists to be isolated with 14 days at a hotel.  If they do, hardly any will go.

you are writing nonsense!

You write 'in July probably' and 'guessing they will not ask tourists to be isolated'. Just a <deleted> post.... You are guessing and probably something will happen... you are wasting our time

10 minutes ago, JohnBZ said:

The current instant tests that are available are highly unreliable. If they were given the approved test it could take days for the results. Where would they stay in the meantime?

34 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

The current instant tests that are available are highly unreliable. If they were given the approved test it could take days for the results. Where would they stay in the meantime?

Sources please??

On 5/30/2020 at 6:37 PM, Truth Will Set You Free said:

Thailand rely on tourist. The Chinese will come but they will not spend money at they stated. The Koreans will come but as long as they have problems in their country they will not come in waves just to play golf.  The Western countries are the money making countries. They spend money when they come.  Look at the expat they have here now. Giving out what little money they have and the Thai don’t give a damn about you. No money, No honey is their motto.  So to sum it up, what does Thailand have other than sex bars. If it was not for the bars in this country, why would anyone want to visit other than playing golf?

Judging from your comments,you have no even Economic101 knowledge and commonsen.  C- grade farang like thus should not go anywehere. It is so wasteful and burden.

• Haha 1

On 5/30/2020 at 5:44 PM, lkv said:

From clean developed economies to countries where rats circulate freely on the pavement, in downtown Bangkok Phrom Pong.

Sound like rats that as large as kittens in New York and subway stations that smell like urinals in Paris.

5 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I have opinions like everyone else, but I try to stay factually accurate.

Very admirable but I'm afraid, you're failing miserably.

Try to get over your obsessive hatred of all things China. Was it something in your childhood?

Thanks for the Trawick International suggestion!  For a returning-to-Thailand Philippino to teach at her job. 

Trawick International seems the cheapest and easiest with Covid coverage to obtain by far---plus it is headquartered in USA, and their policy is in English, and they will send you a sample policy ASAP (try getting *that* with a Thai company!),  Even if you could get the Thai policy in English it will probably say: "You agree that the policy governing you is the Thai language version").  Trawick International policies do NOT cover pre-existing conditions.  Which is one reason they are cheap but I don't think any Thai policies cover pre-existing, do they?  You have to get a complete physical for many Thai policies and the reason they make you get the physical is cause they want to eliminate from coverage anything that shows up in your blood work, ECG, etc.  

Trawick International is around $700 for a year of coverage of $100,000, choosing the highest deductible, $5000.  You can cancel at any time and they refund the balance, pro-rated by the day.  Their policies cover Covid but no NOT cover pre-existing conditons.  

Anyway, I priced two Thai policies that will cover Covid for a returning-to-Thailand 55 year old female Philippino teacher: 1) Magellan and 2) My Health (by April International) and they are both very expensive, at least $1500 up to around $2000.  I don't know if they refund anything if you cancel, say, 6 months down the road.  

Note: the company I use for my insurance is IMGlobal, a USA company, but as of March 26  they stopped covering Covid on new policies written, so this company won't work for a Philippino teacher trying to return to Thailand to teach at her job.

On 6/3/2020 at 9:45 AM, sukhumvitneon said:

It's OK he just needs to get to 1000 posts for the month to get his wumao bonus check

Ha Ha ..... good call, not sure if he's a wumao, but he certainly acts like one. That's why he's on here twenty four hours a day, looking for any comment that might be considered in any way anti-Chinese.

There are a few on here with the same modus operandi; they scroll through comments looking for a line, or just a few words from a lengthy comment, to take a cheap shot at. Always with snide little personal insults, designed to elicit an angry response that will incur a suspension for the respondent.

It's called trolling, and is all rather unedifying, but it seems to be tolerated on this forum.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

1- I don't do politics, mainly on such a forum, but of course I don't want to be an apologist of the CCP, for many reasons,most without relation with Covid-19

2- I don't see how my country is important for the posts I wrote

3- Several times that I reacted to your posts, because clearly you write false news. The last one was this one :

- I shown you that this was false using this link from yesterday showing how China tested nearly the full population of Wuhan (11 millions!) to prevent second wave

- you now try to justify your posts by a link about information nearly 1 month old (!), an eternity compared to life of the virus.

PS: I will not reply to any of your posts anymore. For me you are definitively in the "fake news" category for anything about Covid-19 or China. Have a good day.

:jap:

Thanks for your good wishes comrade ????????

• Like 1

On 5/30/2020 at 7:37 AM, Truth Will Set You Free said:

Thailand rely on tourist. The Chinese will come but they will not spend money at they stated. The Koreans will come but as long as they have problems in their country they will not come in waves just to play golf.  The Western countries are the money making countries. They spend money when they come.  Look at the expat they have here now. Giving out what little money they have and the Thai don’t give a damn about you. No money, No honey is their motto.  So to sum it up, what does Thailand have other than sex bars. If it was not for the bars in this country, why would anyone want to visit other than playing golf?

For me is my $100 studio apt--Plenty of cheap food options and affordable healthcare--simple living

As all of the above are $$$$ in Trumpworld--where I am currently stuck--I regret coming back in march

I dont golf or pay to play--I ride my bike--eat street food and got my teeth cleaned with filling for $65 where it was quoted at $160 just for a cleaning here in covid city---certainly doesnt feel like my America is great..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

For me is my $100 studio apt--Plenty of cheap food options and affordable healthcare--simple living

As all of the above are $$$$ in Trumpworld--where I am currently stuck--I regret coming back in march

I dont golf or pay to play--I ride my bike--eat street food and got my teeth cleaned with filling for $65 where it was quoted at $160 just for a cleaning here in covid city---certainly doesnt feel like my America is great..

Where in Thailand can you get a $100 studio apartment?  Certainly not in Pattaya or Bkk.  At least not anything even remotely to western comfort standards.

Edited by shdmn