Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Tourism official pushes for 1 July return of international tourists to Thailand

rooster59

16 hours ago, smedly said:

the ramblings of desperation 

Let the Chinese in, I have my dedicated buses hotels and restaurants ready, we will lead them around like lemmings and rob them blind, yippee 

Well you wont be saying yippee if they treat your places like they do the rest stop centers.

In the shops they are just a hindrance, as they block the aisles from real customers, gawking and usually buying nothing.

Then In the toilets a lot of them like to pเss and shเt just about everywhere except in the receptacles.

To be blunt, you are paying someone to clean up their pเss and shเt and most times not even getting 1 baht out of them.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

We only have nice Chinese immigrants in the UK. All run takeaways. Good food. I can remember spending the night with a Chinese lady who ran a takeaway, In the middle of the night her son crawled into the bottom of the bed, She put her foot behind him and booted him out. Very considerate to her guests.

Best Chinese takeaways are in Glasgow.

And no problems with stray cats.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He said that tourism operators in the kingdom could wait no longer - now is the time to open up. He was principally referring to July 1st when international travel would be opened up again.

We all know the reason, principally 2 million sex workers laid up at home with no income, they're ready to "open up again" just give them the nod!

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, andre47 said:

Yes, you are right...they will not open to western countries, except maybe Australia and New Zealand and some other who have the virus under control.

Look at the fools in Europe and the US. It is a mess...many people are just selfish and reckless. They even don't want to wear a mask to protect others. I am very disappointed about my own compatriots and all the other western countries. Asia will become the strongest region of the world in future. Good night US..good night Europe. 

Hopefully Mongolia is on the list

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

We all know the reason, principally 2 million sex workers laid up at home with no income, they're ready to "open up again" just give them the nod!

You give them the Nod

20 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

Will these tourist need a letter that they are fit to travel and have 14 days quarantine when they arrive also with $100,000 worth of insurance including Covid-19 covers.  They can get the virus here and bring it here just lie anyone else.  If those coming on work permit need it then everyone need it.  You open the gate to the Chinese and the situation will be worse then before. 

A pandemic is not covered by insurance 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MobileContent said:

China confirmed that they keep the border to international travel close until October, 2020 so no Chinese tourists for this year. 

Has your year only 10 month?

Bring in the Chinese (communist China) who started the Wuhan Virus is some stupid thinking.

How many people can actually believe any of the pandemic statistics being spouted by communist China?

There is no way foreign govt's can investigate any pandemic claims coming out of a communist country.

Did the Wuhan virus simply disappear from the place where it first started?

How are there no dangers when there is no vaccine?

I think China would be at the very top of my list of who NOT to let back into Thailand.

China had millions of cases and not there did not all magically disappear.

Disaster waiting to happen in Thailand

Am I missing the point?!!!

The statement says International tourists will be allowed back into the country from the 1st of July and then goes on to say but it doesn't say when international tourists will be allowed into the country???? 

1st July by my reckoning!!!!

Sounds like a bad idea alright now that the situations seems to be somewhat under control in Thailand. Especially considering that the summer months are low season anyway so why take the risk. Maybe best would be to wait and see until October. 

Of course there are many of us who are waiting to return to Europe for the summer and we're hoping to do so in July. But of course if we have flights to get out of Thailand that means the flights are bringing people in too so who knows if it's going to be possible. My airline has changed my ticket to July and claim to resume BKK flights on July 1. Of course that's still awaiting confirmation from Thailand's side. Hope to get some confirmation soon.

59 minutes ago, dave moir said:

Am I missing the point?!!!

The statement says International tourists will be allowed back into the country from the 1st of July and then goes on to say but it doesn't say when international tourists will be allowed into the country???? 

1st July by my reckoning!!!!

Yes you are missing the point. Only people with a work permit and only under very strict insurance and quarantine conditions are allowed back 1st July

11 hours ago, Woolsgibb60 said:

UK is being ban from thailand because it's a high rist country they are allowing the filth of the world in to thailand the filth of the world have kill 10s of thousands of people and thailand welcoming  them with open arms like if nothing have happen at was 100 % they was going to let the filth back in first the people of uk can say bye bye Thailand and stick your country up your ass and other countrys should do the same there are much better countrys in the world then u and not all about greed and Chinese 

Can you say that again please, this time in English.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Fallangpakwan said:

Thanks for that, will take a look. Am currently locked in NZ and so far tried many outfits including AXA Thailand all saying "no way".

i sent an email to the first agent i contacted, reminding them my thai lady and i are still in china.  the agent directed me to the trawick site.

if flights are on and thai/china has mutual opening, then we're good.  health insurance with covid cover is reasonable, and we can get the covid test at our local hospital for $30.  hainan is a super low-risk zone, so i'm sure this resort island would be one of the first to open for tourism.

by the time borders begin to open, i expect thais will be able to home quarantine, but us foreign folk will still need to do a government supervised quarantine.  in that case, she can go home for a month or two, but i'll probably hang out here and do some cycle touring until she returns.

6 hours ago, tomauasia said:

A pandemic is not covered by insurance 

what pandemic?  it's just the flu, bro!

but seriously, have you bothered to contact any insurance carriers?

i've left a few breadcrumbs in some of my posts if you'd like to follow the trail.

• Haha 1

On 5/30/2020 at 3:28 PM, Baerboxer said:

Greece is opening to tourists soon. Chinese welcome - British, German, Spanish, French, Italian - no.

Mostly correct. 29 nationalities are allowed in, including Germans.

On 5/30/2020 at 10:26 AM, ChouDoufu said:

i don't understand why people keep repeating this nonsense.

"They will not have sorted out any alternative to the Catch 22 requirements of Covid certificate and unobtainable insurance."

chinese government hospitals NOW provide covid19 testing on demand for about $30.  there are western travel health insurance carriers that will provide short-term policies NOW with covid19 cover up to $500k for about $100 for 3 months. 

when china and thailand decide to mutually open to tourism, the package tour operators will simply add testing and insurance to the package.  these are non-issues. 

the only remaining hurdle is quarantine, which can be overcome by limiting visa issuance to those from designated low-risk zones with no travel to higher risk areas (china cellphone aps will be sufficient), and with tourism then limited to specified low-risk areas in the destination country.

"chinese government hospitals now provide covid 19 testing for about $30"   i know china has over a billion population but we dont all live in china mate!!

11 minutes ago, paulikens said:

"chinese government hospitals now provide covid 19 testing for about $30"   i know china has over a billion population but we dont all live in china mate!!

you might not, but those millions of zero-dollar tourists that may soon be flooding back to pattaya and phuket do!

if china can do testing, other nations certainly can as well.  didn't trump recently say america was winning on testing?  haven't we seen drive-thru testing centers in the usa?  i think austria is offering 3-hour tests for arrivals to circumvent 14-day quarantine, and emirates requires pre-boarding covid testing.  there may be other examples.

there might not be testing where you are NOW, but once countries start to open up, and flights are back on schedule, there WILL be tests available.  you don't think some enterprising company will take the first opportunity to open while-you-wait testing booths at shopping malls and air terminals?

If you can watch the documentary on Spanish Flu on the BBC.

First wave killed a few then it almost died out.

2nd wave came back and it had mutated to the point where people were dropping like flies.

Something to think about.

I still don't know how I feel about lock downs etc. I just don't know if the end result will be different one way or the other.