Biden faces balancing act as activists call to 'defund the police'

webfact

A certain percentage of police will always be "bad" cops.  As with the law breakers they arrest, any police who are found breaking rules of conduct should be fired and tried in a court of law like everyone else.  Too many unskilled workers in a world moving rapidly towards a skilled labor force is creating poverty and strife.  We need to deal with the causes, before the effects create more havoc.  More police and more prisons is not the answer.  More government is not the answer.  Education and opportunity is the answer.  With those 2 things, less government, less police, and less prisons will be necessary

Edited by Skallywag
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

the police have clearly lost control, especially in UK

so I am in support for defunding. spend the extra money on military and send them to the streets instead

I have no idea about the UK but I imagine like many spots it is not east to know what Police go thru day to day

That aside spend extra money on military & send them into the street?

1- Military take way to much of any governments budget already

2- You want grunts/foot soldiers in the street??? You think cops are bad wait till you see grunts with power.

These are people that needed weapons manuals rewritten at a 10th grade or lower comprehension level

These are not the college educated military who fly planes that would be in the street

If you never witnessed the insanity in an emergency like say Katrina where military were given the job of policing/patrol & door to door

evac etc. read up these are not folks you want

Edited by meechai
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

But Joe needs to play to his base. It's a tough position for him.

It's not as tough as you suggest. I'm certain that even among black Americans support for what defund the police sounds like is not very great. Also so for those that think Biden should position further left its not as if they're going to vote for race baiting white nationalist 45!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1