Thai travel bubbles are bursting out all over

webfact

50 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Just as I predicted. Fly in Asians (only) to be bussed to isolated resorts.

A palm-fringed prison  with overpriced meals, "activities",  

and strictly monitored outings to selected i.e., Chinese owned, venues for shopping.

"...might well be a Thai island cut off from the mainland..."

May I suggest Tarutao. That used to be an isolated prison island in the 1930s and 40s run by the then-government. It's the perfect bubble destination.

It also will be most interesting to witness the Chinese quality tourists fighting each other at the once-daily rice and fish head swill buffet for their fill.

Bubbles are fought with issues. 

For example, South Korea will be opening up very soon for American citiziens. So does that mean those in South Korea, who have got a long term residency, but have come from America - can travel to Thailand?

Also let's be real - the bubble to China doesn't extend to tourism both ways. No Thai's are travelling to the Chinese mainland for tourism (perhaps for work granted). 

And finally will these Chinese be up for allowing their citizens to travel to Thailand and risk bringing the virus back? Tourism barely makes a notch on their GDP.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai travel bubbles are bursting out all over

Foreigners interested in visiting the ‘new normal’ Thailand...can expedite their holiday plans by reporting to their home country Chinese embassy to be 'pre-screened' for character evaluation, social score, political clearance and travel approval.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Haha 2

giphy.gif

Always been a favorite of mine. Pop goes the weasel.

Johnny's got the whooping cough and
Somchai's got the covid
That's the way the money goes
Pop -- goes the weasel!

Edited by DrTuner
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

and strictly monitored outings to selected i.e., Chinese owned, venues for shopping.

That's the Old Normal. Same as the New Normal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Which Chinese owned venues?

7 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Yeah right. Sign me right up. Who in their right mind would choose to go on vacation where they are essentially a prisoner? The more they talk about this and do their usual back-and-forth flip-flops the less I actually want to go. Just make up your damn minds, say what you'll do, and do what you say, for a change.

Can you quote any other government in the world that has made up its mind, say what they'll do and do what they say? 

This situation is very unique, first time in human history. No country is a stand alone country. Any decision, any action by any government in regards to international operations depends upon such decisions and actions taken by other countries. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, petermik said:

Is there any possibility they can come up with ways that will help feed the poor and homeless during the current times,instead of crackpot ideas like this that will never work....:thumbsup:

The army has shown this to be their lowest of all priorities. Not important. The masses mean less than zero. A rather heartless bunch. 

Time to target Croatia, Estonia, Sri Lanka, Taiwan and the Maldives for tourism. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Correct. Nothing what has to do anything with conveying a Thai culture. Probably even most Thais don't know what this is.

The title of this thread is an interesting mix of two different ideas: bubbles bursting and [something] bursting out all over. They are tied together with bursting. But, when bubbles burst, we don't think of them as appearing and staying as the latter concept implies. We generally thing of bubbles bursting and they're gone.