Monks defrocked after putting aside their saffron robes to attend booze party in Sattahip

webfact

Monks defrocked after putting aside their saffron robes to attend booze party in Sattahip

6pm.jpg

Sattahip police were called to a luxury beachside pool villa after complaints that several of the 21 party goers had suspiciously short hair. 

The informant reckoned they were monks. 

And so it proved. 

Six of them were questioned by police and denied they were still monks. They said they used to be attached to a temple in Chiang Rai but had left the monkhood a month ago. The others at the party were lay men and women. 

Police called some local monks who managed to get to the truth after an hour of questioning. 

A 36 year old man broke down and admitted they had put their robes aside and headed south in three vans on a bender. 

The other 5 were members of the Tai Yai ethnic group aged 16-19. 

They were all immediately defrocked even though they were all wearing civilian clothes. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-09

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, webfact said:

They were all immediately defrocked

oh  my  god!

Well at least my  opinion of them has now  gone up that they are  no  longer monks.

Edited by bodga
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Брюс Уиллис - фильмы, биография, фото, личная жизнь ...  Adorable....the beard might look better as scruff | Beards ... 

Monk                        Not monk

Yul Brynner | Discography | Discogs   new medium length hairstyles for men | hairstyle in 2019 ...

Monk                     Not monk           

Confused whats  this 

93772903-joy-concept-cute-and-funny-egg-with-painted-face-and-hair-photo-for-your-design.jpg

download.jpg

Yawn, another monks behaving badly story. It only surprises those who have no idea how the Sangah works here. I must admit when I first came to Thailand I was in awe. I assumed, in my naivety, that these guys were all steeped in buddhist lore. Too much watching Kung <deleted> as a kid, I suppose.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Trust the Monks ,Going to have a Booze party , No Orgy no women?  The cops got there to early.  ????:burp: 

Suspiciously short hair. Hmmm, maybe that's why I never have a problem when I go to immigration ? They think, because of my "suspiciously short hair" that I might be a monk, disguised as a retired expat ?

Though it's not as short as when I was in the army or when I was in Afghanistan and used to shave my head every 3 days.

I was actually surprised at how long most monks hair was (is) in Thailand. I kinda thought they were all supposed to be shaved (or nearly so) all the time.

Maybe watched too many of "those" movies over the years and think all Buddhist monks are supposed to look like Shaolin monks !

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

No, this guy... takes one to know one.

monk.jpg.0043ed9e8428427e13652b39dca855a4.jpg

Tony Shaloub - "Monk"
(TV series from 2002-2009).

So what's the essence of the problem here? That they were monks? That they drank? That they had contact with the girls? Or that it was an illegal gathering? Come on. The all just wanna play. They are humans at last.

Pretty sure when 6 monks from one temple get together and go somewhere, the Abbot and everyone else knows where the hell they are going and when they are coming back.  Besides, isn't this the time of year when all monks aren't supposed to be traveling?  

10 hours ago, webfact said:

The informant reckoned they were monks.

And who is this informant?!? I reckon he/she is just a jealous, nasty piece of work! He/she should mind his/her own business. Or maybe it is the only Saint in Thailand, who has NEVER done something dumb/fun/stupid... Very sad person!

21 hours ago, webfact said:

A 36 year old man broke down and admitted they had put their robes aside and headed south in three vans on a bender.

It's a sad state of affairs when you can't have faith in Buddhism in Thailand any more...

is everything fake or corrupted here?

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Sattahip police were called to a luxury beachside pool villa after complaints that several of the 21 party goers had suspiciously short hair. 

Strange that Sattahip being an area with Navy/air-force base's, that short hair made them suspicious, do the Navy or Air force own this luxury *Beachside* villa. ?

:unsure: ????????

On 6/9/2020 at 10:31 AM, Denim said:

I think the term ' derobed ' would be more accurate.

Defrocked sounds like a lot of ladyboys caught in a state of semi undress.

Who did the defrocking?  The police? 

After an hour of questioning;

'Are you a monk?'  No.

'Are you a monk?'  No.

'Are you a monk?'  No.

'Are you a monk?'  No. - repeat for one hour.

'Are you a monk?'  Alright yes.

On 6/9/2020 at 12:02 PM, Justgrazing said:

Yes I'll wager some laying was to take place .. 

Sounds like Monks on tour .. 

Hahahahaha .. 

Monks on Tour, is that like the Chippendale dancers on tour.