No decision yet on lifting Emergency Decree: Anutin

webfact

No decision yet on lifting Emergency Decree: Anutin

By THE NATION

800_505c06f4619f07b.jpg?v=1591682864

The Cabinet has not decided whether to continue with or lift the Emergency Decree, while Thailand has not seen any new local Covid-19 cases for the past 14 days, Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said today (June 9), noting that all new patients recently discovered were returnees from foreign countries.

“This means that Thailand cannot be reopened soon for foreigners, and the fourth phase of lockdown easing should be in line with the decree,” he said.

“If the decree was lifted and the Contagious Disease Control Act took effect instead, the work by government agencies would be less harmonious as it would be in the present situation as the Emergency Decree is powerful for central administration,” he said.

The country saw two new confirmed Covid-19 cases and no deaths in the past 24 hours, Dr Panprapa Yongtrakul, assistant spokeswoman of the government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, said today.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30389321

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-09

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

good test to see that thailand does not need farangs for the economy and time to kick them out

And that would include all the foreign engineers,  designers and bosses that run the companies that employ hundreds of thousands of Lowly educated Thai's???

• Like 2

20 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

There is the answer right there for the long run for Western countries, but I am sure they will bend over for China. Surprised he has his mask on.

The last thing I want is the Chinese to come back. They swarm the tourist sites and ruin the atmosphere for all. But if I was the Thai govt, I would target them. One country represents almost a third of the tourists, and even though I don't believe the Covid stats from China, their Covid response has been much more draconian than in the West. China locked their citizens into their condos, while mass riots rage in the West, and the pandemic has become a political tool for all. From a public health and economic viewpoint, letting in the Chinese (and a few other Asian countries), is really the best risk/reward proposition.

• Like 2

Thai baht is relatively STRONG.

You don't mess with momentum.  

I'm still curious how many people are in Thailand with VERY limited funds and worrying about what the future holds.  Zero opportunities in months and months.   say 30,000 times 4.  120,000 minimum as an emergency fund.  another 50,000 for next month and traveling, probably more.   I'm sure they are not on this site rambling.....but there has to be tens of thousands stuck and worried.  

America.  covid, riots, and the news can't focus on every small business who has been utterly decimated.  it's got to be significant.  

China stays close until October and as far as I heard only business travelers might fly out of China. 

The only visitors they will get this year are Lao, Malaysian, Cambodian and Burmese, if they want to come and a few farangs that are overseas and can't get back to their families.

The European Union will allow EU travel from the 15th of June again but travel warnings will stay for the other 160 countries which also means European cant travel to Thailand any way, even if Thailand opens the borders again. In Germany and France a poll was conducted several days ago and only 1% of travelers want to travel out of the EU.

Turkey and Egypt will be hard hit too as it looks like they have to focus on Russian inbound tourists only this summer season.

1 minute ago, MobileContent said:

China stays close until October and as far as I heard only business travelers might fly out of China. 

The only visitors they will get this year are Lao, Malaysian, Cambodian and Burmese, if they want to come and a few farangs that are overseas and can't get back to their families.

The European Union will allow EU travel from the 15th of June again but travel warnings will stay for the other 160 countries which also means European cant travel to Thailand any way, even if Thailand opens the borders again. In Germany and France a poll was conducted several days ago and only 1% of travelers want to travel out of the EU.

Turkey and Egypt will be hard hit too as it looks like they have to focus on Russian inbound tourists only this summer season.

And what authority are the people you speak of. China is fd. We look satellite  imagery no lights black. Broke the Chinese. Travel Thais are delusional. I know 15 farang waiting to visit that give to the economy. Forget this racist group of Thai destroying the Thai economy. They will be remembered and will find life hard later. Embeciles 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

If the decree was lifted and the Contagious Disease Control Act took effect instead, the work by government agencies would be less harmonious as it would be in the present situation as the Emergency Decree is powerful for central administration,

BS.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

And what authority are the people you speak of. China is fd. We look satellite  imagery no lights black. Broke the Chinese. Travel Thais are delusional. I know 15 farang waiting to visit that give to the economy. Forget this racist group of Thai destroying the Thai economy. They will be remembered and will find life hard later. Embeciles 

"We look satellite  imagery no lights black. Broke the Chinese."  Really, my Chinese work colleagues, Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzen are alive and well and working and totally dispute that China is in a blackout because of no money to pay the bills/generate the power etc.

Fake news. 

45 minutes ago, MobileContent said:

Malaysia remains closed until Sep 1, so that's the earliest they'll be coming.

Didn't know China will remain closed until October. Means an event I was planning on attending there in September might be postponed or only for people currently in China.

30 minutes ago, rtco said:

BS.jpg

Couldn't have said it better myself.

They can remove the emergency decree and still keep borders closed if they want. Also, doesn't the emergency decree have a 90 day limit? By the time it ends on June 30, it will already have exceeded 90 days.

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

"We look satellite  imagery no lights black. Broke the Chinese."  Really, my Chinese work colleagues, Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzen are alive and well and working and totally dispute that China is in a blackout because of no money to pay the bills/generate the power etc.

Fake news. 

Absolute rubbish. I know a Chinese athlete. Infection rates new high. Secondly they are not in production mode. Thirdly l saw they are turning off the countries power supply at night. Sneaky rats. I saw images close to live. I don't need to lie. They are the most dangerous dump globally now. Criminals 

2 hours ago, drbeach said:

Malaysia remains closed until Sep 1, so that's the earliest they'll be coming.

Didn't know China will remain closed until October. Means an event I was planning on attending there in September might be postponed or only for people currently in China.

Highly infected worst all fake

58 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

Absolute rubbish. I know a Chinese athlete. Infection rates new high. Secondly they are not in production mode. Thirdly l saw they are turning off the countries power supply at night. Sneaky rats. I saw images close to live. I don't need to lie. They are the most dangerous dump globally now. Criminals 

Rubbish.