Thai doctor slams WHO over U-turn on face masks

snoop1130

15 hours ago, Guderian said:

Most of the world seems to have got the message now, in spite of the WHO. That is, apart from the UK and USA, and all the idiots who think it's their democratic right to infect other people. 

The U.S., my own country, is a CV sh**hole under Trump. The federal government comes out with "guidelines" that say states should only relax social distancing and closure measures once they have a two week trend of declining infections.

So what happens, bunches of states, many led by Republican governors, immediately start removing social distancing policies even though they've never met the federal two-week decline standard. And now, new CV cases are exploding, reaching new highs for daily cases, in many areas, including some that hadn't previously been hard hit. 

As the number of new coronavirus cases continues to increase worldwide, and more than a dozen states and Puerto Rico are recording their highest averages of new cases since the pandemic began, hospitalizations in at least nine states have been on the rise since Memorial Day.

In Texas, North and South Carolina, California, Oregon, Arkansas, Mississippi, Utah and Arizona, there are an increasing number of patients under supervised care since the holiday weekend because of coronavirus infections. The spikes generally began in the past couple weeks and in most states are trending higher.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/06/09/coronavirus-hospitalizations-rising/

And from Johns Hopkins:

--Florida continues to report elevated and increasing daily incidence. 

-- California ’s daily incidence continues to increase, with 3 of its 5 highest daily totals reported in the last 3 days.

--Utah: the COVID-19 incidence has increased dramatically over the past 2 weeks,

--Arizona’s daily incidence has more than doubled since early May.

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/COVID-19-Updates---June-8.html?soid=1107826135286&aid=XZr0RcoG7gU

• Like 1

So if we have to wear masks against the virus

Does this make our immune systems weaker and more susceptable to the virus in not being exposed, as we are immune to thousands of other viruses we cohabit with, you have decide and take responaibilty yourself

Regarding criticism of so called ant-vaxxers

Where is the proof that vaccines are safer than our own immune syatems, It is evidence that science speaking truth is constantly undermined by power & money influence, the same intetests that are weaponizing viruses & population control are the loudest advocates

for vaccines, support freedom of speech & individual rights , especially the sanctity of your body ????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

For many around the world (including those on this forum) it's better to wear a mask (I'm not in favor of it myself, they're full of your own bacteria... bah!) because for the simple reason; "They are too UGLY". No offense, reader, it's not personal... but it makes sense too, doesn't it?  ????????

Wearing masks mean that these guys with unattractive faces now does not need to grow facial hair. ????

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Tony125......I please dont leave your house its to dangerous with all those Anti-maskers and Anti-Social distancers out there.....

I'm sorry Redwood1 but I go out whenever I feel like and don't worry about non mask wearers as I wear one of the masks in photo below to protect myself from uncarring/anti social concious persons like you. I have N95, surgical masks (with water proof coating) and others. My immune system is strong I have not had a cold/flu in 6 years and my body (tested on machines ) says biologically it's 22 years younger than my chronological age. I work out, eat healthy, take suppliments but will err on the side of caution and wear a mask cuz it's no big deal.

103436437_180887630028447_1358973535864276876_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It appears that the WHO has proven themselves to not be a worthy organization. Not to be believed, trusted or relied upon. I too believe masks are way over rated. Sure in areas like the US. Where the virus is rampant. But, here? Total overkill, and a nod toward a Zombie society. An N95 mask may protect the wearer of some infection. The cloth masks we see everywhere offer the wearer no protection. They may limit the spread. But, if covid is gone here, then it is all for naught anyway. 

• Like 2

I think many of you are missing the point.

The WHO cronies get loads of sponsorship money from big pharma.

If everyone wears masks then respiratory diseases of all types reduce considerably.

Big pharma then sells less drugs and medicine, so big pharma loses money and profits.

You must know, the more people are sick the more money the big pharma companies and all their cronies make.

This is why obesity, diabetes, heart disease, hypertension are all on the rise - they want people to be sick to sell lots and lots of medicines.

A cure makes money ONCE.

A treatment makes money forever until the patient dies.

Big pharma wants treatments, not cures.............................   ???? ???? 

• Like 2

What an idiot. Spraying disinfectants is useless and dangerous. I wouldn't trust any authority with blind obedience, but the WHO is at least right on this count. Anyone who advocates spraying dangerous chemicals to ward off a mythical virus can't be called a doctor. He sounds more like a voodoo shaman.

Edited by drbeach

4 hours ago, Benmart said:

Your first sentence diluted the post b using one crude and juvenile word as an introduction. 

Apparently not,given the number of positive reactions he received compared to just one (at time of responding) fir yours. 

32 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

I'm sorry Redwood1 but I go out whenever I feel like and don't worry about non mask wearers as I wear one of the masks in photo below to protect myself from uncarring/anti social concious persons like you. I have N95, surgical masks (with water proof coating) and others. My immune system is strong I have not had a cold/flu in 6 years and my body (tested on machines ) says biologically it's 22 years younger than my chronological age. I work out, eat healthy, take suppliments but will err on the side of caution and wear a mask cuz it's no big deal.

103436437_180887630028447_1358973535864276876_n.jpg

Your immune system is proving in many cases to be part of the problem. It goes into  an overreaction destroying many healthy cells and post mortems have found lungs ruined by this process and the main cause of death. Yes the unhealthy/obese are more vulnerable but don’t become overconfident because you are healthy 

17 hours ago, Guderian said:

Most of the world seems to have got the message now, in spite of the WHO. That is, apart from the UK and USA, and all the idiots who think it's their democratic right to infect other people. 

Sorry, but you gotta wear a mask most everywhere in the US 

Who is correct? WHO or local experts?l

We are continually told to trust government and/or WHO advice. We were told it's a cultural thing that some people wear masks when sick, and others don't. We were told that surgical masks will prevent droplets from being projected and thus infect others. Sensible advise for those infected, but pointless for those not infected. N95 masks will prevent droplets from others getting inside you.

My experience is Thais don't wear mask when sick, English don't wear masks when sick. Chinese do, Japanese do.

Scientists in UK disagreed with scientists elsewhere with regards to a lockdown. Scientists in Sweden still disagree with others the world over.

Does that make them wrong, does that make them go public and say, this is what I told them and they ignored me....The

all this shows me is that there is not always a 'right' way of doing things, and even if there were , there will always be those who think differently.

Science is what we do while we look for an answer, science is what we do until we know what we are doing.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Those Idiots are now called Anti Maskers.  They follow the same as the anti Vaccers.

https://www.businessinsider.com/anti-maskers-say-they-cant-wear-masks-because-medical-conditions-2020-5

But doctors say various conditions don't excuse people from wearing masks, but rather emphasize the importance of wearing one correctly.

quite right 100%

• Like 1

Those Idiots are now called Anti Maskers.  They follow the same as the anti Vaccers.

https://www.businessinsider.com/anti-maskers-say-they-cant-wear-masks-because-medical-conditions-2020-5

But doctors say various conditions don't excuse people from wearing masks, but rather emphasize the importance of wearing one correctly.

Well you sheeple can call me an idiot then.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The person who refuses to wear a mask is more than likely  a person who smokes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

the TV people are showing how useless it is to wear a mask, weather it be the open air type plastic or cloth seems if you do not know germs float in the air like smoke, if smoke can get through your mask then throw it away because it is useless, why do not the doctors explain it this way, the thinking today seems that germs see a mask and go shock horror and turn away 100% wrong, so stay home run out of money and phone the government and ask for a hand out lol

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, ukrules said:

He's right and the WHO is full of shlt, especially Tedros.

The WHO do things that suit them, a couple of examples :

They don't encourage closing borders or limiting flights at all because it impedes the movement of the WHO and medical personnel who come first, no matter what.

They don't encourage people to wear masks because they're in short supply and they want them for themselves and medics - so they lie about how well they work instead of keeping stockpiles. This results in more victims.

It's not acceptable.

Never mind shortage of masks ,a man's size handkerchief tied around the face is just a effective, and you can use it when the virus is no more.

Is it as important to wear a mask in a country with no infections as it is to wesr one with rampant infections? It's like advice to carry condoms to a nursing home for the elderly being as important as it is to carry condoms to a disco.

8 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

Is it as important to wear a mask in a country with no infections as it is to wesr one with rampant infections? It's like advice to carry condoms to a nursing home for the elderly being as important as it is to carry condoms to a disco.

You do realize that there is more promiscuity going on in retirement nursing homes don't you.  Those old women are horney birds. My grandfather is 98 and still living in one in the US.  Of course as he says "I grew up in the saddle, so one day maybe I will die when in the saddle".  5 Generations of Males in my family, still going strong.  Told my 15 year old grandson he better keep it in his pants, or we will have 6 generations.  15 years, 35 years, 56 years, 74 years, and then 98 years. Those are the ages of all of us, with me in the middle.

All wearing masks and still kicking.  It is up to you to do what's right to keep safe and reduce the spread of any infections, not just Covid.

Edited by ThailandRyan

18 hours ago, Guderian said:

Quite right, just look at the deaths. I'm in Thailand. No problem.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Guderian said:

let's put it like this if this load of <deleted> they are feeding us about this so called virus is so deadly why are we not dropping like flies? Answer because it is not as deadly as they say it is 

13 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Guaranteed some numpty will get the dig in on the first page, whether the topic is corona or tiddlywinks. Keep wearing your masks in vain, plebs, you're going to get it eventually anyway, unless one of the above countries saves you with the vaccine.

Not so sure about "everyone will get it eventually".

At 70 and living in various SE and East Asian countries for most if that time, I never get a cold or flu (let alone SARS while living in HK) ....not in the last 50yrs.

I dont get Flu shots, and doubt that I have immunity to the various annual mutations every year over that period .

Also,  SARS 1 "disappeared" after 2003, and the development of a vaccine was terminated. No further cases or infections.

I'll keep wearing a mask for the time being..especially if I want to go to Lotus, 7/11 or malls.

3 minutes ago, chocboss said:

let's put it like this if this load of <deleted> they are feeding us about this so called virus is so deadly why are we not dropping like flies? Answer because it is not as deadly as they say it is 

Believe what you want to believe ,just go back to the Spanish flu were no masks were worn and no distancing

3 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Not so sure about "everyone will get it eventually".

At 70 and living in various SE and East Asian countries for most if that time, I never get a cold or flu (let alone SARS while living in HK) ....not in the last 50yrs.

I dont get Flu shots, and doubt that I have immunity to the various annual mutations every year over that period .

Also,  SARS 1 "disappeared" after 2003, and the development of a vaccine was terminated. No further cases or infections.

I'll keep wearing a mask for the time being..especially if I want to go to Lotus, 7/11 or malls.

I'm the same and I'm in my eighties