Sending a scooter from koh phangan to chiang mai?

I am moving from KPG to CM and I need to send my honda click, has anyone done this and how much did it cost you and how long did it take to arrive in chiang mai and do they deliver it to your address or do you pick it up at the sorting office in Chiang Mai?

Same, my Thai son sent a big bike Chiang Mai to just outside Pattaya, near the Rose Garden venue.

He went into a local basic PO in outer CM and asked, they instantly said YES can do and gave him a card with a number to call.

He was impressed and even more impressed with the 'can do' attitude when he called the correct number. PO came to the house in CM with some packaging materials, did that immediately and took it away, all done in 30 minutes.

Son flew to Utapao, about 48 hrs after taken from house in CM the PO near destination called son and asked what time was convenient to deliver and asked for full address details including some nearby obvious landmarks. 

Within 10 minutes of agreed time they turned up, offloaded the bike, quickly unpacked it and asked son to do a thorough inspection. In fact not one mark.

I think total fee was around 2,500Baht including a little extra to pick up at house in CM and deliver to the door at destination.

Son remarked that the PO staff were professional at every step and keen to do a good job. 

No hints at any stage for extra tips. 

Good luck.

Edited by scorecard
  • Thanks 1

Take it to the Post Office. They'll do everything. I sent a Yamaha Nouvo and bunch of other things to the g/fs house in Chiang Rai in April before leaving ahead of the airport shutdown. They have a set price on many things. Unbelievably cheap. The bike arrived with no damage and it was less than Bt2,000. A bargain. 

Why don’t you drive? I drove from Bangkok to Chang Mai once on my CBR150. Took me about 8 hours including fuel stops and grabbing a bite in between. It quite nice a ride. It was the second day of Songkran and almost no traffic on the road. 

11 hours ago, Agusts said:

As all bike posing expert are reading this thread, can I ask if you can send any bike by post, any CC and weight...!? Not restricted like on trains...

I meant "...bike posting expert... " ...lol 

12 hours ago, Agusts said:

As all bike posing expert are reading this thread, can I ask if you can send any bike by post, any CC and weight...!? Not restricted like on trains...

Prolly any size.

papa was recently quoted B3300

Pattaya/Banglamung to Chiangmai.

200cc KTM.