Statue of scout founder Baden-Powell to be taken down in Britain

snoop1130

6 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Removing the statues is a start, but the Inquisition is quickly going to run out of those...

Time to think about burning some books!

Oh, and while they are at it, why not remove the names of famous criminals given to many public places in the US, such as the J.Edgar Hoover building, or the Dulles International airport?

Hoover!  And I can't recall which of the Dulles brothers was which. 

... OK, got it.  J.F. Dulles was Sec State.  His brother Allen was Dir. of the CIA about the same time. Power brokers.  Yikes!

3 hours ago, evadgib said:

In which case how did it capture the wrong side vandalizing the shrine?

What shrine are you on about?they put up a memorial to Steven lawrence,and a dummy camera,the memorial got vandalised it came out the camera was a dummy so they put a genuine one up.

11 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And why is that I wonder?

Maybe because his Mum was made a Baroness for no reason other than being black and BLM are dead set against the Monarchy....what do you think the reason is? And surely the same kind of protection should be afforded to all that may be vandalised regardless of what they stand for...The law is free from politics no?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Supporter of fascism, vociferous admirer of Hitler and Mussolini, racist and self loathing homophobe who liked to wear short pants and go camping with boys in the woods.

But always "prepared" for whatever the woods might turn up....

• Sad 1

“Whilst famed for the creation of the Scouts, we also recognise that there are some aspects of Robert Baden-Powell’s life that are considered less worthy of commemoration,” council leader Vikki Slade said.

Sounds like everybody's life to me.

50% of Americas Founding Fathers were slavers- are they all to be expunged from the records?

Is George to be removed from the currency?

Giving over to mob rule , a mob that cant even observe social distancing for self preservation , is not the way to go.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, zaZa9 said:

“Whilst famed for the creation of the Scouts, we also recognise that there are some aspects of Robert Baden-Powell’s life that are considered less worthy of commemoration,” council leader Vikki Slade said.

Sounds like everybody's life to me.

50% of Americas Founding Fathers were slavers- are they all to be expunged from the records?

Is George to be removed from the currency?

Giving over to mob rule , a mob that cant even observe social distancing for self preservation , is not the way to go.

You have to look at it from the spirit of the time.

Washington's and others actions at that time were considered justified, whereas Baden Powell's actions and feelings also at the time were not. 

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

All Roman statues to be removed - they kept slaves.

Ha ha, true.

i wonder what they were referred to at that time?

The word 'slave' originates from the eastern European Slavs who were sold into slavery by conquering peoples.

In English the word 'slave' appeared around 16th century.

8 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Ha ha, true.

The word 'slave' originates from the eastern European Slavs who were sold into slavery by conquering peoples.

The Romans called slaves "Servus or serva".

"Servus homo est, non persona, homo naturae, persona iuris civilis vocabulum"

a slave is a man (human being), not a person, man (human being) is a word of nature, person (is a word) of civil law.

It means that a slave is a human being, but not a person, in the sense that a "person", legally speaking, is a human being with civil rights and duties (and, of course, a slave cannot have civil rights).

So basically the Antifa vandalism is the ultimate consequence of Democracy. Giving the vote to everybody, regardless of property leads to this. The slaves have become people, and naturally now think they can decide what is good and bad.

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Ha ha, true.

"Bri-tons never never ne-ver SHALL be slaves".....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

in my home country, the real racists are blacks & arabs, that insult the native folks

the no manners / no education imported youth because the locals don't F... enough anymore, in the hope they would come and work ..... sad but true ...

no more pork served in school,  santa claus taken away , no more christmas tree .... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Abused In Scouting - Boy Scouts Sexual Abuse -Call 1.888.99 ...

abusedinscouting.com

Were you sexually abused by a Boy Scouts of America leader or volunteer? Call today for free case consultation."

Ads from a few companies running now on American TV channels.

#oldfarangsmatter

Edited by Thailand

18 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

in my home country, the real racists are blacks & arabs, that insult the native folks

the no manners / no education imported youth because the locals don't F... enough anymore, in the hope they would come and work ..... sad but true ...

no more pork served in school,  santa claus taken away , no more christmas tree .... 

Is your home country France, or Belgium maybe?

• Haha 2