Dvd Writer

Noodles

I'm looking for a DVD writer/burner for my PC that does everything. I've been looking at

Lite-On, but I'm not sure on what one to get.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what model would most suit my needs.

Its going to get alot of use as I do alot of video and music editing.

Thanks for your comments

I'm looking for a DVD writer/burner for my PC that does everything. I've been looking at

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what model would most suit my needs.

Thanks for your comments

few weeks ago , i saw a LG in a friend computer doing dvd copy !work fine to me.

When i got a new computer 2 weeks ago , i git one for myself

ODD LG DVD_RW in 18x supermultipl lightscribe ..no problem with it !

I like asus too

Last month I bought an LG H42L at Pantip for 1,100 baht. It burns every type of disk and has all the latest features you could possibly need. Don't get tricked into buying a more expensive mode!

Thanks for your comments

I had a Sony DVD writer. It was about a year old when it died and it really hadn't been used very much. I took it to a computer shop and the guy grinned at me and pointed to the trash can. I bought a Lite On and it works just fine. It just says DVD Multi Recorder on the cover.

Guest Reimar

I use mainly Pioneer A110 an A111 which doing everything except LightScribe. For LightScribe I use HP. Both very good and never ha burning problems or later on reading the burned media.

Differs to LiteOn, BenQ and LG. Samsung also quite ok.

Thanks for your comments

I got a Samsung SH-S182 DVD writer does everything including lightscribe ,about 1600 bath at DATA IT.

Comes with Nero software.

Without the lightscribe option they have a similiar Samsung DVD writer costing about 1300 bath.

I had a Lite On DVD writer that died within a year before I got the Samsung last month.

ps I agree with Reimar on the LiteOn I also had many read problems with discs made in this drive , Samsung no problems at all !

Edited by brianinbangkok

I recommend Benq's. They're the most popular here since they seem to be the most reliable.

benqs are said to be engineered more substantially, than most of the others, they seem to get a marginally higher start rating in reviews and they have recently been taken on board by lite-on to acquire their engineering talent.

In Uk Pioneer seemed to be regarded as the market leader in DVD burning, not mentioned at all here.

I have a benq and a lite on, 1340thb for 20x and lightscribe (from www.jib.co.th) and well reviewed utterly unbeatable value.