UK abandons plan to introduce full border checks with EU on Jan. 1 - FT

webfact

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Low tax and low regulation leads to investment, which leads to jobs and a healthy economy.

Singapore on Thames, here we come. The added bonus is that the EU and the Europhiles will hate it, so it will be highly amusing when they finally realize we're serious about telling them to shove their level playing field up the chocolate starfish ????.

See more of this soon, even for manufacturing.
Why didn't the Remainers want to talk too much about Nissan closing Spanish plant in favour of Sunderland that bastion of Brexit?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Bruntoid said:

Any update on trade deals ? 

No, we are too busy beating Barnier & Co into a cowering submission at the moment. Then they'll all be lining up to be given the same treatment - UK Rules, take them or leave them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

The banana thing is a euromyth, a.k.a. a lie, a.k.a. the real project fear, 40 years of anti-EU BS peddled by the majority of the UK press.

see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commission_Regulation_(EC)_No._2257/94 .

In the UK after 1 Jan 20121 all out-of-standard bananas can be dumped.

3 hours ago, Loiner said:

Sorry, you wouldn't be allowed in.

Not even when Boris gives me free movement in one of your only trade deals you are getting this side of 2025? 

No rush, more than happy to be getting one of your pensions as part of my retirement portfolio. Thanks for the free cash. 

Edited by samran
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

you forgot your hormone treated beef...hmmm delicious......your breasts might grow to huge tits......self-serving..????????????

Actually you make that sound like a bad thing ????

Will give me something to do during lockdown.

Edited by Rookiescot
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Must be some mistake here. How can the Europeans be assured their bananas will have the correct regulation curvature? 

UK is no longer part of the EU, so whatever UK does, it's UK's problem. 

Most from EU will have free access EU -> UK next year.

Goods from UK -> EU will have customs inspections as EU countries are ready to do so.

UK just confirmed that it will not ask extension to transition period. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Loiner said:

You didn't know that we already left right?? The sixth months you are still clinging to is your rapidly expiring transition period. Barnier has slightly over two weeks to come up with something and he can't!!!

How or when the new systems are implemented is entirely up to us. Boris has taken back control and we now make our own decision, not Eurocrats. Hurts you doesn't it?

Thanks to the pandemic, Boris' level of competence has been clearly demonstrated. It's not just Brexit opponents who will suffer under his mismanagement.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Of course there will not be an extension. The far right in the Conservative party have already achieved their goal.

No deal Brexit.

The damage to the country will be enormous but thats a price worth paying to preserve tax havens and tax avoidance scams for the rich.

Poor people dont matter. 

"Poor people dont matter"

Nor do old people in the care houses seems by the corona virus negligence when bringing in non tested ones from the hospitals to the care homes....

Matt Hancock got his first legal case presented by lady docter who lost father because such handling

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Actually no. Johnson has lived up to all expectations. 

Utterly incompetent.

He has lived up to my expectations, he was never going to live up to yours and that is where the bitterness lays. He promised no more extensions et voila, no more extensions. An extension was the last chance saloon for many remainers and democracy has been served in tall glasses.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

He has lived up to my expectations, he was never going to live up to yours and that is where the bitterness lays. He promised no more extensions et voila, no more extensions. An extension was the last chance saloon for many remainers and democracy has been served in tall glasses.

Told you several times before. I dont want an extension. I want No Deal Brexit delivered as soon as possible.

Maximum damage to the economy and fabric of UK society. 

Get on with it.

• Haha 1