Visitors to six zoos can marvel at animals for free until end June

snoop1130

Visitors to six zoos can marvel at animals for free until end June

By THE NATION

800_cac5048e8c0abe8.jpeg

In a move to boost local tourism, Natural Resources and Environment Minister Varawut Silpa-archa instructed the Zoological Park Association on Friday (June 12) to open six zoos and waive entry fees from June 15 to 30.

In line with the third-phase easing of lockdown measures, the government announced on June 1 that zoos could reopen provided visitors made reservations beforehand.

“The six zoos that will waive entry fee during the said period are the Khao Kheow Open Zoo in Chonburi as well as those in Chiang Mai, Nakhon Ratchasima, Songkhla, Khon Kaen and Ubon Ratchathani,” he said. “All staff and visitors are required to strictly adhere to measures put in place to curb the Covid-19 contagion.”

The measures in place are:

- Tickets must be reserved via telephone or mobile app;

- Visitors must be screened using thermal scanners at all entrances;

- Visitors must check in and out using the ThaiChana platorm;

- Social distancing must be maintained in all areas of the zoo;

- Alcohol gel dispensers must be provided in crowded areas;

- Visitors will only be allowed see animals displayed in open areas;

- All indoor activities, including animal shows, will be cancelled to avoid public gatherings.

“Only 2,000 visitors will be allowed per day to facilitate social-distancing practices,” Varawut said. “During the lockdown period, I had instructed all zoos to undergo a big clean to promote sanitation and ensure the safety of visitors when they open.”

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30389529

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-12

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

During the lockdown period, I had instructed all zoos to undergo a big clean to promote sanitation and ensure the safety of visitors when they open.”

Then they'll go pony and trapping everywhere .. the animals that is .. 

• Haha 1

Let's go look at the starving elephants!

When all this is over, expect news stories to come out about how elephants are being shot because they can't feed them and would rather put them out of their misery than watch them starve.  (not the zoos but those other tourist traps)

4 hours ago, sprq said:

Except Dusit Zoo, which has been taken away from us.

Yes, closed years before its replacement would ever be ready and the animals dispersed to facilities that may not have been suitable.

Will anyone dare check on the welfare of those animals and lay any blame where it belongs?

Edited by greeneking
spelling
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, nightfox said:

So whats the falang price to get in as free or waved is not a word Im used to in Thailand.

Khon Kaen Zoo was already free for people over 60 years, Thai and foreigner.
Which mobile app to use for reservation?

• Haha 1

I would like to be allowed to buy food to visit zoos. It's stupid to wish to visit a zoo for free when animals actually need food !

Are we allowed to have an opinion on zoos here ? or just like Richard B the idiot blogger working for TAT who only has authority online, because his life is so pitiful, you do not allow comments ?

????

Edited by gamesgplayemail

3 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

wrong ! application is not made by Thai, it's an international app, so it's in English and also allow foreigners !

I registered at most events for free ❤️

Yes...I hope I'm wrong. As you know, was only poking some fun at those racist Thai officials whom come up with such thoughtless, blatant and unabashed discrimination. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

In the year 2020, do people still marvel at wild animals caged in unnatural surroundings for the benefit of gawking, curious humans, who have no concept of the suffering of these creatures? 

yes but what is the choice ? what will we do with animals. I am going to inspect some of the zoo and report them if anything looks bad. I also hope to find a way to buy food for them, as I will never give any money to any Thai, never.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

yes but what is the choice ? what will we do with animals. I am going to inspect some of the zoo and report them if anything looks bad. I also hope to find a way to buy food for them, as I will never give any money to any Thai, never.

What will we do with the animals...?

How about releasing the healthy ones back into nature reserves?

The old or too tame ones re homed in spacious well run safari parks / international standard zoos. 

Then shut down the cruel crappy zoos for good, and stop buying / breeding wild animals for public entertainment. 

I would not advise you to post negative comments about any observations you make about badly cared for animals in the zoo's here....otherwise you might get arrested and charged for computer crimes / fake news or prosecuted for defamation. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

I would not advise you to post negative comments about any observations you make about badly cared for animals in the zoo's here....otherwise you might get arrested and charged for computer crimes / fake news or prosecuted for defamation. 

hahaha, thanks to people like you things will clearly change !

first it's so ridiculous to think that we can release the animals safely, and second, I have posted more reviews in Thai and different languages, reviews about Thailand, since more than 10 years, and I am still here calling a retard business owner what he is ! I am waiting for them, but maybe it takes time to go though 3 VPN and emais/facebook accounts open abroad with fake IPs ?

Time to grow some, then you could tell the truth to who deserve it !

At the same time, I am not 100 years old, so maybe this is why I still have some big ones and quite high in the pouch !

9 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

hahaha, thanks to people like you things will clearly change !

first it's so ridiculous to think that we can release the animals safely, and second, I have posted more reviews in Thai and different languages, reviews about Thailand, since more than 10 years, and I am still here calling a retard business owner what he is ! I am waiting for them, but maybe it takes time to go though 3 VPN and emais/facebook accounts open abroad with fake IPs ?

Time to grow some, then you could tell the truth to who deserve it !

At the same time, I am not 100 years old, so maybe this is why I still have some big ones and quite high in the pouch !

You misunderstood me.  I was being sarcastic. I hate those laws.????

Also, I am 40 years old not 100 years old!

Having fake Facebook accounts is not too good, and neither is calling people a 'retard'.

Considering you write reviews over 10 years I am surprised you don't know that sentences start with a capital letter and you should not leave a space at the end of sentences before using an exclamation mark.

What are your qualifications and experience with rehabilitating animals back to the wild? How do you known it can not work?

I am actually a qualified zoologist and i have worked at nature reserves and even zoos back in the UK. 

Oh, and I can also read and write Thai language, having learnt it over the 14 years I have lived here full time. 

Perhaps your over confident, cocky and rather arrogant attitude may improve as you get older and mature, and you become less interesting the size of other men's testicles. 

• Haha 1