Bought a robot vacuum cleaner / mop

robblok

8 minutes ago, faraday said:

Let's have a video of it action then Rob.

I got a 40 second clip of it annoying my dog. The dog was not hurt but just does not like to be touched and over reacts to it.

Edited by robblok

3 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Does it yak yak you for leaving things on the floor? ????

Thankfully no.. though there are downsides to a robot, if your pet were to defalcate in the house it would smear it all over ????. But my dog sleeps upstairs so that risk is taken care of. I just use it downstairs to keep the room a bit presentable. 

Just now, steven100 said:

looks good rob,  so you put the water and liquid cleaner in the top and let her do her thing ...

Yes there is a container that allows 200ml of water (not a lot but seems to do the job). It vacuums at the same time. You can let it do separate things too. So just mop or just vacuum.

It wont work if your house is a complete mess but it keeps it longer clean after it has been cleaned weel. With only 200 ml of water it wont be able to clean (for instance) a syrup that you dropped and let dry in for a few hours. So its not a complete replacement of a maid or some work on your own.

I just use it at night and it does a good job, i accept that it has some limitations. But i was pleasantly surprised by what it did. I have a maid come in once a week and in between the floor would get quite dirt (you did see the dog he is part of the problem and so am I). Now the floor stays clean so that is a good thing. 

I am amazed at how far these robots have come since development. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Snow Leopard said:

Whats the brand and cost. I am looking for one of these. 

Xiaomi vacuum mop pro price is a bit under 12.000 bt from lazada. You should read some reviews and such. Dont expect it to be a total replacement of a maid but its great to keep the house clean(er) in between real cleaning. 

As i said before it has its limitations as the mob is wet but not super wet (you can pre wet it) but still really stick stuff or hard to clean stuff wont be done as it cannot exert enough pressure. The mop is fixed and nota rotating thing. 

18 minutes ago, Snow Leopard said:

Whats the brand and cost. I am looking for one of these. 

It's a Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop Pro. 8490THB on Lazada

From phone to appliances I have a bunch of Xiaomi stuff at home. A great cost effective brand with a good quality.

9 minutes ago, Sundown said:

It's a Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop Pro. 8490THB on Lazada

From phone to appliances I have a bunch of Xiaomi stuff at home. A great cost effective brand with a good quality.

I got the global version has a bit more power to it. Is also a bit more expensive. More battery power (or so i have read)

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

I got the global version has a bit more power to it. Is also a bit more expensive. More battery power (or so i have read)

Ah okay I just looked quickly thanks for the heads up, might get one as well

6 minutes ago, Sundown said:

Ah okay I just looked quickly thanks for the heads up, might get one as well

That is what i saw anyway, I was baffled about the price difference at first too. Then i found out that there were two version. I hope I am right otherwise i spend around 4000 bt too much. 

Recently I bought a 600 baht mini robot vacuum cleaner from lazada, it was an impulse-buy kind of thing because it was under the flash deal category at that time.

Man, I have to say what a waste of money that was. The robot when I'm lucky, sucks 1 single grain of dirt per square meter. And it produces this loud sound of utter disappointment as it goes around my living room doing absolutely f-all.

I figured with the quality of the robots, you need to "go hard or go home with floor still dirty"

How much is the robot? And what is the exact model of the Xiaomi robot?

Edit: Ah ok, you mentioned the details already in your posts above.

Edited by DE Land
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, robblok said:

I got a 40 second clip of it annoying my dog. The dog was not hurt but just does not like to be touched and over reacts to it.

One of the 2 dogs I had before would have done a lot more than bark at it!

Actually probably would not have barked at all but just played with it and if possible pick it up in its teeth :smile:

2 hours ago, topt said:

One of the 2 dogs I had before would have done a lot more than bark at it!

Actually probably would not have barked at all but just played with it and if possible pick it up in its teeth :smile:

My dog is 14 years old and grumpy. I still love him though. Not much play in him left.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DE Land said:

Recently I bought a 600 baht mini robot vacuum cleaner from lazada, it was an impulse-buy kind of thing because it was under the flash deal category at that time.

Man, I have to say what a waste of money that was. The robot when I'm lucky, sucks 1 single grain of dirt per square meter. And it produces this loud sound of utter disappointment as it goes around my living room doing absolutely f-all.

I figured with the quality of the robots, you need to "go hard or go home with floor still dirty"

How much is the robot? And what is the exact model of the Xiaomi robot?

Edit: Ah ok, you mentioned the details already in your posts above.

What do you expect for 600thb?

My mate paid 20K for one and rates it highly.

• Like 1

Why do you use it at night?  One of our cats sometimes urps up her food and I expect this robot would just smear it around the floor.  It would be good to use during the day when we can inspect for cat-ralph before turning the robot loose.

Like you, we have a maid once and week and do sweep the "traffic areas" a couple times a week to clean up tracked kitty litter, but it would be nice to have a robot do the sweeping and mopping.

Oh, that reminds me, do you think this robot can handle the odd pellet of kitty litter?  The kind we use is perfectly round and rolls for miles on the tile floor.  The litter boxes are on the balcony with rugs around them, but sometimes the little dears still track litter into the condo when they enter through the cat flap.

The internet is full of videos of cats riding around on these robot vacuums.  And terrorizing dogs while doing so.  Good to know that there is one that actually is a good vacuum and not just an expensive cat toy.

4 hours ago, NancyL said:

Why do you use it at night?  One of our cats sometimes urps up her food and I expect this robot would just smear it around the floor.  It would be good to use during the day when we can inspect for cat-ralph before turning the robot loose.

Like you, we have a maid once and week and do sweep the "traffic areas" a couple times a week to clean up tracked kitty litter, but it would be nice to have a robot do the sweeping and mopping.

Oh, that reminds me, do you think this robot can handle the odd pellet of kitty litter?  The kind we use is perfectly round and rolls for miles on the tile floor.  The litter boxes are on the balcony with rugs around them, but sometimes the little dears still track litter into the condo when they enter through the cat flap.

My dog sleeps upstairs at night with me. So yes at night (evening when he is up) is the best time. I am sure it can get cat pellets too. 

I would not let the robot work at night if the dog was down. 

10 hours ago, robblok said:

My dog sleeps upstairs at night with me. So yes at night (evening when he is up) is the best time. I am sure it can get cat pellets too. 

I would not let the robot work at night if the dog was down. 

I have bought a Xiaomi/roborock S6MaxV. It works perfect and you can instruct the robot that you have a dog. It can recognize poo and will avoid it.

... but just does not like to be touched and over reacts to it.

Sounds like my ex-wife...

Anyway, I wouldn't leave that thing switched on at night.  It might get affected by 5G, go mad and suck up the dog.... ????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

Sounds like my ex-wife...

Anyway, I wouldn't leave that thing switched on at night.  It might get affected by 5G, go mad and suck up the dog.... ????

???? That is why i keep the dog upstairs at night.. 

1 hour ago, koosdeboer said:

I have bought a Xiaomi/roborock S6MaxV. It works perfect and you can instruct the robot that you have a dog. It can recognize poo and will avoid it.

Nice.. thankfully my dog sleeps upstairs with me so its not needed. Plus if i let it work at night it wont bother me as im sitting behind my desk and my dog is somewhere lying down.

But nice machine. 

On 6/14/2020 at 1:18 PM, izod10 said:

Ive got one,it called a Thai cleaner

Our neighbor won a store competition, about 6 household items including small TV, small air-fryer other items, and a robot cleaner and small stand alone plug in vacuum cleaner.

Next morning the maid arrived, the lady of the house shows the maid the 2 cleaning machines both turned on, maid is terrified of the activity of both items and more so the noise.

She disappears to another room. A while later she reappears and pleads with the lady of the house to allow her to repack the 2 machines and hide them in the storeroom. 

Boxes never opened again.

On 6/14/2020 at 9:51 AM, robblok said:

Xiaomi vacuum mop pro price is a bit under 12.000 bt from lazada. You should read some reviews and such. Dont expect it to be a total replacement of a maid but its great to keep the house clean(er) in between real cleaning. 

As i said before it has its limitations as the mob is wet but not super wet (you can pre wet it) but still really stick stuff or hard to clean stuff wont be done as it cannot exert enough pressure. The mop is fixed and nota rotating thing. 

Cheers. Thanks for the reply