In London skirmishes, suspected far-right protester is rescued

rooster59

6 hours ago, robblok said:

I blame the white guy, BLM guys were protesting somewhere, then those extreme right protesters start their protest close by to start a fight. Why can't they be sensible and stay away and protest somewhere else. Then he was fortunate that someone too pity on him and carried him to safety. 

from what i read the 'statue protectors' only stopped when they ran out of beer, lol - pretty well says it all..

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Hmmm. Firing fireworks at police officers and assaulting them.

If carried out by extreme left wing groups you call it idiocy. If carried out by extreme right groups/football hooligans you call it thuggery.

I don't differentiate criminal actions based on the political beliefs of those carrying them out. 

You and Mayor Khan apparently do.

I call it as I see it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

In laymans terms, a man that does not want to surrender British culture and history to a revisionist leftist mob. Nice of the police to finally spring into action, although I did not see scenes of mass looting like when the BLM were "protesting". Wonder why the patriotic pro-statue crowd deserved a beat down?

There are real demonstrators and there are the thugs out for a ruck.  They come from both camps and can be compared to the football hooligans of old.

It's a choose your side thing.  In my fathers day you had teddy boys and bikers.  In my day it was mod's and rockers going down to Brighton in the summer for a weekend brawl.  The football hooligan thing was probably the biggest example of the brain dead morons tooling up and going out specifically to fight.  Nothing to do with football as such, just tribal thuggery that appeals to the young (and not so young) easily manipulated dickheads.

And yes I was there in Brighton along with the rest of them.  I wasn't interested in fighting, far too worried about getting razored by a rocker.  But there was a buzz and it was quite addictive at the time.  Then it was off to uni and time to grow up.  I seem to remember replacing those little blue pills with a bag of cannabis was part of the process.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vogie said:

Not really, when I handed my kit back in on leaving the army, the storeman let me keep my humour.????????????

Really?

I kept my boots because no way did I want to be breaking in new ones again if I ever got called back up.

And if you were of insufficient rank that you were actually listening to a storeman then hell mend you. He probably handed you a bag of Fullers earth and said it was in there somewhere.

This narrative that it was Army veterans defending statues is totally false. 

If Army veterans thought for one second that was needed there would have been a hundred thousand in that square. The fact it was only defended by racist thugs (copyright Johnson) tells everyone what was really going on.

• Haha 2