Is Shoppee A Reliable Online Purchasing Platform?

paddypower

Usually  I buy from Lazada, if not a bricks and mortar store. However the only place I see a certain new camera for sale is at Shoppee. The model is  Realme X50 Pro. any good/bad experiences at Shoppee? thanks.

Edited by metisdead
ALL CAPS removed from topic title.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Pay COD!

If only 1 seller has it, it may not exist.

Lots of drop shippers on Lazada and Shoppee.

At least Shopee has the current quantity displayed on the page so you normally have a good indication if in stock (read with feedback ratings of seller).  Another thing to check is how many they have sold (often helps to narrow down to good price/value seller)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Not true.

The 'stock number' is actually BS.

They just cancel your order, and you can't write a review or rate a cancelled order.

And then you get to play the game of getting money back to your Airpay account, then a Thai only bank account.

Normally the 'naughty boys' don't allow use of COD for a reason.

I have seen stock reduce and out of stock after I make orders.  If they cancel you get your money back if paying by bank transfer very quickly into your normal account with no action required once you have confirmed account ownership one time (and they go through the process with you with examples of what is required).

21 minutes ago, Toany said:

the trouble with Lazada is that they are only as good as their seller.  They do not control them well and negative feedback does not get put on the website.  Some sellers will report your items packed and waiting to be shipped for days.  This stops you getting a refund.  Then evenyually they cancel because out of stock and give a refund.  Then they put the same item back on sale at a higher price.  Reported to Lazada and ignored.

So True, wait until you want to replace or return a defective item. They just wear down until you give up and go away.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, curtklay said:

Please. How do you get Shoppee to show in English? 

In Chrome just right clack on page in red header and tell it to translate to English - often only have to do one time but if need again easy to do.  Translations are quite good.

On 6/14/2020 at 4:30 PM, Bob A Kneale said:

Yes, it is very reliable, I have only good experiences.

Likewise. So far so good.

I think they hold the money in escrow until you receive the product and confirm its all good.

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

In Chrome just right clack on page in red header and tell it to translate to English - often only have to do one time but if need again easy to do.  Translations are quite good.

Shopee now offers the pages to be translated English automatically, which has just been implemented recently, so no need to translate manually anymore. This is on Firefox by the way.

• Like 1

In either Lazada or Shoppee's case, you can't really judge the platform itself, as both are made up of thousands of individual sellers who do their own things, for better or worse, in terms of customer service.

The main thing you can judge either platform itself on is how well they respond, if they respond at all, once you as the buyer reach some kind of impasse with the seller or the seller simply refuses to fulfill their duties.

35 minutes ago, Straight8 said:
On 6/14/2020 at 1:30 PM, Bob A Kneale said:

Yes, it is very reliable, I have only good experiences.

Likewise. So far so good.

I think they hold the money in escrow until you receive the product and confirm its all good.

I'd seriously doubt that!

11 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

In either Lazada or Shoppee's case, you can't really judge the platform itself, as both are made up of thousands of individual sellers who do their own things, for better or worse, in terms of customer service.

don't agree 

The critical element of Lazada and Shopee is how they manage returns and refunds making sure the buyer is protected against rogue sellers, if they didn't offer that protection they would not be in business, same goes for ebay and Amazon 

12 minutes ago, smedly said:

don't agree 

The critical element of Lazada and Shopee is how they manage returns and refunds making sure the buyer is protected against rogue sellers, if they didn't offer that protection they would not be in business, same goes for ebay and Amazon 

You seem to have ignored the 2nd paragraph of what I wrote, which pretty much deals with what you're saying here...  How well either does this after the fact role is a matter of some debate.

The main thing you can judge either platform itself on is how well they respond, if they respond at all, once you as the buyer reach some kind of impasse with the seller or the seller simply refuses to fulfill their duties.

8 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You seem to have ignored the 2nd paragraph of what I wrote, which pretty much deals with what you're saying here...  How well either does this after the fact role is a matter of some debate.

sorry about that, you are right, I didn't expect the content of your second paragraph to contradict the first

3 hours ago, kwak250 said:

I always bought on Lazada but started using Shopee because it's cheaper and the purchases seem to arrive much quicker.

Shopee has a dreadful website, items come up in dollars and there is no box to click to get their prices in Thai. I am not saying it can't be done, but they sure don't make it easy for you.

While I'm here, some of Lazadas sellers are very undependable, and Lazada will not take responsibility for them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1