Re Enter Thailand on a Retirement Visa at Covid 19 Times

On 6/15/2020 at 12:14 PM, spidermike007 said:

Can you get a Covid free health letter in Germany?  

Yes, of course 

And possibly health insurance, without a pandemic exception. 

This is normal for insurances from non-anglo-saxon jurisdictions.

Before asking this type of speculative questions like when can I come back, one must ask when can Europe and the USA be virus free? My guess is they will allow Austrliand and New Zealders to enter by September. I don't see why virus will magically disappear from Europe and the USA by September. 

Edited by Mulambana
  • Like 1

Can you get a Covid free health letter in Germany? I cannot get one in the US, but we have one of the most broken medical systems in the world, as the world knows by now. I think they will be required. And possibly health insurance, without a pandemic exception. And that is if we are let back in without a 14 day quarantine. Very dicey. I have plans to go back to the US in September, but it looks very questionable at this point, especially since it is ground zero for Covid right now. Germany was hit hard. I think we have to assume we will be considered radioactive Zombies around the world, for quite some time to come. 

there is no such thing as a covid free health letter i think. they want you to show a healthinsurance (100k +) which covers covid 19 (my does) and else you need to do a covid 19 test before flying out (not older then 3 days, i think)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mulambana said:

Before asking this type of speculative questions like when can I come back, one must ask when can Europe and the USA be virus free? My guess is they will allow Austrliand and New Zealders to enter by September. I don't see why virus will magically disappear from Europe and the USA by September. 

i dont think you are right with your statement.

doing a covid 19 test before flying and 14 days of state quarantine can do the trick as well.

On 6/15/2020 at 12:20 PM, ThailandRyan said:

@Wolfgang A unfortunately there are many in your shoes, myself included.  There are also those still stuck on the outside trying to get back to families.  At the end of the day until the writing is actually on the wall and the ink is dried, and a Royal Gazette document is signed off on, then the world outside, although open for us to leave here, will not be allowed back in for the time being.  I have now canceled my July flights with Delta/Korean Air and been given another e-credit.  Only time will tell.... 

there are flights back from germany to thailand,

i do have a valid visa,

i do have a health insurance 100k+/covering covid 19.

i will do a covid 19 test before travelling back to thailand (within the 3 days before return period).

i would do a 14 days state quarantain when entering the country.

are you shure there is an actual ban on people from our countries, even if they have all requirements?

would be interesting to know!

thanks

Edited by Wolfgang A

5 hours ago, Mulambana said:

i do have a valid visa,

i will do a covid 19 test before travelling back to thailand (within the 3 days before return period).

are you shure there is an actual ban on people from our countries, even if they have all requirements?

thanks

Can you get a Covid free health letter in Germany? I cannot get one in the US, but we have one of the most broken medical systems in the world, as the world knows by now. I think they will be required. And possibly health insurance, without a pandemic exception. And that is if we are let back in without a 14 day quarantine. Very dicey. I have plans to go back to the US in September, but it looks very questionable at this point, especially since it is ground zero for Covid right now. Germany was hit hard. I think we have to assume we will be considered radioactive Zombies around the world, for quite some time to come. 

i do have a valid visa,

thanks

On 6/14/2020 at 2:35 PM, blackcab said:

Nobody knows what will happen next month. September is impossible to predict.

I'm sorry I cannot help you, but any prediction would be nothing more than speculation.

i do have a valid visa,

thanks

24 minutes ago, Wolfgang A said:

i dont think you are right with your statement.

doing a covid 19 test before flying and 14 days of state quarantine can do the trick as well.

i do have a valid visa,

thanks

On 6/14/2020 at 4:01 PM, bunnydrops said:

The way they are talking it will depend on the virus situation in the country you are coming from. Letting people in from countries with low infection rates. But as others have said nobody really knows.

i do have a valid visa,

thanks

On 6/15/2020 at 12:20 PM, ThailandRyan said:

@Wolfgang A unfortunately there are many in your shoes, myself included.  There are also those still stuck on the outside trying to get back to families.  At the end of the day until the writing is actually on the wall and the ink is dried, and a Royal Gazette document is signed off on, then the world outside, although open for us to leave here, will not be allowed back in for the time being.  I have now canceled my July flights with Delta/Korean Air and been given another e-credit.  Only time will tell.... 

i do have a valid visa,

thanks

On 6/15/2020 at 6:51 AM, crazykopite said:

My wife is stuck in the U.K. her flight now is cancelled for 3rd time in July and she tells me she cannot get new requirements to get back even if there was a flight back new requirement are 1, All foreigners must have $100,000 insurance policy that states in the policy you are covered for Covid 19 2, you must obtain clearance health certificate no older than 72 hours before you return to Thailand (this requirement also include Thai’s)

Wolfgang A is a typical German.... organised! But this is looney land. Trust the Thai Govt to come up with another well thought out plan. They enforced the regs without considering if anyone could comply. Or did they simply decide to say.... yeah, you can come in anytime but.... there is a catch, which effectively blocks everyone. Well done Thai Govt!

See Da Roadrunners other thread.... which ultimately may force the door open.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1168846-airlines-launch-legal-action-over-new-quarantine-rules/?tab=comments#comment-15528251

This plus the fact that they depend on tourism. Sometimes you have to whack a Thai on the head twice before the message gets through!

Edited by DaRoadrunner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

there is a catch, which effectively blocks everyone. Well done Thai Govt!

Wasn't that a great book......."Catch 22"

Clearly Thai gov using it 

Edited by DrJack54

2 hours ago, Wolfgang A said:

there is no such thing as a covid free health letter i think. they want you to show a healthinsurance (100k +) which covers covid 19 (my does) and else you need to do a covid 19 test before flying out (not older then 3 days, i think)

They have stated one needs a letter certifying that one is Covid free. That letter is not available in the US. I inquired. Is it available anywhere, or they simply talking gibberish again, as usual? If you do a Covid test before flying out, I guess you get written results, right? Is that the Covid letter they are referring to? Do they even know?

2 hours ago, Wolfgang A said:

i do have a valid visa,

thanks

Nobody seems to know anything yet, including Anutin and Pipat. It is a very fluid situation, as they say.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

They have stated one needs a letter certifying that one is Covid free. That letter is not available in the US. I inquired. Is it available anywhere, or they simply talking gibberish again, as usual? If you do a Covid test before flying out, I guess you get written results, right? Is that the Covid letter they are referring to? Do they even know?

i guess that is what they mean.`fit to fly`...doing a covid 19 test within 3 days before your flight back, bringing the written test result should do the trick. thats at least how i understand it. you can do that in the u.s. as well, i`m shure.

5 hours ago, Wolfgang A said:

i do have a valid visa,

Just out of curiosity which valid visa do you have. Not that it makes a difference.

Edited by DrJack54

6 minutes ago, Wolfgang A said:

retirement visa 1 year, valid till 12/2020

If you have a valid non-oa visa or a one year extension for stay based upon retirement you should be able to enter before the day it expires.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have a valid non-oa visa or a one year extension for stay based upon retirement you should be able to enter before the day it expires.

Far as I know Retirement Visas are NOT on the list of those accepted for entry yet? Does Ubon Joe have any confirmation from the powers that be?

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Well that's good news. Especially the Dec bit.

So non O-A or you mean non O retirement with a multi reentry permit?

oops, i dont know the difference between O-A and Non O.

i have an retirement visa and a multiple entry permit (stamp).

(on some old stamps it says `non re`...)

explain please, thx...

28 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Far as I know Retirement Visas are NOT on the list of those accepted for entry yet? Does Ubon Joe have any confirmation from the powers that be?

28 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

thats what all the fuzz is here about.is there a list at all ?

i understand that people dont get new visas at the moment to enter thailand.

but in the case that you have already a valid visa and you bring the new requirements (insurance + covid test) + you accept state quarantine on arrival, 

maybe a different case overall.

but yes i guess, it will be a bit of a gamble.

Edited by Wolfgang A

15 minutes ago, Wolfgang A said:

thats what all the fuzz is here about.is there a list at all ?

i understand that people dont get new visas at the moment to enter thailand.

but in the case that you have already a valid visa and you bring the new requirements (insurance + covid test) + you accept state quarantine on arrival, 

maybe a different case overall.

but yes i guess, it will be a bit of a gamble.

All that means nothing. The good news is that you have current permission of stay untill November with reentry permit.

That means that if and when Thailand opens borders you can enter Thailand. Fact is that may not be anytime soon. Very unlikely in next few months. 

My advise is stop thinking about ...you accept quarantine etc etc. Means zip.

There will be slow trickle of other non Thai.

Folk with work permits and PR and marriage extensions, etc.

Your down the food chain. Plain on September October at best.

My personal opinion is could be longer.

Edited by DrJack54

10 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

There is no list now other than for those that can get on a repatriation flight.

My comment was for a entry in December.

22 hours ago, Wolfgang A said:

i guess that is what they mean.`fit to fly`...doing a covid 19 test within 3 days before your flight back, bringing the written test result should do the trick. thats at least how i understand it. you can do that in the u.s. as well, i`m shure.

You can get a Covid test in the US, and my guess is that they will give you some sort of paper saying you tested negative. However, Thailand has been stating they will want a "Covid free health letter", which is something entirely different and many countries will not offer that, due to the liability associated with the incubation phase, and false negatives. So, again it is a case of the grossly incompetent authorities here not really know what they want!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

You can get a Covid test in the US, and my guess is that they will give you some sort of paper saying you tested negative. However, Thailand has been stating they will want a "Covid free health letter", which is something entirely different and many countries will not offer that, due to the liability associated with the incubation phase, and false negatives. So, again it is a case of the grossly incompetent authorities here not really know what they want!

you are probably right and it will be the same in germany. i will get a test result, but probably no letter guaranting that i am covid free.