Why are 12 year old kids and younger riding motorcycles?

8 minutes ago, marvin1950 said:

So why have a legal age for driving a motorbike then.

What's the point of having laws.

If parents don't care why should government.

The point of having a law is so when it all goes wrong they have something to charge the offenders with.

NZ has laws against smoking MJ, but the cops don't enforce them for casual users. However MJ is just as bad as driving a m'bike underage- just takes longer for the bad effects to become apparent.

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, stouricks said:

What is that word please?

So what's the numbers of falang guests killed on motorbikes compared with Thais?

Adjust the numbers for populations and miles ridden and maybe, just maybe, we can begin to have a conversation.  

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:NZ has laws against smoking MJ, but the cops don't enforce them for casual users. However MJ is just as bad as driving a m'bike underage- just takes longer for the bad effects to become apparent.

You lost me at MJ is just as bad as driving a bike underage unless you me at to say that MJ use by underage children is as bad as underage children driving.  

If you actually meant to say that MJ use by adults is just as bad as underage children riding motorbikes, I have to ask for some stats on that.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What are you on about with "no training"? They've been riding on m'bikes since before they could walk, and certainly way better m'bike riders than the average farang guest in LOS.

To answer the OP; because they don't live in a PC nanny state like the OP does.

Seems to me that TVF is populated by some people that think they know better than Thais how they should live in their own country. There's a word that describes such people.

Or maybe the Thai's are actually just wrong about this.

I care about kids dying needlessly due to irresponsibility. I don't think i need to silence myself sharing my opinion out of fear it may offend you or a Thai.

There are many words for people who look to subdue such open expressions of thoughts and concern. Should i really just shut my mouth since i'm not Thai?, should I not have any views on anything else happening in the world outside my own borders of birth?. That's an absolutely ridiculous argument or stance to take in my humble opinion.

• Haha 2