I’m sitting in the Pub right now and all I can say is....

WineOh

16 hours ago, Oldie said:

I just came back from the Royal Garden Plaza here in Pattaya. Extremely empty and it is for sure not the fault of the government. I think they do a great job. For sure better than a Merkel or the EU government or a Trump. There are simply no tourists. The mall is open. But in almost 3 decades living here I never saw it empty like this. Madame Tussauds put there some wax figures. They helped me to feel not too lonely - they are there but in the end this is a sad story, 

I get it now, it's aĺl the tourist's fault that the borders are closed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jesimps said:

I get it now, it's aĺl the tourist's fault that the borders are closed.

Many things come together. There is low season. There are almost no flights. There are still people coming from other countries that have Corona. There is not much motivation to go on holiday at the moment. The government needs to be careful. If Thailand gets the stamp to be a country that does not care about Corona and that here might be many cases people will avoid to come here. There are enough other holiday locations. It is not am easy situation for the government. But I think you would blame them a lot if Thailand had many Corona cases. In addition Corona is a global problem and not only one in Thailand. 

13 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

While you’re in the bar all the other tourists went to these crisps beaches?

If you cant get a lay

you might as well eat lay

17 hours ago, JensenZ said:

As I'm an expat who doesn't rely on a business in Thailand, I'm absolutely loving it. Hardly any traffic on the roads and peace and quiet.  

Yeah who cares about all of the Thais who are losing their business and income. I'm alright Jack. Selfish attitude bro.

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

It has been raining all day so is even more quiet than usual, plus many places selling alcohol 11am-2pm, 5pm to late, go to Treetown in Buakhao the only place to go in town although apparently it was raided last night

But there is lots more people in the soi Buakhou area now,even the market looked fairly busy on Tuesday morning.

18 hours ago, time2093 said:

So its the tourist fault that Thailand wont open its boarders not the government fault that cause thousands of people to loose their livelihood in Thailand.

so don't close the borders .... let every chinese in from Wuhan ....  

your comment sounds very irresponsible and dangerous ... glad your not PM.

1 hour ago, Sydneyboy1 said:

Interesting how you can be sitting in a PUB as they're not allowed to be open yet. Maybe the BIB will come calling and nab you for being in a place that is still in lockdown. 

Jeez mate,

if u think i give rats bottom about the BIB showing up you then are sadly mistaken. 

whenevr they want to talk to me in the past i just start speaking fast scouse to them. Believe me when i say they dont know what hit um ????

20 hours ago, Oldie said:

The tourists can't come to Thailand because there are no flights. What does the government of Thailand have to do with it? I think they really do a lot but they can't do miracles. 

What does the government have to do with it? Have you been living under a rock? The government is not allowing any foreign tourists to enter the country. Of course there are almost no flights!

Edited by charmonman
Correction
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

In which parts have you been and in which places in CM have you been? You sound like a person always at home, with no actual clue, no offense. It is super quiet and horrific in CM once again, the only thing that changed is people driving around endlessly to buy cheap street food, as usual. Students continue what they did since my first visit (and i got relocated to CMU area recent), drink and party at home. But the usual spenders in places, are long gone.

If no improvement by this weekend or next week, I will be 90% sure it will be 50% worse than today. I dare to bet on it, I been right on every thing since the coup.

Compared to 3 weeks ago it is becoming more and more alive. Sorry Chaiyath, I run up in the CMU area daily and live a little past the Saraphi city area. Quite a distance to cover huh? I take different routes to and from and am well acquainted with what's going on. Outside of the typical CM area Thai's are partying under disguise in certain street places, but only difference now is they put a BBQ etc on the counter so under the guise as having food and some will have mugs with the alcohol in them.

Mom and pop shops off the main streets have the congregation of Thai people sucking booze and beer down and that looks to be back to normal. Yes the Sunday walking street is up and running again, but honestly who really cares about that as it is impossible to have crowds as there are no incoming foreign tourists. Thais do not give a rats a r se about that the same as I don't either. Loi Kroh on a daily basis has the massages open and you will see a few bars with the front doors open having a girl or two beckoning you as you pass that its open to a point and to come in. One is actually quite cute and eye contacts me every time. Coming up I may just stop and have a beer after running before going back home. Yes I feel the need to support the local cuties in business. 

On Saturdays I take my daughter to piano practice and for the last 2 weeks have driven around CM in all areas looking to see what is changing. I see a difference but I am not comparing it to the glory hole days prior C19. If you were or are then you are delusional. 

Been in CM well over 20 years so not just a newbie like you seem to be. Yes I do have a clue and you should not compare it to the glory days before the Government shut it all down. It is quite obvious there are only trapped foreign tourists and expats roaming around. But I have also seen more Bangkok cars, so they are starting to travel up here to. No offense taken, but you need to take things in real perspective to what reality is. Sure, CM is not what it was, but if you want to find some fun there is fin out there you can get into. 

11 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Come for what? Closed businesses, no one around, it's desolate. I have friends telling me it's nothing short of a nuclear holacaust. Curfews, lockdowns, although lifted, finally can get a beer. They say it's the last place they would tell their friends to come to. And don't beleive what you read on this forum, life in the west is pretty much back to normal and has been for a long time. I surely don't see people lined up at departure terminal waiting for things to open.

One guy has a fiancé and going to restaurants eating and drinking is totally fine. Another just before he wasn't able to get out of Thailand being up in CM with having everything shut was on the dating services and having gals come over to his guest house. He had food and booze and gals and was extremely happy. That right there is worth the coming. In the USA it is fat ugly chicks or ones stuck up or ones you don't want to be around for the most part. Bars are a dude ranch and for that I say no thank you. Not worth the time. Hikes and the ocean and other things are worth it and you can openly buy and smoke the green which is nice..

Now things are semi back open again here and this is totally open for him to do. He can even now go to Pattaya, go swimming, go eat and drink in restaurants and have girls from online come to see him. Better than the USA where everyone is against each other and the C19 spike is becoming way out of control because of stupid fat headed American attitudes. Don't get me wrong as I am American and from California. The worst here was the ban on alcohol. I actually ran out and was very pizzed off. since open back up I have no problems. So in comparison and fun, I will take a little lot less crowded CM and Thailand.

20 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

That may have something to do with the airports and borders being closed

Well you better get used to no tourists for a few months yet

Wont be many flying in as no flights allowed plus when they do open up 

Cant see many  coming to do 14days quarantine first

Maybe 2021

21 hours ago, Oldie said:

I just came back from the Royal Garden Plaza here in Pattaya. Extremely empty and it is for sure not the fault of the government. I think they do a great job. For sure better than a Merkel or the EU government or a Trump. There are simply no tourists. The mall is open. But in almost 3 decades living here I never saw it empty like this. Madame Tussauds put there some wax figures. They helped me to feel not too lonely - they are there but in the end this is a sad story, 

"The mall is open. But in almost 3 decades living here I never saw it empty like this."

You do know the reason for malls being empty, so why sound so surprised? Even without the Coronavirus situation, Royal Garden Plaza has lost people to Central Festival since it opened 10 years ago. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Did you happen to spot any families while you were out and about in the world class family resort?

Saw lots of Thai families on Wongamat beach over the weekend, read an article that the Centara is looking at 90% occupancy this weekend.

17 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

"The mall is open. But in almost 3 decades living here I never saw it empty like this."

You do know the reason for malls being empty, so why sound so surprised? Even without the Coronavirus situation, Royal Garden Plaza has lost people to Central Festival since it opened 10 years ago. 

I didn't see anyone else. Only in this coffee shop at the exit to the second road were people. 

11 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Come for what? Closed businesses, no one around, it's desolate. I have friends telling me it's nothing short of a nuclear holacaust. Curfews, lockdowns, although lifted, finally can get a beer. They say it's the last place they would tell their friends to come to. And don't beleive what you read on this forum, life in the west is pretty much back to normal and has been for a long time. I surely don't see people lined up at departure terminal waiting for things to open.

Yeah, regular police shootings, mass riots, stuff being pulled down, hospitals full, politicians lying their teeth out, pretty much back to normal........

22 hours ago, Oldie said:

As nobody is allowed in to the country how can there be any foreign tourists? Thais go elsewhere in Pattaya anyway unless they are working.

As to the OPs comment about Chanel and D&G accessories, knock offs surely? They look the same but only last a week before falling apart

The government is to busy trying to work out what to do about all these road fatalities to bother about tourism and 

Thailands economy. :cheesy:  :cheesy:

The tourists can't come to Thailand because there are no flights. What does the government of Thailand have to do with it? I think they really do a lot but they can't do miracles. 

It would not take a miracle to do something about the dreadful road fatalities, just a little common sense and some organisation of the police force, sorry to go a bit off topic, but had to make a point.

22 hours ago, samsensam said:

OP have you been watching the news recently? the world has been in, and is hopefully, now coming out of a global pandemic. while some countries are slowly getting their tourist industry back it is hardly surprising there are not many tourists in thailand or anywhere else in the world. add to that thailand has been particularly strict on who can enter the country. maybe you should spend some time looking at what's going on in the world rather than sitting around looking for tourists and at sex workers.

Thailand has been losing tourists and expats for quite a while now, even before the "pandemic", mainly because of the strong baht and some immigration issues.