Exclusive: Amid Brexit impasse, Germany urges no-deal preparations - document

snoop1130

23 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

There is no plan for Britain to make a trade deal.  Cummings and his lapdog Johnson have made that clear.  They will pay lip service to Parliament but with their majority they can do just what they want to do and screw the rest of us.

But given that the original Brexit campaign was that we would get a fabulous, easiest ever trade deal if we left, you would think most Brexiteers would be disappointed with that promise (like all the others) being tossed out of the window.  Apparently not though. 

But you are not being screwed by anyone, Dom and Jon promised that we would be leaving the EU and that is what we've have done, it is what the majority voted for, democratically they cannot do any more, if they did any less we would be tied to the EU by one way or another, why do you think you are being screwed?

There is only one person not making it an easy trade deal and that is Mr Barnier, all we have asked for a deal like the Canadians have and apparently we can't have have that because of the geographically position of our island, so most people would consider that being most unfair and possible a punishment for having the audacity to leave the Jolly Boys Fun House.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

But you didn't call Jeremy names. Not fair.

No problem at all. I think Corbyn was the worst leader any party have had since the 1930's. He was utterly dishonest about Brexit and fought a referendum campaign specifically aimed to side step the will of the vast majority of his party. Thus he was duplicitous, a lier to be precise, just like Boris. He had disappeared so far up his ideological posterior that a doctor couldn't locate him with a colonoscope. He was a weak man who allowed himself to be ruled by the Stazi scum in the Hard left of his party. He was also strangely rather pleased with himself, the little smirk that crept across his face as he delivered another jewel (To him) of ideological stupidity, was pathetic indeed. Oh and that's the good bits!.

He was anti-western, and if Putin had seen him as a more effective way to destroy the UK he would have given him the money not Aaron Banks & co.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Can you prove your allegations that Russia are backing the current UK PM or any of his advisors?

We'll assume it's just another fantasy then.

The fact die hard traditional Labour areas voted Conservative should tell you all you need to know about Corbyn,

You'll be waiting for Cummings to allow Johnson to publish the Russian interference report then. Don't hold your breath.

"should tell you all you need to know about Corbyn",............I knew already, but fair enough.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Have a little think why the EU are working hard to get a deal, albeit a very one sided deal if possible?

No, not a clue, then perhaps ask an adult to explain it too you.

I’m fully aware of the consequences a no-deal would have and I still stand by every word! 

Does that work for you, “daddy”?! 

Edited by pacovl46
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Depends on how you look at it Vogie.  In the endless discussions in the pub with the people I know who voted leave the mantra was always the same.  "We will get a good deal with the EU!  They need us more than we need them etc. etc.  They got that argument straight from the likes of Gove, Fox and their cronies, so it must be true. 48% of the population could see that that wasn't true and we were all being sold a pup.

Fast forward to today and those same leave voters are now just saying "We want it over, it doesn't matter, we just have to leave".  They are never going to admit that what we were saying from day one was true, but that is totally understandable.  As it turns out there was a deal to be done (of sorts) as May did her best to salvage something.  However as soon as Cummings and Johnson took over it was clear that they would go for what they want which is no deal.

Barnier is being consistent as always and simply sticking to what he said from day one.  It is the British "negotiators" who are huffing and puffing. It is very embarrassing but that is the price you pay for having a buffoon in charge.

As I said before time will tell.  Not whether we leave but just how costly it is going to be.  The effects of the pandemic will help the government as it will be used to take the blame for much the dire economic consequences that will surely occur.

I'll miss out the first paragraph if I may, it has been discussed to death and at the end of the day it is nothing but pure conjecture.

All the leavers that I speak to are very happy leaving with no deal, that is not to say a deal will not be unearthed from the magicians hat at the eleventh hour. 

You say that May did her best, but her best was for the EU and not the UK, nobody was happy with her deal, and in all fairness if the Labour had not voted to a man or women to scupper her deal, you would have got your Brino, so lets have a round of applause for Labour.

Dom and Jon did everything asked of them, parliament was not functioning as it should, there were too many MPs trying to ignore the democratic referendum, it was a hung parliament. Johnson with advice from his R/H man took a gamble and put the question to the British public on a general election, back me or sack me, the rest is history, 80+ seat majority was returned, proving that the country wanted the MPs to get on with the job of extracting us from EU.

As for you calling Mr Frost a buffoon I find quite strange, he seems to be doing a mighty fine job from where I'm sitting, and calling our PM a buffoon doesn't say much for the other political parties leaders that were up for the challenge.

As for the pandemic, I think the Tories could have lived without that, the last thing they wanted was covid19 as their trump card.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

I concede that calling Frost a buffoon was wrong, after all he is just a puppet for Cummings and as such will fail miserably.  As for calling Boris a buffoon I can't claim that as mine.  It has been used extensively in and out of the media for years going back as far as him hanging from the zip wire over the Thames.  As for not saying much for other party leaders, absolutely spot on!

I don't think that British politics have ever looked so pathetic.  Embarrassing beyond belief

Boris is getting his mojo back, onwards and upwards.????

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

Fact is that Unilever, a company 50% British, 50% dutch,  surely not one of the smallest, initially intended to stay in the Netherlands, has decided now to stay 100% in England.

A global player, who brings ONLY 50% of his headquarters to London, pure out of cost reduction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, vogie said:

The UK fishing industry must be important to the EU, they have done nothing but talk about it, however the EU have finally realised that waters around the UK, belong to the UK and have said themselves that EU boats do not have a right to fish them.

In the British press... yes, but in the German, Belgium, Dutch,.,.. just a word at max. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

In the British press... yes, but in the German, Belgium, Dutch,.,.. just a word at max. 

I was refering to Mr Barniers stance on fishing, Barnier/EU have always been keen to get a deal on fisheries, infact it was one of the EUs top priorities, if as some are saying that fishing is not an important issue, why are the EU making it one and want unlimited access to British fishing waters, I believe just lately that the EU has admitted that it has no rights to British waters, which would not have happened under Mrs Mays watch.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

A global player, who brings ONLY 50% of his headquarters to London, pure out of cost reduction.

They aren’t moving any operations or locations to London (if the shareholders agree to this). It’s purely a legal merger. There will be cost reductions (by not having to manage two entities and their intercompany transactions) but it won’t be what you would expect from actually merging operations. Their main objective isn’t cost-cutting but legal agility. 

Edited by welovesundaysatspace