CCSA to reconsider new version of ‘travel bubble’ scheme next week after rejecting initial proposal

snoop1130

2 hours ago, LEKPHUKET said:

This is the result of a country leaded by.

brainless puppets. Nobody is going on holiday to be in quarantine, when the new german is comming back why he not needs quarantine?

The basic of human rights is to be free to travel.

We are becomming the new North korea,our own kim is in europe at the moment.

Leaded?

2 hours ago, LEKPHUKET said:

This is the result of a country leaded by.

brainless puppets. Nobody is going on holiday to be in quarantine, when the new german is comming back why he not needs quarantine?

The basic of human rights is to be free to travel.

We are becomming the new North korea,our own kim is in europe at the moment.

Ah, and there you have it! Why would Germany be one of the bubble states? 

No tourist is going to consider spending money and coming on a holiday if that holiday has to be spent locked down in a quarantined facility.  All hotels and tourism related businesses are guaranteed to go bankrupt and close causing hundreds of thousands of Thais to lose their jobs and incomes.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, CM Dad said:

No tourist is going to consider spending money and coming on a holiday if that holiday has to be spent locked down in a quarantined facility.  All hotels and tourism related businesses are guaranteed to go bankrupt and close causing hundreds of thousands of Thais to lose their jobs and incomes.

It will be millions

• Like 2

As I said this before: Tourism with quarantine will NEVER work. EU country's knowing this and trying a different approach.

Lifting travel restriction with mandatory quarantine is a different matter, and has NOTHING to do with tourism.  Members here are mixing this up with long stays on tourist visa, which will serve them personally, but not the tourism industry as a whole.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Expat Tom said:

The whole thing is completely bizarre. Here is a reality check for the brilliant minds in Bangkok:

1) Citizens from countries with open societies and freedom of information that declare their true Wuhan Virus numbers will not be allowed into Thailand while those from China where the virus originated (Along with the Asian Virus, the Hong Kong Virus, SARS, Avian Virus, Swine Virus and the Wuhan Coronavirus) will be welcomed guests. ANYONE who believe ANYTHING that the CCP says is an idiot. Example, the CCP is admitting to about 100 new cases in Beijing while the government has taken over 7 major hotels with a capacity of 4000 people for quarantine ? Those number do not add up. I speak to a highly placed Chinese gentleman about 4 times a week. He works for a major Chinese news organization and is well aware of the true state of affairs in China. The "minds"in Bangkok are not.

2) I talk to Chinese people in China 7 days a week in my job. I ask everyone one of them if they will travel for their summer holiday. NOT ONE plans to travel outside of China. Many will not travel outside of their city or provence. The Chinese government does not want money flowing out of China now as their true unemployment rate is near 20% and 600,000 Chinese live below the poverty line. If anyone expects the "low dollar" mass Chinese tourism will rescue Thailand's tourism industry then they are sadly mistaken.

3) The countries mentioned in previous travel bubble schemes do not have enough population to greatly affect tourism. Australia has less about 1/3 the population of Thailand. New Zealand has the population of about 1/3 of Bangkok. Get real people.

4) The key to successful tourism in not in masses of tour bus Chinese on package deals that they payed for in China. The key is attracting tourists who will actually spend money here. Further, the biomass of millions of low dollar Chinese will contribute to disease, infrastructure degradation, resource depletion and pollution far greater than their economic contribution.      

I could write a few thousand more words but it would all be in vain. The elite in Bangkok will do what is best for themselves personally and not what is best for Thailand.

And it will be true.

The projected Covid19 cases for the Americas and Europe in the northern fall/winter period do not look promising. you can probably apply that to the whole northern hemisphere. Thailand should just effectively write off tourism for this year and work on how they can stimulate the economy domestically or they will end up becoming the next big casualty.

Also interesting to note that BKK Post has an article today about Thailand using this situation to reset to being a destination for wealthy tourists and to move away from backpackers and tour groups. So the usual kak about high quality tourists again. Not surprising seeing that they shot down travel bubbles on the same day.

• Sad 1

But note, strictly for business purposes with written proof of business from the Taiwanese company, so no destination for holiday makers

Not sure of the others but currently Australia wont let Australians other than Diplomats and Medical experts travel anywhere outside of Oz, but there is talk of a bubble between Oz and NZ that will be for holiday makers.

Qantas just grounded all flights until October so I'm guessing someone high up has whispered in their ear

3 minutes ago, steevjee said:

But note, strictly for business purposes with written proof of business from the Taiwanese company, so no destination for holiday makers

Not sure of the others but currently Australia wont let Australians other than Diplomats and Medical experts travel anywhere outside of Oz, but there is talk of a bubble between Oz and NZ that will be for holiday makers.

Qantas just grounded all flights until October so I'm guessing someone high up has whispered in their ear

Sure, but it's a start. If travel bubbles are agreed upon, then more could be allowed. The main point I wanted to make was that countries with high quality epidemic control did actually see Thailand as low risk and it could be possible to set up a travel bubble if the nations involved agreed upon it.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Not true

All plan and destination include medical coverage for COVID-19

https://www.axa.co.th/travel-accident-protection

It's true of most. I had a letter in April from my provider to say any holidays booked after March 30th will not cover Covid. 

It's great to see AXA still covering but what's their price compared to a normal one off policy of £30 to £40. Not that we have a choice as still no international flights, hotels, difficult to obtain a medical cert etc etc 

Edited by Patts

50 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

I just read an article in of the local rags(not going to mention which rag because I got a warning from a mod) that the newest strategy will be to target wealthy foreigners who will stay in one location for an extended period.  The article further stated the days of mass  tourism consisting of the likes of backpackers for Thailand is over????? Really??  This could be another sign that the leadership has no idea what they are doing?  July 1 is fast approaching and no indications what the new entrance policy for the masses will be.  

If one has to leave the country this year then have a backup plan to make it a one way trip.  

I had that one way trip planned for March 29 and the border closures on March 18th blocked me before I could flee back to Taiwan. Flight I got onto was 2 hours too late to board as EVA staff and service in BKK was useless. Now I am stuck waiting for Taiwan to let me back (unable to incorporate from outside the country) in our maybe Laos, but that would really be aided if the powers that be agreed to some kind of travel bubbles with nearby states who have dealt with the pandemic well. Seems like they may be using this horrible situation to get rid of those of us they deem unworthy to be here.

• Like 1