Tourists banned from first wave of ‘travel bubbles’, says Anutin

webfact

1 hour ago, dougiemac52 said:

Why a tourist visa . You can enter for 30 days without Tourist visa. I just want to get to see my wife

I was including visa exempt entries. 

It is possible (and makes sense) that after those with work permits and those with PR status that the next folk added to the " "list" would be those with current permission of stay. Unfortunately many will have expired POS. Last to be allowed to enter will be those that have tourist visas and visa exempt. Generally referred to as tourists. Keep in mind that most assume visa exempt entries will continue. I'm not so sure. 

Edited by DrJack54

18 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

"who can be easily tracked" sounds sinister, tracking wristbands possibly.

Why do you think they had you scanning the QR code when entering places, they can track you, it's on your phone. Doesn't matter if you signed out They got you the first time. GOTCHA!!!!! Nothing like that in the USA, the people knew better, they like to riot but some of them got caught on cameras that they didn't know about. GOT THEM another way! And the USA is trying to use facial recognition technology, airports will take your temp....come on their is a camera involved...... They do have it in at least Las Vegas everywhere, coming to a city near you!!!!

15 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Yes, it's early, but the disappearance of antibodies after 2-3 months has serious implications. It's not as if they miraculously reappear. Gone is gone.

Right now at least 100 companies and many govt orgs are working on a vaccine that this early study suggests will be essentially useless.

It may be that the treatment option, as with HIV, will be the way to go longer term. Of course that should excite Big Pharma to get to work on it, because there's more money to be made in treatment than cures.

There has NEVER been a vaccine that is successful for viruses for longer than a few months because viruses all mutate, each time it mutates they need a new vaccine. Big pharma and all the governments are playing us for fools over this, look for the ulterior motive which is bound to be money and control. It's about time people started waking up to this. I won't be holding my breath waiting though... ???? 

• Like 2

What should be good if Thailand keeps tourists away from Thailand as long as possible? Bravo! Keep it up, Thailand will not be able to put away the result of these incomprehensible decision. Wrong decisions show their effects always only afterwards, and this for a very very long time!

• Sad 1

Meanwhile, Anutin said he was ready to be injected with a prototype vaccine for Covid-19 as part of medical trials.

Several Thai research programmes are currently seeking a vaccine for the virus.

So  does he have the virus?

Or is he going to be exposed to it?

Unless they test for antibodies?

18 hours ago, SpanishExpat said:

European countries were forced to reopen, as they saw what a disaster it would have been for the intra-EU tourism sector without a summer travel peak-season.

I think you've forgotten that the peak travel season to Thailand is at the end of the year, not the European summer. Big difference. Get back to us in six months if no travel to Thailand is in place then.

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

We all knew that tourists would be at bottom of list. Perhaps those with marriage or retirement etc next added to list. Poblem is that by that time their extension/reentry permit most likely expired. Meaning many would require tourist visa

Exactly my problem. Non O multi based on marriage ( Savanakhet) expired just after I entered early January. 90 days, extended by 60 more. That's finished now too. So on amnesty I hope but then I'll have to leave. No idea when or how I will be able to come back.

My local IO say they cannot help with a 1 year extension because of insufficient information as to source of monthly funds  They say the amount is ok. The bank , BBL have by letter confirmed the account AND listed the variable  sums transferring in from UK, always adding up to  at least 40k. The IO say they want confirmation from the source ,  those paying in to my UK account. That's complicated as various sources, various amounts, not a simple monthly pension payment. IO suggested I put 400k in my Thai bank. I can't at the moment or any time before next year.

I see other posters at Chang Wattana and Jomtien are not asked for such extensive details.

Why is there no universal approach? Same at different consulates too, starting with no financials needed, rising to very different sums at different Consulates. Procedures too. I've just been comparing France and UK as I have a British passport but French residency.

Driving me and wife crazy.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, zyphodb said:

There has NEVER been a vaccine that is successful for viruses for longer than a few months because viruses all mutate, each time it mutates they need a new vaccine. Big pharma and all the governments are playing us for fools over this, look for the ulterior motive which is bound to be money and control. It's about time people started waking up to this. I won't be holding my breath waiting though... ???? 

There are effective vaccines for polio, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, smallpox etc. All viral diseases..

But you are right,  there has never been a successful vaccine for a CORONAVIRUS in humans (only in cats)

Only smallpox has been eradicated so far.. it took more than 10 years after a global vaccination program was started.

The quickest vaccine development was 4 years so far..

What makes anyone believe that we can find an effective vaccine for coronavirus this time and 4 times faster than the current record?

• Like 1

"Meanwhile, Anutin said he was ready to be injected with a prototype vaccine for Covid-19 as part of medical trials."

That's brave. At least he won't have to worry about brain damage as a potential side effect.

7 hours ago, mstevens said:

New Zealand does not have a travel ban and New Zealanders are free to leave the country as they please. New Zealanders have never been banned from travelling. There are some problems though for NZers who wish to travel. The first problem is that there aren't that many flights leaving. Second, they have to go through a mandatory 14 day quarantine on return to New Zealand.

The 14 day quarantine on return ensures pretty much that only retired, rich or self-employed will be able to travel. 

Most employees won't be able to add 14 days of staying home after their holidays 

I think most here on Thai Visa would agree Tourists will be last on the list of arrivals

They have enough problems with their own people arriving here in Kingdom then put in quarantine with Corovirus coming from the UK as well

So any hope of tourists coming is months away 

November at the earliest if sooner then better

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Billy Bloggs said:

From overseas and quarantined

They were only in quarantine for few days. Had "compassionate grounds" to leave quarantine. Huge stuff up by NZ. 

AU has cluster in Victoria. If 2 counties had the most easy bubble it would be those 2. No land borders etc. Now that seems long way off. 

11 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Was in Cambodia in March, Siem Reap didn't see many Chinese, was in Phnom Penh last year didn't see many Chinese.

Vietnam had Chinese, but they were not the majority, more Korean and western tourists.

But then I'm hanging out in bar and backpacker areas.

Phnom Penh is full of Chinese mate, you even see them drinking in barang bars and areas now.

A couple of the bars in St. 104 were full of them when I was there back in March.

They have all the major infrastructure and construction projects, so there's plenty of them about. 

PP was the best kept secret in Asia from about 1998 to 2008 before the spillover from Pattaya turned up.

• Like 1

Not really concerned about the economy, or Thai people , the Thai Govt (Globalist ) agenda is transfer of wealth across to main oligarch ( inherited ) owned business , this has already occurred , and is suitable for Thai billionaires , then destruction of small business under the lockdown strategy - this is ongoing, by making ridiculous travel bubbles ??? which is restraint of business in favour of big business, followed up by increased surveillance under the guise of the percieved threat of an already discredited COVID1984 strategy. The following of the untested vaccine path strategy reveals it is in collusion with US in pursuing what is no longer required, to enable further control measures on the public.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Hubble , bubble , toil and trouble as far as tourists bubbles go then .. 

Try a rabies one first .. might stop the distemper when he opens his gob .. 

18 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

yes please, it can only get better...

Thailand is no longer one fantastic privilege place to visit or stay. For the 10 years I lived in Thailand the constant conversation on TV was about overstayers. If you happened to be one, it was a fate worse than death. Thailand as far as I'm concerned is no big deal. To implement restrictions for this and that just gets on my nerves. I do agree it's personal choice and 3 months per year on business trips is enough for me. Now Living on a beautiful island, without all that visa <deleted> and women in abundance. I believe I have found my Nirvana. I like occasionally making the odd comments on TV and reading other expats day-to-day experiences. I hate confrontational comments from eejit's  as if we have to abide by all rules and regulations implemented on tourists at the drop of a hat. Rant over have a nice day ......

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ScotBkk said:

Thailand is no longer one fantastic privilege place to visit or stay. For the 10 years I lived in Thailand the constant conversation on TV was about overstayers. If you happened to be one, it was a fate worse than death. Thailand as far as I'm concerned is no big deal. To implement restrictions for this and that just gets on my nerves. I do agree it's personal choice and 3 months per year on business trips is enough for me. Now Living on a beautiful island, without all that visa <deleted> and women in abundance. I believe I have found my Nirvana. I like occasionally making the odd comments on TV and reading other expats day-to-day experiences. I hate confrontational comments from eejit's  as if we have to abide by all rules and regulations implemented on tourists at the drop of a hat. Rant over have a nice day ......

Just interesting, what is name of that paradise island ?

3 hours ago, petedk said:

That's all they talk about.

It's imperative for the government to be able to track us. The idea of a special sim card didn't work, TM30 didn't work, and all the other suggestions they came up with didn't work, but now they have the apps.

We will all be safe now as they will know exactly where we are and when.

Unless of course you leave the phone at home (turned on) when you go out.

• Like 1

Does anyone know when the Thai border will be open for  Retirement Visa holders who are stranded overseas to return to Thailand?

In my case my Thai Retirement Visa will expire within a month and i cannot return but hoping long term Visa holders can return soon.

Interested to hear from others in the same situation.