Fast-acting Thailand and South Korea hold key to dodging 'second wave'

webfact

3 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

Do you ever wonder why pretty much nobody talks about Thailand's COVID response other than Thailand and people with vested interests in Thailand?

Well, the 2 Japanese authors of the OP were talking about Thailand's (and South Korean) response

and the source wasn't a Thai news outlet.

Damn I broke my rule.....

3 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

So you post an excerpt from a Thai site praising Thailands COVID response meant for Thai people, and you did so in reply to my post asking you why nobody talks about Thailands COVID response other than Thai people. 

If it's meant for Thai people, why is it written in English?

2 hours ago, connda said:

The Second Wave.  You mean the boogie-man story created by the same people who locked their citizens down and then repeated incessantly by the mainstream propaganda networks in order to continue to cow their populace into submission.  That Second Wave?

Right now the Ministry of Creative Narratives could roll chicken bones on the ground, wave a amulet over them, mumbles some Pali, and the Second Wave will be averted. 

But a scientific solution is what the doctor ordered though.  So what will be forwarded as a solution to the public will be the scientific communities equivalent of rolling chicken bones on the ground, waving a amulet over them, mumbling some Pali over them after which with much fanfare, photo-ops, and mass media attention and hyperbole, Thailand's success at averting the dreaded Second Wave will be celebrated.

What everyone misses during the exercise in smoke and mirrors is that the real objective here is to force every single human on the planet to submit to having a vial full of untested chemicals injected into their bodies which they will pay for. After which the entire world's population will need to submit to a schedule of yearly vaccinations to "keep humanity safe from disease."  Literally trillions of dollar of potential revenues are wrapped up in forced vaccination programs and those who make them will be totally indemnified for any damage created by the untested, "fast-tracked" drugs.  That's where this is heading.  Everything else is theatre. 

Unfortunately this seems to be correct.

At the beginning we got told to “shelter in place” to “flatten the curve”, to avoid overloading the hospitals. That was easy to understand. Then the hospitals stayed empty almost everywhere, and when that became too obvious to ignore, the message changed silently to “Shelter in place until there’s a vaccine”, and virus expert Bill Gates showed up everywhere and repeated that message.

So it seems you’re correct.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

Not sure who is boasting, Thai visa copy and paste an article written by a

couple of Japanese people showing a graph reflecting infection rates following

the decision to impose restrictions on the general population.

Bash away to your heart's content but try to do so where relevant.

Ok then. And that case my first choices for the Thai visa people copying a Japanese article. Look on the bright side. It's not Thai people claiming cure for Ebola again.

6 hours ago, Sharp said:

0.18% world wide mortality rate <deleted>....

A Flu season was around this 3 years ago... 

Not withstanding the asymptomatic 

PLANDEMIC 

Oh yeah.... flu..... plandemic the conspiracy theorists have been let out again. 
Infowars and Breitbart have their place, but not in the real world

Edited by Fairynuff
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MadMac said:

A new wave of fear is pushed, particularly from US and big finance since last week. One should ask himself for the agenda of this narrative or simpler, what should be covered up. I'd not be surprised if this is the prelude of the second leg of the big crash incoming.

Yes, I’m worried about that too. 

I hope it is just the games they play to win the coming US election, but it might be more.

14 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

If you really break it down, it has nothing to do with more testing, as the misleader likes to say. It is more about morbid obesity, high levels of diabetes, high levels of heart disease, hin levels of cancer, and generally poor health amongst the masses. The diet in most of the US is dreadful. There are some more progressive cities, where more is known about nutrition. But in most of the nation, fast food, processed flour, fried foods, lots and lots of processed meat, and lots and lots of sugar rules the day, along with little to no exercise. It is no wonder.

Exactly! Easy victims.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Difficult to tell how Thailand is doing without mass testing and a comparison of deaths above the average during the pandemic period. Hospitals don't seem overun but that could be because people are avoiding them  due to fears of hospitals being wuhan flu hotspots. Second waves seem to occur at markets and slaughter houses and where people are crammed together

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ryanb741 said:

This virus is more deadly than flu but it isn't airborne ebola either. If it helps, overall Infection Fatality Rate (IFR) is around 0.2-0.4% and heavily skewed towards the over 65s. The post earlier indicating a 5.4% fatality rate doesn't take into account the fact that the vast majority of Covid cases aren't recorded. 

Yes, but 5.4% sounds scarier and therefore scaremongers prefer to use it, knowing that it is wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

yeah .... just open everything up ... just let Wuhan and Beijing folk travel wherever they want. 

There's no virus ...it's just a made up story. 

So finally you found the truth ?

Impressive.

With a false positive rate of only 1% you will always have this continuing !

Testing 100,000 people will always result in 1,000 cases ! Built into the test !!!

... which is always more than 0.5% ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, brain150 said:

With a false positive rate of only 1% you will always have this continuing !

Testing 100,000 people will always result in 1,000 cases ! Built into the test !!!

... which is always more than 0.5% ????

Even the Nobel price winner who invented the system used in the PCR test is saying that it should not get used for such tests.

But why listen to the Nobel price winner who also invented the system.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Yes, but 5.4% sounds scarier and therefore scaremongers prefer to use it, knowing that it is wrong.

Exactly, clearly many people like to live in fear and want to make sure others will follow their paranoia.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Traubert said:

Give it rest mate.

You cant catch a road accident off the person standing next to you.

So?A death is still a death.

You can be killed by someone driving recklessly, what's the difference?

Edited by Anton9
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

Yinn, Thailand has done an exceptional job in keeping the COVID-19 virus transmission rate as low as possible. Full credit goes to our Khun Prayut Chan O Cha for his strategic enforcement and timely suppression of the border entry points and airport lockdowns.

Khun Prayut has implemented all the correct procedures and policies to assist in zero to minimal infection rates. I don't listen to the farang nayers, some posters don't even live in Thailand, they just want to moan & whinge because it's like taking medicine ...they feel better after their rant.  lol

Soon as I read the first line of your post, I knew who had written it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Give it rest mate.

You cant catch a road accident off the person standing next to you.

No you can't, but you can sure a hell be killed by the idiot driving next to you and I see more cars on the road than I stand next to people

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, sahibji said:

thailand sure has done a good job of the covid-19 and must be congratulated for their efforts. do not let the guard down,however, to avoid second wave of infections.

What absolute <deleted>. Vietnam.is top.of list. And moving forward with the economy..Thai gov a joke.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1