Trump opposed to removing Theodore Roosevelt's statue from outside Museum of Natural History

webfact

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Looks like Madame Tussauds wax museum statues of all those people consider to be racist will have to be melted down because of this whole snowflake woke movement.  Looks like another business will fold.....so sad

Social distancing and prebooking will kill those type of places anyway.

12 hours ago, kotsak said:

Next will be stop calling stuffed bear toys as Teddy Bears..

Well, they banned Gollywogs. Andy Pandy was a misogynist, and cruel to Teddy. Zerbee highly controversial, Nogin the Nog a pagan, and Captain Pugwash was a potential slaver with his all white pirate crew.

Of course, please remember racism cannot apply to anything anti white. That's understandably caused by white oppression and white privilege. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I can see why this statue needs to be removed, white man on a horse and below an Arican and a native American.

Looks to me like they are marching with him. He was the leader! No matter what his color the leader should/would be above, front and center. Roosevelt was very much an abolitionist and abhorred slavery. Let's just modify it and put the Indian and blackman on a horse. It won't matter how you change it, people will have their own interpretation. Leave the statue alone.

• Like 2

I'm against removing it too. History is unchangeable. Should focus on the present and shaping the future. How fragile, shallow and "pussified" the world today. :post-4641-1156693976:

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Isn't he on the side of a mountain with other slave owners? Lot of high schools and roads need to be renamed too. American currency is doomed to be redesigned.

Quite so.

Coming soon, The Assault on Mt.Rushmore.

It will be to Anglo-Saxon America what Masada was to the Zealots... their last stand.

• Like 1

Next they'll be reinforcing the bleat, that even the horse itself was caste beneath him! 

If they did modify to show the others on a horse too

- they'll say it shows the 2 horses were stolen... 

1 hour ago, scoutman360 said:

Racism was a GLOBAL phenomenon throughout history. All countries were racists (and some still are). People who think it is only a white characteristic or due to white privilege didn't learn history or know that white slaves continued to be traded in Africa and others continued long after it was abolished in the U.S. The real sickness is the ignorance of the radical mob who want to erase history, rather than learn it, and be educated upon it, and be reminded of it. 

Racism does continue to persist in some countries but there are not many racist leaders who got their reputation from things they say and do. Unfortunately Trump is in this infamous list which include Netanyahu, Putin, Kim, Mugabe and the 2WW villain.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, this statue always seemd offensive when I walked past it. It represents many of the horrible things we did.

I'm with Ben Stiller, replace it with a statue of Robin Williams.

From the American Museum of Natural History.

The meaning of a monument...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Well, they banned Gollywogs. Andy Pandy was a misogynist, and cruel to Teddy. Zerbee highly controversial, Nogin the Nog a pagan, and Captain Pugwash was a potential slaver with his all white pirate crew.

Of course, please remember racism cannot apply to anything anti white. That's understandably caused by white oppression and white privilege. 

I remember many years ago an incident that happened whilst I was holidaying in Cleethorpes, a man beat his wife with a wooden pole about the head, nobody intervened. A while later a policeman who was passing tried to break up the melee and he himself was set upon by the man and beaten senseless, nobody tried to help, infact some actually laughed. The final straw was when the crocodile ate all the sausages.

• Haha 2

On 6/23/2020 at 5:53 AM, tribalfusion001 said:

I can see why this statue needs to be removed, white man on a horse and below an Arican and a native American.

Instead of whining about what happened before, the statues can be seen as an accolade to how society has advanced.

Since everyone seems to be complaining about history, let's ask the black protestors if they'd like to return to their ancestral homes in Ghana, Ivory Coast, NIgeria and Cameroon (among others). In those countries black lives don't matter at all as many are slaughtered by their own people in the most horrific ways. If I compare present day West Africa to present day USA, I know where I'd rather be. Just the fact that all these people have time and resources to enable them to waste all this time protesting all day and night shows just how good things are. They don't have to slave away trying to make a living - it's all comes on a plate in the form of government handouts.

While we're at it, we should also ask the white protestors if they'd like to return to Europe. Even the whites all over Europe in most countries went through incredibly barbarous times to arrive at the present. 

Once they have torn down every statue, they can burn down all public libraries and remove all record of history lest someone take offense to something that happened in the past.  

Edited by JensenZ