Sent packing: 14 year stay in Thailand is up for German pensioner on 2,241 day overstay

webfact

5 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Has he got to wait until September before he can get a flight home?  

Well,..he will be housed at the expense of the Thai Government !!

He will have a taste of Thai hospitality in the Bangkok Hilton !

2 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

It has just occurred to me that there may be more of such "catches".

Bearing in mind that under the said terms of the amnesty for foreign presence that Immigration would be "automatically" updating/validating  etc. things such as  90 day, TM 30, and in whatever way making temporary extensions to all eligible visa's.

With the absence of the usual people coming through Immigration Office doors it would have allowed time and staff to work through  all existing files of foreigners to do that. As part of it it  is it not possible that due to the integration of the system that some files come up as a void/ invalid presence?

So maybe the "snitch" was the system  rather than a person?

Nah they have been sitting on their fat ârses doing sweet FA

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

The general consensus on TVF seems to be to kick all foreigners out of their home Country , but retired felangs should be allowed to stay in Thailand visa free for as long as they like

The comparison between first world countries with welfare states and free health and third world $#######$ is moronic

Every foreigner who lives here has to support themselves, there are ZER0 handouts, comprende?

Edited by Canuck1966
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, overt2016 said:

So a country with convicted drug runners as mp's a proven corrupt police force

must uphold some laws. 

Exactly you have the virtue signallers on here talking about Thai LAW ????

If it wasn't so serious it would be funny

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Has he got to wait until September before he can get a flight home?  

Yeah, but his new accommodations while waiting are gonna' suck.

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

The general consensus on TVF seems to be to kick all foreigners out of their home Country , but retired felangs should be allowed to stay in Thailand visa free for as long as they like

Well ... I have absolutely no problem with any illegal immigrants in my  'western' super rich birth country. As long as they do not hurt anyone.  They generally take all the <deleted>ty jobs that none wants and work very hard.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rvaviator said:

Well ... I have absolutely no problem with any illegal immigrants in my  'western' super rich birth country. As long as they do not hurt anyone.  They generally take all the <deleted>ty jobs that none wants and work very hard.  

Sure. But there are others too who try to survive committing crimes. Often they are not used to care much about laws. They didn't have them in their home countries. Or they didn't care there already. Often they have nothing and so don't have much to lose. 

7 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Why are you asking? Do you want to grass them up? If they are not harming anyone, and contributing to the Thai economy, then the best of luck to them.

It is the illegal workers, and fugitives from other countries that I object to, not these harmless old men.

Just try to keep your head down and try not to bring attention to yourself and remove your location from your avatar 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Anti immigrant immigrants are strange beasts. 

Somehow sticking circa $25k in the bank to effectively stay forever is such a hardship. 

11 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

It is the illegal workers, and fugitives from other countries that I object to, not these harmless old men.

Confuses me a bit. In the end he even behaves worse than a fugitive. A fugitive is still legal but he is illegal. 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Pathum Thani immigration and the tourist police went to a housing estate in the Lamlukka area

He must have shopped at Big C Khlong 4 or Tesco Lotus. I've never seen him at Big C khlong 5. ????

Good Luck with your life neighbor. I probably won't be here when/if you come back.

5 hours ago, Oldie said:

How many are left? Does anyone know a number of people who are still hiding here? 

Stadtler is hiding in plain sight.  See if you can find him.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

To all the posters who go on like pork chops every time a long term overstayer gets located, what's your solution?

Give them special dispensation to stay forever, without meeting current visa conditions? Allow them to stay on the basis they got away with it for a long time and aren't hurting anyone?  Scrap visas altogether to allow anyone on the planet to enter and stay forever? 

Why is Thailand and the IO always the bad guys and not the law breaker? Perhaps some of these long termers hiding out in the remote countryside have good reason to stay away from their home country. You have no way of knowing.

Foreigners married to a Thai should get a settlement visa with no financial proof. Family reunification is a basic human right, granted in all civilized countries.

Did you ever ask yourself why a foreign woman married to a Thai man can reside in the country without any financial proof and can be naturalized as a Thai after one year without ever having worked in the country?

Gender equality is granted in Thai constitution but not respected by immigration laws.

Retirees are just tourists in most countries, unless they make huge investments and get a golden visa for the country they live in.

11 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

You should be allowed to stay anywhere in the world you like, as long as you're contributing to the economy and aren't doing things illegally. People think it's "their" country, as if they owned part of it. They were born there, and we came here. Both belong. America lets most anyone in, as long as you can pay your way. Yes, it's backfired some times with terrorists, but that happens everywhere anyway, which brings me back to my first sentence. That man paid a lot of money to live here, and only got away with not paying for the 90 day stamps. There are a lot of people here that aren't contributing but taking by illegal means, and quite a few are officials.

It's funny in Germany the derogatory term is "people with migration background", as if every German, if you look back far enough, does not have a migration background. 

Still, if the territory can not handle more migrants, people have a right to protect themselves. This does not seem to be the case with Thailand, a large territory with a small population. Still one has to accept Thais have a greater claim to the land, and if they want to make such rules, it's up to them. Unless of course we ever invade and impose special rules, as the British did in China.

Or we could do what Israelis did, buy up the land and bring in our German brothers, then claim Thailand for ourselves. One just has to be creative.

8 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Confuses me a bit. In the end he even behaves worse than a fugitive. A fugitive is still legal but he is illegal. 

You are the first one to call a fugitive legal.

As it is by definition an escapee from legal prosecution.

Sent packing: 14 year stay in Thailand is up for German pensioner on 2,241 day overstay. 

Probable was sick of 90 day reports an extensions and the cost and the running around. 

But that's No excuse , one has got to to what one has to do to be Legal in LOS  :wai:

4 minutes ago, Stadtler said:

Stadtler is hiding in plain sight.  See if you can find him.

Stadtler, you should be careful. If I look at your avatar picture - there are not many people looking like this. Joined April 23 this year. In the middle of the Corona crises. Highly suspicious!!! 

4 minutes ago, CLS said:

Foreigners married to a Thai should get a settlement visa with no financial proof. Family reunification is a basic human right, granted in all civilized countries.

Did you ever ask yourself why a foreign woman married to a Thai man can reside in the country without any financial proof and can be naturalized as a Thai after one year without ever having worked in the country?

Gender equality is granted in Thai constitution but not respected by immigration laws.

Retirees are just tourists in most countries, unless they make huge investments and get a golden visa for the country they live in.

And why we have to being in a minimum of 40k while the average Thai makes under 12k. If they can live and survive with what they make, so can we. There is no legitimate reason.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

They do.

Yes they do, have you read the criteria, whereas my Thai wife received permanent residency in Australia immediately being married to an Ozzie, she was put on a temporary residence visa with full access to Medicare, could work, and then after 2 years became a permanent resident by just being there, then 2 years after that applied for Australian Citizenship by doing a simple test.

Huge different to this world class country, who treat farangs like criminals, but will glady allow them to extend their stays, as long as they keep spending in Thailand, and as long as they keep filing TM30's and their 90 reporting, then the big annual BS, I suppose I should be grateful for the privilege ?

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Why?  What difference does it make, do you want to support him and other illegals like him?

There is a big difference being an illegal in this country and being an illegal in the UK, this German guy was not sponging off the system, he was paying his way, not getting free housing etc. like the illegals in the UK.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, possum1931 said:
4 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Why?  What difference does it make, do you want to support him and other illegals like him?

There is a big difference being an illegal in this country and being an illegal in the UK, this German guy was not sponging off the system, he was paying his way, not getting free housing etc. like the illegals in the UK.

What are you telling me for, I didn't comment about "sponging illegals" in the UK, did I?   But, as you brought it up, it does seem as though you think that some illegal immigrants are less illegal than other illegal immigrants breaking the same laws.  Odd.

"...this German guy was not sponging off the system, he was paying his way..."

You must know this German, how was he "paying his way", as you put it, even though that's not the issue here?

Edited by Bob A Kneale

55 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Nonsense, why does he behave worse than a fugitive, according to reports he was a good citizen, and never committed any crimes, a fugitive is a criminal hiding from the law in another country.

• Haha 1