Knifeman kills two in Glasgow before being shot by police - BBC

rooster59

37 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I noticed the masks after looking at her bikini top. Pointless wearing masks on a beach anyway.

I've seen people walking down empty streets near my house (empty enough they may pass someone every 3-5 minutes). Some people are sheep who don't think.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Maybole said:

I am speculating, there is a substantial christian minority in Sudan which is subject to discrimination. Did he come from them ?

Good point. However, his name is Badreddin Abadlla Adam, so would assume Muslim. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I just wet to BBC news homepage.

It's very interesting that this story is nowhere to be found on the homepage, it's buried away in Scottish news. The only thing that seems to interest BBC editors is a surge in C19 cases in the US Sunbelt.

I guess who cares about your own citizens getting stabbed in broad daylight and a policeman being critically injured when you can whine on about something in the US!

I'm a full fledged Anglophile, grew up as a kid listening to the BBC World Service on shortwave in my bedroom. Saddens me to see what has become of something once wonderful, that probably helped make me the man I became

As you have acknowledged BBC is worldwide news coverage. I checked your claim. When I typed in BBC via Google then clicked UK, Glasgow and Reading stabbings are currently covered, 

https://www.google.com/search?q=bbc+news&oq=bbc&aqs=chrome.0.35i39j69i57j0l2j46j0l3.1541j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edited by simple1

7 hours ago, torturedsole said:

You couldn't make it up.  The law tacitly encouraging lawlessness with their ingrained left wing bias and now getting regular beatings on the streets of London because they're too liberal and weak-kneed to react to the threat.  The police now run away from protesters rather than confront them.  

I've been watching the videos this week and, quite frankly, I'm embarrassed by our police force.  

The law has a left wing bias and the police is too liberal.

Only the far, far right can come with something like this.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Off topic deflection posts and replies have been removed. 

A post containing content that was copy and pasted from some sites has been removed as well as the replies.  Please provide a valid link to the source of information when posting:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

15) Any links posted must lead to the website the link indicates. Links that are misleading or direct to a site different than the one indicated are not allowed.

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

maybe he's using American political ideology tags? i.e. 'liberal' equals left wing.

19 minutes ago, stevenl said:

and only an antifa supporter could make such an extreme and generalised statement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kingdong said:

and only an antifa supporter could make such an extreme and generalised statement.

My post was a generalised statement in reply to an extreme and generalised statement. 'The law has a left wing bias and police is liberal' is so far off, beyond comprehension.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, stevenl said:

My post was a generalised statement in reply to an extreme and generalised statement. 'The law has a left wing bias and police is liberal' is so far off, beyond comprehension.

Ideology and politics are becoming far right and far left, no middle ground these days. This forum is no different to comments on UK online papers, the silent majority don't really care. 2020 is shaping up to be a battleground and entrenched positions, old ideas vs new ideas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Ideology and politics are becoming far right and far left, no middle ground these days. This forum is no different to comments on UK online papers, the silent majority don't really care. 2020 is shaping up to be a battleground and entrenched positions, old ideas vs new ideas.

We will see in the next round of national elections in Western countries.  So long as their efforts for opposition voter suppression are not successful, IMO left / right political extremists are gradually on the way out, the majority of people are over their divisiveness and negativity.  

Edited by simple1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Didn't realize blm and Antifa were gone.

Political extremists in both movements are relatively small and IMO don't have a platform sufficient to effect national elections. Of course you don't mention right wing extremist groups - lol - better stop here as going off topic.

Edited by simple1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Opl said:

can us pensioners have a legal challenge for more money during lockdown ,as there is a "support gap" silly me ,we only paid in all our lives for it ,should have jumped off a boat at the coast.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Yep, this is the homepage I see as of 15:00 Mountain Daylight Time. The stabbings are buried in UK/Scotland news 

Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 3.11.33 PM.png

Maybe because it happened in UK/Scotland ? The BBC isn't quite your Arizona Daily Sun after all.

Just a thought.

Edited by NanLaew

12 hours ago, Maybole said:

The assailant who died was a Somali from Sudan who had spent a long time in custody and who had just been told he was to be deported.

Not all refugees are in the same boat so to speak.

"Fellow hotel guests said they had passed on their concerns about the suspect after he began behaving erratically. It is believed that his application for voluntary return had been stalled by the coronavirus pandemic."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/27/glasgow-hotel-attack-stabbing-suspect-park-inn-mental-health

So maybe he didn't want to stay here, having three meals a day in free accommodation after all.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, roo860 said:

https://twitter.com/Holbornlolz/status/1276878761766588423?s=09

The guy in the video could get a job sweeping chimneys!

They must know something of the Hospitality Industry in Yemen we would miss not to learn of when accomodating asylum seekers from the region, frankly this is enlightning   

Edited by Opl
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Opl said:

They must know something of the Hospitality Industry in Yemen we would miss not to learn of when accomodating asylum seekers from the region, frankly this is enlightning   

No it's not, it's someone's copy & paste of someone else's re-Tweeted Tweet.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1