has the lock-down turned you into a hermit

opalred

I'm partially a hermit anyway, happy to eat in my condo and just visit my GF for a couple of days a week. I can do without eating in a restaurant with some spoilt little brat screaming its head off a couple of tables away. Perhaps I frighten them.

I'm actually fitter doing exercise programs from YouTube every day. Golf alone ( mostly ) and swim alone. Down below 90 Kg for the first time in many years.

• Like 2

I've got two groups of mates from my undergraduate and postgraduate days back in the UK, but because I've mostly lived and worked overseas we've never been able to get together for a reunion, the dates have never worked out for me. Someone from my postgrad days suggested a Zoom conference and that went really well, we had around 18 out of 24 people attend and it was great to see everybody again. We've now made that a monthly event, and I'm hoping I can motivate the guys from my undergraduate days to do something similar. So something positive's come out of it for me, I'm back in regular touch with a bunch of great people and it's much easier than trying to get us all to agree on a specific date when we could physically meet up in London. It's a lot cheaper, too!

• Like 1

Yes. I have my Bangkok Post online and my food delivered at lunchtime. My coffee is made with just boiled water and not from one of those constant nearly hot water machines. 1.5 litres of water is cheaper than a 600mm bottle bought from a cafe. No second hand smoke and no longer have to listen to farangs complaining. Above all saving loads of money so will continue to self quarantine and take my ex wife and daughter out for a good dinner twice a month and still be better off. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JWRC said:

I prefer eating at home anyhow and am quite happy and contented with my own company. What I am finding is that the thought of having to go shopping is something I keep putting off, I did a big shop in March so haven't had the need to go anywhere, now I am running out of things, I just can't seem to  make myself go to the shops. Wearing a mask is difficult for me as I can't seem to get enough air, but it's not so much that, as I don't want to go out. In fact now I stop and think about it I wouldn't really care if I never had to go out again.

I never cover my nose when wearing a mask and no one will ever make me, I feel very uncomfortable wearing a mask also, and we all need our noses to breath.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Agree with @Lacessit, no trouble being a hermit. We rarely went out to restaurants as the food was just as good or better at home. Only a few friends locally but can still see them when we want.

2+ rai of fruit trees, vegetables and lawns keep us busy. Very little has changed except we missed our yearly visit to Oz.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JWRC said:

...it's not so much that, as I don't want to go out. In fact now I stop and think about it I wouldn't really care if I never had to go out again.

I'm feeling the same, peaceful. It will be a giant adjustment to go 'out there'. Nothing I really want to do 'outside'. Are we in denial??? Or feeling all Suu Kyi?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I'm partially a hermit anyway, happy to eat in my condo and just visit my GF for a couple of days a week. I can do without eating in a restaurant with some spoilt little brat screaming its head off a couple of tables away. Perhaps I frighten them.

I'm actually fitter doing exercise programs from YouTube every day. Golf alone ( mostly ) and swim alone. Down below 90 Kg for the first time in many years.

"I can do without eating in a restaurant with some spoilt little brat screaming its head off a couple of tables away."

There's only one restaurant in your neighborhood? 

It’s ok .... mask worn in market (makes my head sweat) it’s too small so I’ll need to upgrade to fathead..... school starting will

e great. Nephews 10-12 here 24/7 gets a bit much. If just one it’s ok but together their the break thing brigade... not house trained

7 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

It’s ok .... mask worn in market (makes my head sweat) it’s too small so I’ll need to upgrade to fathead..... school starting will

e great. Nephews 10-12 here 24/7 gets a bit much. If just one it’s ok but together their the break thing brigade... not house trained

Whose house is it?

If it is any part yours, then stand your ground.

Make and enforce some rules.

• Haha 1

Here is what we call COMMON SENSE folks... You know that thing that is obvious before you, that EVERYONE can, if they do it, recognize it. That thing we call THE TRUTH. 

Stop listening to the now defunct mainstream media and do some of your OWN observations. 

Let's keep it real simple shall we, the more you test for something, the more numbers you will have. Thailand's numbers are low because they are not testing in large amounts. America is testing nearly everyone. Places like Sweden's numbers are low, they are not testing everyone. Consider this... as we approach the next influenza A and B season, we could simply test EVERYONE and create a pandemic. That's right the regular flu can easily be called a WORLD-WIDE pandemic.

If I wanted to create a real pandemic, I would test for Herpes... now you've got a real WORLD-WIDE pandemic. Nearly 60% of the global population has that virus. Admittedly not as deadly... but you get the point.  Here is the real take away folks...

THERE IS NO EMERGENCY... And it has been this way from the beginning. Thailand didn't lock down for 2 months, and was receiving direct persons from throughout China... and NO EMERGENCY. Go to any hospital anywhere on this planet... that's right, NO EMERGENCY. And when there is no REAL emergency happening, you have to ask yourself why are our governments locking us down?

• Confused 1