'Fit as a butcher's dog', UK PM does press ups to show coronavirus recovery

webfact

'Fit as a butcher's dog', UK PM does press ups to show coronavirus recovery

2020-06-28T123405Z_1_LYNXMPEG5R0B2_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-BRITAIN-JOHNSON.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Britain's Prime Minister Boris Johnson leaves Downing Street in London, Britain, June 24, 2020. REUTERS/John Sibley/File Photo

LONDON (Reuters) - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson did some press ups to show he was "as fit as a butcher's dog" in an interview with the Mail on Sunday newspaper, just months after he fought for his life in hospital against the coronavirus.

Johnson, well known for staging eye-catching stunts during the campaign to leave the European Union and as London's mayor, used the interview to unveil plans to spend on infrastructure to help Britain "bounce back" after the coronavirus lockdown.

But the British leader was also keen to show he was returned to health after being in intensive care in April after testing positive for the coronavirus, a stay he described shortly afterwards as one which "could have gone either way".

"I'm as fit as a butcher's dog now," Johnson said, and after asking: "Do you want me to do some press-ups to show you how fit I am?", the prime minister, dressed in a shirt and tie, then got on the floor to complete some press ups.

"The country is going to bounce forward, and I certainly feel full of beans. Never felt better."

(Reporting by Elizabeth Piper; Editing by Alison Williams)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-06-29

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Card said:

He's a buffoon in the style of trump. He will give into the EU demands eventually. He's a reversable weakling, always U-turning. He tries to sound strong like Churchill, pathetic to see on TV. Talks a load of generalised, fake bs throwing his chubby arms around as if to convince you knuckle draggers that he actually means what he says. It's all an act. Can't wait for PM Starmer.

What is a "knuckle dragger", as it seems you are referring to me...? ????

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chilli42 said:

Fit?  That man is a stroke waiting to happen.

And you are a copy of "David", I bet.....But beware, there are some statue destroyers out there that might get confused.....????............????

and his latest comments says it all, he/himself and he's gang of nerdy's are the ones who screwed things up but his going to play the blaming game....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/absolute-nightmare-boris-johnson-coronavirus-082052446.html

The prime minister, speaking to Times Radio, also suggested an investigation should take place into the UK’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic, but said now “was not the right time”.

2 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Currently I'm in my house in Limerick ????

As I thought; Ranting at the neighbours from what Bercow called 'a sedentary position????

(It happens to me too but my trigger is Piers Morgan on GMB ???? )

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I would have thought the ability to do mental press-ups would be a more desirable attribute for the leader of a country.

Verbal back flips and leaps of logic are more his style.

Edited by samran