Whats going on with NON-O multi

hi guys,

So i keep hearing things about this travel limitations or bubble thing or numbers who can visit thailand or enter the kingdom... or likewise

So if i have a work permit and non-o multi visa, after july, i cannot go to laos and get a new visa? Also they say if i can get a visa most likely i have to stay 14 days in quarantine at a hotel room selected by the government... plus this corona insurance and corona free certificate from a hospital not more than 72 hrs seems to be for real. Its for sure there will be no TR visa for a really long time for europe or america.

Basically can someone explain me what are these numbers who can enter the kingdom (22.000 / 2000 / 100 thing)?  What is this bubble thing? 

Am a wrong or there is no chance to get a non-o multi for at least 2-3 months even the borders are open after july?

thanks

• Confused 2

It is unknown when the border crossing will open again and what the requirements will be then.

If the borders open to Laos there is no reason at this time you could not apply for a multiple entry non-o visa at the consulate in Savannakhet.

There are no bubbles yet.

Travel bubbles do not yet exist. Countries in the region that are Covid-19 free have decided to protect their citizens against reentry of the virus into Thailand by the use of strict border controls. The concept of a travel bubble is that bilateral agreements would be made between two countries that are Covid-19 free to allow much easier travel between those countries. It is unknown at the current time if travel bubbles will become a reality and, if so, when.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is unknown when the border crossing will open again and what the requirements will be then.

If the borders open to Laos there is no reason at this time you could not apply for a multiple entry non-o visa at the consulate in Savannakhet.

There are no bubbles yet.

47 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Travel bubbles do not yet exist. Countries in the region that are Covid-19 free have decided to protect their citizens against reentry of the virus into Thailand by the use of strict border controls. The concept of a travel bubble is that bilateral agreements would be made between two countries that are Covid-19 free to allow much easier travel between those countries. It is unknown at the current time if travel bubbles will become a reality and, if so, when.

thank you guys 

10 hours ago, TheAceFace said:

Sorry to jump on your post but does anybody know if I can extend my Non O visa outside of Thailand as it runs out in July, its a married visa but im stuck in the UK, is there any grace period as I can not get back yet.

As far as I'm aware, extensions can only be achieved at IO offices in Thailand. You will probably have to apply for a new single entry non O and go through the process again when you can eventually come back.

I say "single entry", as I'm of the opinion from posts, that that is all overseas Embassies an Consulates are now offering in non O form.

If you've yet to see it, this thread will give you an inkling of the possible obstacles to overcome trying to return as well. Good Luck with it all!!

Edited by UncleMhee

10 hours ago, TheAceFace said:

Sorry to jump on your post but does anybody know if I can extend my Non O visa outside of Thailand as it runs out in July, its a married visa but im stuck in the UK, is there any grace period as I can not get back yet.

You only can do it in Thailand, sorry

9 hours ago, UncleMhee said:

As far as I'm aware, extensions can only be achieved at IO offices in Thailand. You will probably have to apply for a new single entry non O and go through the process again when you can eventually come back.

I say "single entry", as I'm of the opinion from posts, that that is all overseas Embassies an Consulates are now offering in non O form.

Hi UncleMhee,

You are correct that can only apply for extensions of stay (be it for 30-days, 60-days or 1-year) at one of the provincial Immigration Offices in Thailand.

Applying for a SingleEntry 90-day Non Immigrant O Visa (be it for purpose of retirement, marriage or another reason) can be done both at a provincial IO in Thailand as well as in almost all thai Embassies/Consulates outside Thailand.  One of the odd exceptions being that in USA you cannot apply for a SingleEntry 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement.

The 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage can be applied for in the Thai consulates of Savannakhet - Laos, HoChiMin City - Vietnam and Penang - Malaysia (but at the latter they only provide it if you previously applied there for a SingleEntry).

That 1-year ME Non Imm O marriage Visa can also be applied for at the thai Consulate in Los Angeles and the thai Embassy in The Hague, Netherlands (and probably some other locations that I am not aware of).

The very rare 1-year ME Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement can only be applied for at the thai Consulates in Savannakhet - Laos and Penang - Malaysia.

Typically thai is of course that the requirements to be fulfilled are everywhere different, so don't make the mistake to think that what is applicable at one IO or thai Embassy/Consulate will be same at all others.  You would be in for a surprise... so better check beforehand before applying.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi UncleMhee,

You are correct that can only apply for extensions of stay (be it for 30-days, 60-days or 1-year) at one of the provincial Immigration Offices in Thailand.

Applying for a SingleEntry 90-day Non Immigrant O Visa (be it for purpose of retirement, marriage or another reason) can be done both at a provincial IO in Thailand as well as in almost all thai Embassies/Consulates outside Thailand.  One of the odd exceptions being that in USA you cannot apply for a SingleEntry 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement.

The 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage can be applied for in the Thai consulates of Savannakhet - Laos, HoChiMin City - Vietnam and Penang - Malaysia (but at the latter they only provide it if you previously applied there for a SingleEntry).

That 1-year ME Non Imm O marriage Visa can also be applied for at the thai Consulate in Los Angeles and the thai Embassy in The Hague, Netherlands (and probably some other locations that I am not aware of).

The very rare 1-year ME Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement can only be applied for at the thai Consulates in Savannakhet - Laos and Penang - Malaysia.

Typically thai is of course that the requirements to be fulfilled are everywhere different, so don't make the mistake to think that what is applicable at one IO or thai Embassy/Consulate will be same at all others.  You would be in for a surprise... so better check beforehand before applying.

are you sure about the multi entry 'retirement' non immigrant 'o' visas can be applied for at the Thai Consulates in Savannakhet - Laos and Penang - Malaysia.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, steve187 said:

are you sure about the multi entry 'retirement' non immigrant 'o' visas can be applied for at the Thai Consulates in Savannakhet - Laos and Penang - Malaysia.

Yes I am sure, but contrary to the 1-year ME Non Imm O marriage one the retirement one does require proof of financials, supported by proof of retirement (pension).

Attached an excerpt from the Guideline Document I compiled to apply for a Non Imm O retirement Visa.

Note: When applying at the Savannakhet consulate or the Penang consulate, there is also the attractive option to apply for a 1-year Multi-Entry Non Imm O – retirement Visa. The requirements for that Visa are same as for the 90-day Single Entry Non Imm O – retirement Visa but it costs 5.000 THB instead of 2.000 THB at the Savannakhet Consulate.

Note: The thai embassy in Vientiane does not issue the 1-year Multi-Entry Non Imm O – retirement Visa but only issues the 90-day Single-Entry version of that Visa. They require financial proof, a police clearance certificate and a medical certificate. The consulates in Savannakhet and Penang will issue both the 1-year Multi-Entry and the 90-day Single-Entry Non Imm O Visa, and they only require financial proof, but supported with proof of retirement (i.e. a pension statement). 

On 6/29/2020 at 7:23 PM, problemfarang said:

thank you guys 

If married to a Thai you meet the requirements for an inbound flight after having applied at the Thai embassy in your home country. But I guess you need your marriage certificate, which I imagine you don't have with you. 

On 6/30/2020 at 8:56 PM, Max69xl said:

If married to a Thai you meet the requirements for an inbound flight after having applied at the Thai embassy in your home country. But I guess you need your marriage certificate, which I imagine you don't have with you. 

im in thailand last 14 years

Edited by problemfarang