Certificate of entry from Thai embassy or consulate required for foreigners to enter Thailand

snoop1130

5 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

Every country tries to get tourism back on track.

It is just NOT gonna happen. Would you risk getting covid19 because you want 3 weeks holiday abroad? Or stay somewhere close to home this year and think about a proper holiday next year...

not true. in the uk now they have announced the places in the eu we can go to, there has been a massive increase in holidays booked. theres still a lot of people out there who wont live in fear for the rest of their lives and also there will be a lot of people who will want holidays because of this world lockdown and cuz they can finally have a cple of weeks in the sun

• Like 2

8 hours ago, crazykopite said:

This whole thing is an absolute joke anyone with sense would give Thailand a miss for the rest of the year its not worth all the agro and additional cost .Tourism in the Kingdom is going to die a death with these crazy regulations 

It's not worth trying to get back to your family, you mean? 

4 hours ago, davidmann said:

why not just say thailand is closed to all ,what about north Korea.  ,any good beaches 

davidmann, yes, thainess is introding ever more impossible restrictions and requirements. Why don't they just say NO, we don't want farang here.

1 hour ago, nchuckle said:

As am I ,though not due back until September anyway. Despite being married I will not go through the quarantine/ COVID insurance inconveniences and considerable expense even if sacrificing my return ticket. Everything is just being done on the hoof anyway with ill  thought through consequences which will be changed again when that becomes apparent,so my strategy is just one of watch and wait. An expired extension can be started again with a new application process any way so the least of the current concerns. Also,signs are that new outbreaks are starting so that will likely trump everything.

I feel you..... I thought about employing the strategy of ‘watch and wait’... but I’ve been away from my Wife and a 6 year old Child for 4 months already. I already miss so much valuable time with my son due to overseas work, I don’t want to miss anymore time unless I have to.

I don’t want to bring my family to the UK for the summer as I don’t want to see my Wife and Son in a situation whereby he is locked down to a hotel room for 15 days quarantine when he returns 2 weeks prior to the start-up of school in Mid August, that would be too awful for a child to endure. 

Thus: I’ve applied for the Certificate of Entry and have my fingers crossed I’ll be with my family at the beginning of August. 

The Thai Embassy haven’t even notified me of receipt of my application or responded to a letter asking if they have received my documents and forwarded them on to the MFA. 

Has anyone received their Certificate of Entry yet ?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, YetAnother said:

that's going to work great; whenever you have a document and a thai official , You have a problem

Especially as it means the cost of coming back goes up. To get the certificate they will want to see the medical insurance paperwork, plus a fit to fly and covid result. So you send that to them and it then gets passed from in-tray to in-tray for a few days until an embassy official gets soooo bored he dicides to do some work. Then you wait to get it back but by now your 72 hours is up so you have to arrange, and pay for, another fit to fly and Covid test before your flight. Here's a question though, having gone through all this nb@#$%ks to get to fly here, you've got your overpriced flight ticket and get to the airport to discover the flight has been delayed/cancelled and you're on the last few hours of your fit to fly and covid 72 hour thing, if you don't leav the airport before you get another flight will they let you fly?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

the eligible travellers must seek advance certificate of entry from local Thai embassies or consulates abroad as well as the relevant necessary documents as required under the order of the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), the TAT said in an announcement today.

No need for 40 words simply say "All need visa". 

(If it walks like a duck,....)

8 hours ago, gintis0604 said:

58 dead in Covid19 and they close down the country. 20000+ dead on the streets EVERY YEAR and they don't do anything! 

In perspective the Thai Covid death toll is broadly equivalent to their yearly toll of fatalities due to snake bites - which attract precisely zero attention or impact on err anything. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, robbioff said:

It should be obvious to anyone by now that this plandemic is being used by this dictatorship to keep out as many whiteys as possible for as long as possible, and make as much money out of quarantine as possible for as long as possible. Covid1984: the gift that keeps on giving...

https://www.corbettreport.com/james-corbett-documents-the-collapse-of-the-covid-1984-narrative/

the reasons are not as xenophobic as you think, the income from quarantined arrivals is negligible simply because hardly anyone is able to get into the country. their concern, as in all countries, is about their healthcare system. once infections and hospital cases get to a level that healthcare systems can cope with countries start to open up, as is happening in europe. clearly the thai government does not have confidence that currently their healthcare system could cope.

this worry about the healthcare system has been there since the virus,  hence the oft considered forcing tourists to have medical insurance.

worry over their healthcare shortcomings is currently overruling the damage the lack of tourism is doing to the economy.

every country assesses their priorities and ability to cope and makes decisions accordingly.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, UKresonant said:

Looks like August is definitely off then, better get on to the Airline and see if it's another set of future travel vouchers, or whatever. ???? ????

Anyone think it will be viable in ~December, for our next scheduled trip? ????

Impossible to say now.

May depend on where you are coming from. Until there is a vaccine, they are nto IMO likley to allow tyourist entries from countries where there is still community transmission of COVID.

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I applied, too .... and my request was rejected. I have a company with 15 Thai people employed, a non-immi type B visa, a 160K US$ insurance - especially certified to cover COVID 19 (lol), was willing to spend 2.300.-  €on quarantine nonsense and have a work permit.

The last expired in May but was extended during my absence in April. However, as I have the book with me as a condition for check-in the stamp of extension was not fixed in the book.

Now I can send the book to Thailand - which may take 4 weeks or longer due to minimal flight activities, get it stamped and returned to Germany. Unfortunately labour department can't remember that they granted extension although I have receipt of payment and proof that I have a work permit since 14 years.

I am in a dilemma but Thai consulate would be most happy to help me - I just need to give them my work permit.

Mission impossible but anyhow, weather is not good in Thailand and 14 days expensive quarantine does not really make me looking forward to returning.

My visa will expire end of July so wait and see.

3 hours ago, smudger1951 said:

davidmann, yes, thainess is introding ever more impossible restrictions and requirements. Why don't they just say NO, we don't want farang here.

To do that so clearly would cause a loss of face. So, they do the same less directly and feel good about it. 

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I feel you..... I thought about employing the strategy of ‘watch and wait’... but I’ve been away from my Wife and a 6 year old Child for 4 months already. I already miss so much valuable time with my son due to overseas work, I don’t want to miss anymore time unless I have to.

I don’t want to bring my family to the UK for the summer as I don’t want to see my Wife and Son in a situation whereby he is locked down to a hotel room for 15 days quarantine when he returns 2 weeks prior to the start-up of school in Mid August, that would be too awful for a child to endure. 

Thus: I’ve applied for the Certificate of Entry and have my fingers crossed I’ll be with my family at the beginning of August. 

The Thai Embassy haven’t even notified me of receipt of my application or responded to a letter asking if they have received my documents and forwarded them on to the MFA. 

In order to apply for the certificate did you ,as I understand you have to ,is include confirmation $100,000 COVID insurance,hotel booking for 14 day quarantine and copy of flight ticket ? In the Times today it said only 10 insurers in total were providing COVID cover insurance. Unless you have only registered? Perhaps I’m not clear or am mistaken but not only is this required but also fit to fly certificate and COVID free test.? 
As usual For Thailand it all seems vague, ambivalent and ill thought through,perhaps also explaining lack of response- I bet the embassy is equally puzzled . Let me know and good luck 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nope I applied over 3 weeks now, in the USA. They said they got my application when I sent it in via mail. Weird they sent confirmation to my 2 references I put when I filed out the online form but not to myself. Now it's just crickets. Nothing from them. Called one time this week, got through they only told me nope your COE isn't ready, no estimated date either and everything is decided from Thailand. I guess when they write "at least 15 business days" it's true. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wars said:

Nope I applied over 3 weeks now, in the USA. They said they got my application when I sent it in via mail. Weird they sent confirmation to my 2 references I put when I filed out the online form but not to myself. Now it's just crickets. Nothing from them. Called one time this week, got through they only told me nope your COE isn't ready, no estimated date either and everything is decided from Thailand. I guess when they write "at least 15 business days" it's true. 

Yup, the return is all a ‘stacked plan’ one part fails and everything else fails... 

Delays on the CoE and we have to delay our Covid test and hope that there is space on our new intended appointment day. Have to chance flight (and hope there is availability) and change ASQ hotel (and hope there is availability). 

We are ultimately relying on the speed of response of a bureaucratic system not famed for its efficiency !!!

I wonder if by the time approval is made Thailand has not opened up to tourists already and it was all a moot process !!!

That said, in application I’m hedging my bets against that and Thailand continues its international lockdown for a few more months. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Miami007 said:

What is going to change between now and next year?

The famous vaccine?

We will have to learn to live with this virus.. there is no way that the world can eradicate it.

99.5% of people in the USA are healthy today.. less than 3% even had the virus at some time. Most survive infections with mild or no symptoms 

It will take years to build hard immunity 

.... And the possibility that the vaccine, if one can be created may already out of date due to the antigenic drift of the virus. 

• Like 1

Stand for your rights, say no to vaccines! One must be insane to believe a vaccine will save a life. If you agree with that you are nothing but just another cattle, and Mods please feel free to cancel my account if diskike my point of view, TV does not respect freedom of speech. ={

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Saint Nick said:

I bet you have talked to the several hundred thousand, who work in the tourism industry!?

There can be little doubt that the several hundred thousand in the tourism industry want farang tourists back.

'They' who do not want us back are rich and powerful. There income does not depend on tourists, and many are anti-farang.

Also, with no work from the tourist the rich an powerful can cut salaries to the poor workers and make more profit. For the many who enjoy Thai ladies, they will have the pick of the bunch of loverly Thai ladies for peanuts because that are so desperate.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 2:19 PM, RichardColeman said:

Sure hope so I'm stuck in uk and my visa extension is due Jan 7th !

Me too. USA & 3 Jan. Not optimistic for our chances. ????

Already longest I've been away since 2011 when mom died and soon it'll be longest away since 1995. 

On 7/2/2020 at 4:54 PM, DaRoadrunner said:

I wonder how long it will be before the Thais realise why we all went somewhere else?

Many were thinking about it even b4 Covid-BS. The decision to turn the back on Thailand is getting easier day by day.

Actually the dog is what I would miss most.

On 7/3/2020 at 12:52 AM, UKresonant said:

Looks like August is definitely off then, better get on to the Airline and see if it's another set of future travel vouchers, or whatever. ???? ????

Anyone think it will be viable in ~December, for our next scheduled trip? ????

Looking at the 1st of October myself

The COVID nightmare is going to be around well into 2021-2022+. Not going away.  Plus the newly discovered  swine flu and covid mutates + regular flu.  Apocalypse is here NOW.   

• Like 1