COVID-19: Here are the requirements for foreigners wishing to enter Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, starky said:

What company is providing "covid" insurance? I have personal medical cover worth a million US but I doubt it covers pandemics...

you have to get in Thailand lol

just another scam

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

Which foreigner could be in need to have a medical treatment in Thailand what he can´t get in his home country or other countries? I don´t know any treatment what is offered in Thailand only.

Quite a lot of people come to Thailand for care not available (or substandard) in their home countries.

Bangladeshis, Cambodians, Lao, Burmese for one

And then high paying Saudis and other Middle Easterners. In their case their government pays for it, too.

However it is no longer a requirement that treatment be unavailable in the person's own country. This harks back to pre July when permission was granted only on emergency humanitarian grounds. The new guidance allows even "wellness" tourists and makes specific mention of things like fertility treatments, hardly an emergency.

They do seem to require some sort of certificate from a doctor or hospital in the home country but I think this has more to do with proving that the person is really coming as a patient.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, loong said:

If I am understanding this correctly, Thai nationals only have to avoid risky areas for 14 days instead of quarantine? That is ridiculous considering that there has been a regular stream of returnees testing positive while in quarantine!

No, Thais are quarantined. They have the option of State Quarantine (very basic accommodation) or paying for "alternative" quarantine at a hotel.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Greg O said:

Hi Sheryl, where did you get the COR , which office as I'm married and have a house book, Thai company etc ..

I think you mean COE.

I myself do not have or need one, I am in Thiland

I am looking into what it takes to get one for a Cambodian woman scheduled for surgery here next month, but that does not relate to your situation.

Assuming you are married to a Thai, you should contact the Thai Embassy or Consulate in the country where you are. Have to arrange everything through them,.

54 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

Which foreigner could be in need to have a medical treatment in Thailand what he can´t get in his home country or other countries? I don´t know any treatment what is offered in Thailand only.

Double pricing treatment 

1 hour ago, Greg O said:

Hi Sheryl, where did you get the COR , which office as I'm married and have a house book, Thai company etc ..

The 'residence' part of this is 'Permanent Residence' status, give it a google, its not something you just 'get'.. Many of us have been here decades and still have no hope of obtaining it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, British Bulldog said:

Hmmmm ... sorry but I see it this way; If you have elected to live in Thailand for retirement or otherwise, you will be treated as a Thai ! End of story !

No - e.g. dual pricing!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sambum said:

I think the UK government have just "fired a shot across Thailand's bows" by their exclusion from list of countries that are allowed to visit the UK without quarantine requirements i.e. they don't believe Thailand's statistics, and are concerned that a State of Emergency still exists when there is supposed to be ZERO cases of "home grown Covid"!

Maybe............. or perhaps just another example of the inept clueless illogical thoughtless decision making that seems to characterize all decisions taken by Boris and his cabinet of muppets.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Well as an over 75 on retirement extension, Non-B, I was hoping that I could visit family in New Zealand this coming Christmas. I will cancel that idea now. However there is nothing forthcoming that informs us just how long these regulations are going to stay so theoretically next year could be a problem too. Worse still, I wonder if they will remain as part of the 'new normal' in which case it would mean that I, and others like me, would be basically unable to travel abroad and return. In other words we stay until we are told we can't or we leave voluntarily making sure we take our assets with us. (Travelling abroad and unable to re-enter how would one access assets left here (800K in the bank etc.)?

Edited by TKDfella
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, thonglorjimmy said:

Many foreigners who have Thai spouses extend their stay based on retirement as it's less invasive, though the financial requirement is higher.
I wonder if a marriage certificate would be all that's required and there's not a requirement to actually have an extension based on marriage.
Any rule that is open to interpretation by individual Immigration Offices or offices is open to abuse and worries me.

"Any rule that is open to interpretation by individual Immigration Offices or offices is open to abuse and worries me."

That applies to just about every rule here!

• Like 2