COVID-19: Here are the requirements for foreigners wishing to enter Thailand

webfact

2 hours ago, baansgr said:

It's all irrelevant, China is about to export the black death in the next few weeks....

That's correct, this time it will be underpinned in Ebola virus. Aka second wave. Hold tight your 5h1t this time.

9 hours ago, Rod the Sod said:

The view I am taking is that I leave for my house in France and take all important papers with me. One day Thailand will reopen borders for tourists and then we come back, cancel the retirement visa, repatriate all savings and only travel in on a 30-day TV. The retirement visa should be renamed 0ne-year TV with a multi-entry option if purchased.

You can access your money from atm in your home country just ask bank for a card that works overseas, I have one

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tingtong said:

Get real!!

Somewhat of a ‘tingtong’ response... 

Thai national not married officially to their partner also has lot more difficulty to go to Europe.

Common-law partnerships are recognised with the same legality as marriage (for the purposes of a UK Spouse visa - you just need to prove you’ve been living together for 2 years).

Those don't have any valid official reason to enter a country won't get in this time any other place neither.

You want pragmatism?

Having property, proof of lease, retirement visa etc are all valid reasons to be in Thailand and show Thailand is someone’s home. Ignoring these people is unfair. 

If you retire here, after a while apply for residency.  

This is an over simplified, ill thought out and dumbed down response. Not everyone has the capacity to apply for residency. 

If you have a long term partner get a prenup and marry, your visa needs also sorted, with 400k in the bank.

Again, an over simplified response and shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted, somewhat. 

Those on a retirement visa wouldn’t need a marriage visa, additionally the marriage visa has significantly more hoops to jump through (apparently). 

If you don't hold anything then apply medical tourist status if so much in a rush.

Not a bad option for some, I wonder how that would work. 

Meantime don't for virtue signal imply that any other countries treat you so much differently during this virus craze, they don't!

They do, although I do concede that many South East Asian nations are being far more strict on which visas they are honouring. 

Many countries are allowing those with Visa’s and ties to that specific country to return. 

A Thai Wife can enter the UK with ease, as can anyone else with an open visa. My Wife can fly to the UK at any time she wants on her 10yr Visit visa, the issue we have is ensuring she can easily return to Thailand along with my son when his school starts up in Mid August. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A512 said:
4 hours ago, baansgr said:

It's all irrelevant, China is about to export the black death in the next few weeks....

That's correct, this time it will be underpinned in Ebola virus. Aka second wave. Hold tight your 5h1t this time.

The press are fear mongering. 

Between 2010 and 2015 there were 3248 recorded cases of ‘the plague’ which is caused by a bacteria and not a virus and transmitted by flea bites, direct blood to blood contact or inhalation of infected respiratory droplets.

The Bubonic plague can be treated with Antibiotics.

The there most recent outbreaks have been in Peru, Congo and Madagascar, and now a few cases in China. 

China also reported cases in Mongolia last year in 2019.

5 hours ago, chaihot said:

Cigna expat confirmed by email that hospitalization due to Covid was covered and they sent my dec page again showing HOW I am covered -- but as you said, the dec page doesn't mention Covid specifically and I didn't ask for a custom letter from them.  I would think that is what you would need to do.

My Health Insurance company [AprilMyHealth] has issued a Certificate of Cover which specifically highlights Covid-19 cover and the limit. 

It would be unreasonable of an company not to provide such a letter given the current climate. 

19 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

I heard from a Thai friend, whom I'm not able to reach now, that there is an online option, more convenient and cheaper, for receiving the Medical Certificate (fit to fly). Does anyone have any details on where that may be obtained? I didn't see any details on the LA Consulate's website. I'll check the Embassy's website.

Here’s the LA Consulate phone 323 962-9578.   They are making this an extremely difficult process.   You have to fill out a 7 page online questionnaire and upload a .25 mb photo and submit to Thai authorities, in Thailand  and wait 4 weeks for a response.  If approved then you can start the visa process by mailing your documents (no walk ins) and money order  to the consulate in Los Angeles.    They will respond within 15 days.  If approved you’ll need a fit to fly certificate and a negative COVID test within 72 hours.  That may difficult given Los Angeles is ground zero for COVID in the USA now and most test take 6-8 days  for results.

If you start now you may get approval by late August.  Trying to time the Covid test to coincide with your flight is a gamble.    I wish someone in Thai government would walk step by step through the requirements they expect us to follow.  

Edited by 67Vagabond
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Petchou said:

People who have chosen to live in Thailand for retirement and consider thaïland home are simply ignored.  Many have partners for years and have families without necessary being officially married.   They are treated like <deleted> by Thai government.   No empathy, no rational and pragmatism.   It would be nice if European countries and north Americans countries reciprocate and don't let Thai travel to their countries, just to make them feel same feeling.

The UK just gave Thailand a slap in the face .... Thailand has been placed on a red list which means they are not permitted to enter.
Thailand insisting on a "Covid" health insurance is ridiculous, if they want to open up eventually to allow tourists to enter thats got to be scrapped. !

13 hours ago, nchuckle said:

We’d all be better off if you took your own advice .. ???? 

you just squat there with your half bottle of lao kho and  cuddle up to your fat, smelly  bar girl friend.

10 minutes ago, 67Vagabond said:

most test take 6-8 days  for results

Are you talking about free, open to everyone tests?

I don't think it takes that long to get a result, especially under an insurance plan since there is a number of readily available rapid tests out there.

4 week wait guidance was told to me by the consular official at the Los Angeles  consulate on the phone today.  That’s just to hear back from the Thai government.  After that you’ll still need to submit a visa application through the mail.      

Edited by 67Vagabond
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

My Health Insurance company [AprilMyHealth] has issued a Certificate of Cover which specifically highlights Covid-19 cover and the limit. 

It would be unreasonable of an company not to provide such a letter given the current climate. 

Yeah that would be unreasonable but they won't budge.

Apparently there's some kind of corporate policy requiring them not to mention Covid-19.

All they would say in the letter is that your policy covers any medical condition under an emergency treatment or urgent care.

And they won't write that Covid-19 is not excluded.

Neither excluded, or included. Just won't mention it at all.

Edited by unheard

10 minutes ago, 67Vagabond said:

4 week wait guidance was told to me by the consular official at the Los Angeles   

Hmmm, that's a new development.

I hope it holds.

Those who applied on the June 19th, the date when the online application for Non-O went live on the Embassy page in DC, would have already been waiting for about 2.5 weeks by now.

31 minutes ago, 67Vagabond said:

Here’s the LA Consulate phone 323 962-9578.   They are making this an extremely difficult process.   You have to fill out a 7 page online questionnaire and upload a .25 mb photo and submit to Thai authorities, in Thailand  and wait 4 weeks for a response.  If approved then you can start the visa process by mailing your documents (no walk ins) and money order  to the consulate in Los Angeles.    They will respond within 15 days.  If approved you’ll need a fit to fly certificate and a negative COVID test within 72 hours.  That may difficult given Los Angeles is ground zero for COVID in the USA now and most test take 6-8 days  for results.

If you start now you may get approval by late August.  Trying to time the Covid test to coincide with your flight is a gamble.    I wish someone in Thai government would walk step by step through the requirements they expect us to follow.  

I should have been more clear. This is for a Thai on a repatriation flight. Same requirements apply but when my wife called the LA Consulate hotline the boy there said he would have a doctor call her and they'd handle her "fit to fly" over the phone and then she'd be texted her approvalto fly. She's still waiting on that call so I'll report what transpired when that takes place.

I am trying to put my thai wife on a plane back to Thailand, but it seems informations are bit confusing, to say at least.

According to the OP(by the way, is this official english transaltion of an official thai statement?), thai nationals are not required to go into a 14 days quarantine?Does anyone can confirm/infirm this information?

Likewise, a negative Covid test is only optional?

Perhaps, this should be written on the fit to fly certificate?

And who issues these certificates?We are living in Denmark.Does Thai Embassies have some sort of paper, which need to be submitted to the General Practioner in order to be filled in?

And what the xxxx does exit screening means?

Regards.

Edited by drenddy

20 minutes ago, drenddy said:

I am trying to put my thai wife on a plane back to Thailand, but it seems informations are bit confusing, to say at least.

According to the OP(by the way, is this official english transaltion of an official thai statement?), thai nationals are not required to go into a 14 days quarantine?Does anyone can confirm/infirm this information?

Likewise, a negative Covid test is only optional?

Perhaps, this should be written on the fit to fly certificate?

And who issues these certificates?We are living in Denmark.Does Thai Embassies have some sort of paper, which need to be submitted to the General Practioner in order to be filled in?

And what the xxxx does exit screening means?

Regards.

You need to contact your local Thai embassy as most of what you have posted is incorrect 

Thai Nationals are required to enter 14 days quarantine

17 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

You need to contact your local Thai embassy as most of what you have posted is incorrect 

Thai Nationals are required to enter 14 days quarantine

As I understand from the first post, there is no need for quarantine nor mandatory negative Covid 19 test. 

For me it's lookin' likely more home isolation rather than quarantine at a state facility. 

And it clearly states Covid 19 free medical certificate OPTIONAL. 

Or what? 

IMG_20200707_030331.jpg

Edited by drenddy

16 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Which foreigner could be in need to have a medical treatment in Thailand what he can´t get in his home country or other countries? I don´t know any treatment what is offered in Thailand only.

A foreigner who is on a long waiting list in their own country that never seems to get shorterand wants to get it done to relieve pain in Thailand where it isnt at an arm and a leg cost.

10 hours ago, Caine said:

Yes come back to the UK an sponge off the UK taxpayers

Your ignorance is unbelievable.

What on earth makes you think people living in Thailand, or other countries, are not paying UK tax.

Sponging off themselves 5555.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, drenddy said:

As I understand from the first post, there is no need for quarantine nor mandatory negative Covid 19 test. 

For me it's lookin' likely more home isolation rather than quarantine at a state facility. 

And it clearly states Covid 19 free medical certificate OPTIONAL. 

Or what? 

IMG_20200707_030331.jpg

as stated You need to contact your local Thai embassy

As to home isolation it has been proven that it doesn't work , people just ignore and carry on as normal, shopping, meeting friends whatever is important to them

13 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Bali is open to all tourists from 11th September.

It will turn into a race at the end...............the ones who dont open up will lose all the Christmas and New Year bookings.

Bali now will be getting bookings for the High Season, Thailand is getting zero bookings.   And if they book Bali, they will not change later.

Soon they will realise that if they dont open properly, all will be lost.

More people die in 2 days on Thailands roads than have died in 6 months of Covid-19.   

Thank you, Thailand is being hoodwinked by their govt!

The 6-8 day waiting period for results is per Dr Gottlieb this morning a frequent guest on CNBC.  There are probably ways around it if willing to pay.    The problem I’ve run into is not being able to test at all unless I have symptoms or have a drivers license for the stare I’m in.  I’ve lived in Thailand most of the last 15 years and my doctors are at Bumrungrad.  I’m trying to navigate the US health system.   

12 hours ago, unheard said:

May I ask you to verify that your letter has Covid-19 wording?

I'm with Cigna also but the letter they sent me just shows an evidence of coverage for all reasonable medical conditions, no specific mention of Covid-19.

btw what is the country of your policy?

Yes definitely a large heading saying Covid-19. I bought through a Broker in HK but it is underwritten in UK.

15 hours ago, dallen52 said:

January 23 many companies excluded the pandemic cover from policies. 

That's why they now ask to have it clearly shown as $100,000 covid19 insurance coverage.

Several companies are offering it.

I'm on another site that's dedicated to.   

"farang stranded abroad due to lockdown..."

Many useful contributions on there..

FB_IMG_1593067680785.thumb.jpg.79dfa4a5ced32e149ce5d8b02212f314.jpgFB_IMG_1593661438721.jpg.9d0236c138086d1ca4d487a8a6e00cf4.jpg

FB_IMG_1593067838121.jpg

My certificate of confirmed US$1m Covid-19 cover is dated yesterday.