Not asking much

fit to fly
covid free

same bloody thing lets duplicate that test

covid insurance is any company giving that

a third world joke response to a disease with 0.00.5% morbidity

look at EU its like a game show come on down

or the uk seemingly celebrating july the 4th <deleted>

just drunken morons another reason for not living in the USA's 51st state.

trumps basrard child boris bumbling hos way through an indian chancellor who is fated to follow usa giving every citizen cash

meanwhile thailand want us all to follow the yellow brick road pick up the tin man lion and scarecrow along the way  

this sure aint kansas toto

Come on. Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, KamnanT said:

They mean persons with permanent resident status.

That's how I view it however I've spoken with quite a few guys that are under the impression as they own a condo and they have already or are leaving soon, they will be able to return anytime they want.

Bali is open to all tourists from 11th September.

It will turn into a race at the end...............the ones who dont open up will lose all the Christmas and New Year bookings.

Bali now will be getting bookings for the High Season, Thailand is getting zero bookings.   And if they book Bali, they will not change later.

Soon they will realise that if they dont open properly, all will be lost.

More people die in 2 days on Thailands roads than have died in 6 months of Covid-19.   

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Phaser said:

Please post if you get any information on this....I am a Thai National (dual US) going to LA in sept then need to get back home to chiang mai in October. Any information would be helpful - thanks 

I found this on the Thai Dept Disease Control site:  https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/file/guidelines/G23.pdf

It is a format to follow.  However, details I found said to communicate direct with the Thai consulate in your location.  For L.A. the number is 1-323-962-9574.  

I intend to call and will follow up here with details, if any.

Covid Insurance cover is easy.

I have an AXA policy, they have given me a letter to state I am covered for Covid-19 (Thailand is not on the excluded FCO list now, so insurance is valid) and the coverage amount is 2 million GBP (or say 80 million baht).

If you have a good policy, they will issue a letter that says Covid-19 is covered.  

Bottom half of the letter is below...........the top part has my name and address and policy details on it which is hidden.

AXA.png.ebbbd06c663f8b4493e6056b58d47a5e.png

11 hours ago, andy72 said:

Not asking much

fit to fly
covid free

same bloody thing lets duplicate that test

covid insurance is any company giving that

a third world joke response to a disease with 0.00.5% morbidity

look at EU its like a game show come on down

or the uk seemingly celebrating july the 4th <deleted>

just drunken morons another reason for not living in the USA's 51st state.

trumps basrard child boris bumbling hos way through an indian chancellor who is fated to follow usa giving every citizen cash

meanwhile thailand want us all to follow the yellow brick road pick up the tin man lion and scarecrow along the way  

this sure aint kansas toto

Utter nonsense. 

I am keen to go to Thailand as soon as anyone else on here. However, if the virus was out of control there like in America, India, or UK, no one would visit the country, which in turn would wreck any future tourism. Furthermore their own population, which have no free health care, no access to public funds would be compromised.

Tourism is VERY important to the Thai economy, so it has to be done VERY safely. 

Just to rush tourists in, because you don't take the virus seriously, and want to go to Nana Plaza is wreckless. 

• Like 1

Quite a lot of fire hoops to jump through as usual I see...

any idea when they will scrap this 14 day quarantine ? Surely they will do it from the people entering Thailand from the least affected countries first rather than just scrapping it for everyone atleast 

Unless they view it as whatever nationality your passport says even tho you’ve been living here for years. 

I already pay annual insurance with Europ Assistance, but it doesn't cover Covid. I have no intention of paying two insurances, and frankly, the ceiling required also seems stupid to me. They are doing everything they can to alienate foreigners.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Pasadena said:

I already pay annual insurance with Europ Assistance, but it doesn't cover Covid. I have no intention of paying two insurances, and frankly, the ceiling required also seems stupid to me. They are doing everything they can to alienate foreigners.

They are doing everything they can to protect their own citizens which i'm sure a lot of other countries are jealous of.

I will return to Thailand once my work is finished, i'll jump through whatever hoops there may be, no problem.

I really don't understand the people that get bent out of shape about it, there's nothing they can do that will change anything.

12 hours ago, andre47 said:

Persons who hold a valid certificate of residence

Has somebody more information about this? I have a NON-O visa. Can I ask the immigration for a certificate of residence, then travel to Europe and come back to Thailand using this certificate of residence?

They mean PRs.

12 hours ago, poohy said:

What a palaver!

I have decided to postpone my visit to UK till next spring however i am also preparing for a long stay outside thailand i.e possibly many months as i dont see requirement easing to what it was before

Maybe not  a bad thing to get back on the books in Uk 

Yes come back to the UK an sponge off the UK taxpayers

8 hours ago, starky said:

What company is providing "covid" insurance? I have personal medical cover worth a million US but I doubt it covers pandemics...

Pandemics , same same , act of God . 

Insurance companies , escape clause...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rod the Sod said:

Me too, and it is with Cigna and they have sent me a Certificate today showing I have Covid-19 cover of US$1m. Worth writing to your Broker or Insurer. If you have had it since before Feb 2020 you may be pleasantly surprised.

May I ask you to verify that your letter has Covid-19 wording?

I'm with Cigna also but the letter they sent me just shows an evidence of coverage for all reasonable medical conditions, no specific mention of Covid-19.

btw what is the country of your policy?

1 hour ago, elliss said:

Pandemics , same same , act of God . 

Insurance companies , escape clause...

Not necessarily ... I checked and mine didn't have any of that "If you need to be hospitalized for anything, you are covered".

1 hour ago, unheard said:

May I ask you to verify that your letter has Covid-19 wording?

I'm with Cigna also but the letter they sent me just shows an evidence of coverage for all reasonable medical conditions, no specific mention of Covid-19.

btw what is the country of your policy?

Cigna expat confirmed by email that hospitalization due to Covid was covered and they sent my dec page again showing HOW I am covered -- but as you said, the dec page doesn't mention Covid specifically and I didn't ask for a custom letter from them.  I would think that is what you would need to do.

4 hours ago, Advocatus Diaboli said:

All the hoops they are forcing on people is just there to slow the amount of people coming into Thailand. You have to ask yourself why when they still force people into quarantine on arrival for 14 days. They know that the documents aren’t worth the paper they’re printed on. No pre-screen works, and if it did, then you would not have any people in Thailand with the WuFlu. 

As all those that have processed anything at immigration knows ...... Thais love paperwork and red tape.

They announced a few months ago that this was their intention - to discourage foreigners from visiting, if I remember correctly the specific article (months back) was about Chinese visitors, they were discouraging Chinese visitors back then.

The important point being - they confirmed this is their strategy - to discourage

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Bali is open to all tourists from 11th September.

It will turn into a race at the end...............the ones who dont open up will lose all the Christmas and New Year bookings.

Bali now will be getting bookings for the High Season, Thailand is getting zero bookings.   And if they book Bali, they will not change later.

Soon they will realise that if they dont open properly, all will be lost.

More people die in 2 days on Thailands roads than have died in 6 months of Covid-19.   

People dont seem to understand the push comes to shove. The countries that do stream lined arrival testing, will take the Lion's share of the bazzilions. Guaranteed. 

14 hours ago, Petchou said:

People who have chosen to live in Thailand for retirement and consider thaïland home are simply ignored.  Many have partners for years and have families without necessary being officially married.   They are treated like <deleted> by Thai government.   No empathy, no rational and pragmatism.   It would be nice if European countries and north Americans countries reciprocate and don't let Thai travel to their countries, just to make them feel same feeling.

Get real!!

Thai national not married officially to their partner also has lot more difficulty to go to Europe.

Those don't have any valid official reason to enter a country won't get in this time any other place neither.

You want pragmatism?

If you retire here, after a while apply for residency.  

If you have a long term partner get a prenup and marry, your visa needs also sorted, with 400k in the bank.

If you don't hold anything then apply medical tourist status if so much in a rush.

Meantime don't for virtue signal imply that any other countries treat you so much differently during this virus craze, they don't!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, poohy said:

What a palaver!

I have decided to postpone my visit to UK till next spring however i am also preparing for a long stay outside thailand i.e possibly many months as i dont see requirement easing to what it was before

Maybe not  a bad thing to get back on the books in Uk 

Similarly, I have postponed my return to Thailand until next year and I will be heading to the southern Spain this winter.