Jump to content

COVID-19: Here are the requirements for foreigners wishing to enter Thailand


webfact

Recommended Posts

COVID-19: Here are the requirements for foreigners wishing to enter Thailand

 

s2.reutersmedia.jpg

Immigration officers stand in front of an empty arrivals hall at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi International airport amid the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), Thailand, June 3, 2020. REUTERS/Athit Perawongmetha

 

The Thai government has again confirmed the requirements for people wishing to enter the country amid the coronavirus pandemic.

 

While Thailand’s borders remain closed to tourists, certain groups of foreigners are allowed to enter the country.

 

These groups are:

 

  • Persons who hold a valid certificate of residence
  • Spouses, parents or child of a Thai national
  • Work permit holders
  • Students of Thai educational institutions
  • Persons who are in need of medical treatment in Thailand

 

All people in the aforementioned groups are required to have health insurance covering COVID-19, a fit to fly certificate and undergo quarantine once they return to Thailand. 

 

The full requirements for each group is confirmed below:

 

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-06
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Persons who hold a valid certificate of residence

Has somebody more information about this? I have a NON-O visa. Can I ask the immigration for a certificate of residence, then travel to Europe and come back to Thailand using this certificate of residence?

Link to post
Share on other sites

What a palaver!

I have decided to postpone my visit to UK till next spring however i am also preparing for a long stay outside thailand i.e possibly many months as i dont see requirement easing to what it was before

Maybe not  a bad thing to get back on the books in Uk 

Link to post
Share on other sites

People who have chosen to live in Thailand for retirement and consider thaïland home are simply ignored.  Many have partners for years and have families without necessary being officially married.   They are treated like <deleted> by Thai government.   No empathy, no rational and pragmatism.   It would be nice if European countries and north Americans countries reciprocate and don't let Thai travel to their countries, just to make them feel same feeling.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Petchou said:

People who have chosen to live in Thailand for retirement and consider thaïland home are simply ignored.  Many have partners for years and have families without necessary being officially married.   They are treated like <deleted> by Thai government.   No empathy, no rational and pragmatism.   It would be nice if European countries and north Americans countries reciprocate and don't let Thai travel to their countries, just to make them feel same feeling.

aaah but we are "dirty foreigners" do not forget....:thumbsup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not asking much

fit to fly
covid free

same bloody thing lets duplicate that test

covid insurance is any company giving that

a third world joke response to a disease with 0.00.5% morbidity

look at EU its like a game show come on down

or the uk seemingly celebrating july the 4th <deleted>

just drunken morons another reason for not living in the USA's 51st state.

trumps basrard child boris bumbling hos way through an indian chancellor who is fated to follow usa giving every citizen cash

meanwhile thailand want us all to follow the yellow brick road pick up the tin man lion and scarecrow along the way  

this sure aint kansas toto
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, andre47 said:

Persons who hold a valid certificate of residence

Has somebody more information about this? I have a NON-O visa. Can I ask the immigration for a certificate of residence, then travel to Europe and come back to Thailand using this certificate of residence?

They mean persons with permanent resident status.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, andre47 said:

Persons who hold a valid certificate of residence

Has somebody more information about this? I have a NON-O visa. Can I ask the immigration for a certificate of residence, then travel to Europe and come back to Thailand using this certificate of residence?

 

they are referring to holders of Permanent Residency. Very few people, and not any non-O visa holders. People with PR don't need visas.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What is still nto at all clear is how to get the COE from a Thai Embassy. Many Embassies are still nto providing them, awaiting more clarification from MFA. Others are imposing ridiculous requirements e.g. COVID test at time of application (which means a repeat test prior to departure).

Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard from a Thai friend, whom I'm not able to reach now, that there is an online option, more convenient and cheaper, for receiving the Medical Certificate (fit to fly). Does anyone have any details on where that may be obtained? I didn't see any details on the LA Consulate's website. I'll check the Embassy's website.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Folks!

 

Am i correct in my assumption that most people dont have to go through quarantine anymore? Based on the info-graphic above, the only mention of quarantine is the last 3 categories, being Education, Medical and “Special Arrangement Long Stay”.

 

Any thoughts? 

 

Thanks! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, andy72 said:

Not asking much

fit to fly
covid free

same bloody thing lets duplicate that test

covid insurance is any company giving that

a third world joke response to a disease with 0.00.5% morbidity

look at EU its like a game show come on down

or the uk seemingly celebrating july the 4th <deleted>

just drunken morons another reason for not living in the USA's 51st state.

trumps basrard child boris bumbling hos way through an indian chancellor who is fated to follow usa giving every citizen cash

meanwhile thailand want us all to follow the yellow brick road pick up the tin man lion and scarecrow along the way  

this sure aint kansas toto
 

Depends how much you want to come back really, sounds like you don't.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

 

they are referring to holders of Permanent Residency. Very few people, and not any non-O visa holders. People with PR don't need visas.

I have a COR on a non O multiple entry. I'm married though

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, harrykylee said:

Hi Folks!

 

Am i correct in my assumption that most people dont have to go through quarantine anymore? Based on the info-graphic above, the only mention of quarantine is the last 3 categories, being Education, Medical and “Special Arrangement Long Stay”.

 

Any thoughts? 

 

Thanks! 

Read it again. Foreigners have to quarantine. It says letter of approval of quarantine accommodation by Thai officials. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey 

 

Is there anyone able to provide an official link to these lists as the Thai embassy in France refuses to take any ED application as they have not been informed ? 

 

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

What company is providing "covid" insurance? I have personal medical cover worth a million US but I doubt it covers pandemics...

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Petchou said:

People who have chosen to live in Thailand for retirement and consider thaïland home are simply ignored.  Many have partners for years and have families without necessary being officially married.   They are treated like <deleted> by Thai government.   No empathy, no rational and pragmatism.   It would be nice if European countries and north Americans countries reciprocate and don't let Thai travel to their countries, just to make them feel same feeling.

If you wanted stability and fairness you took a wrong left turn somewhere on your way! Asia do not provide long term stabillity or Predictability, so I really do not understand what you all talking about. 

 

Im here on retirement, but I know everything can change in the blink of an eye, like now we see how it is. We had no reights whats so ever, And we will not get any. How is it in Cambodia or Vietnam? Same? PHil? 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Petchou said:

People who have chosen to live in Thailand for retirement and consider thaïland home are simply ignored.  Many have partners for years and have families without necessary being officially married.   They are treated like <deleted> by Thai government.   No empathy, no rational and pragmatism.   It would be nice if European countries and north Americans countries reciprocate and don't let Thai travel to their countries, just to make them feel same feeling.

Very true , but you cannot expect more from brainless people leading a country, and dont forget we are just dirty farang for them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, andy72 said:

Not asking much

fit to fly
covid free

same bloody thing lets duplicate that test

covid insurance is any company giving that

a third world joke response to a disease with 0.00.5% morbidity

look at EU its like a game show come on down

or the uk seemingly celebrating july the 4th <deleted>

just drunken morons another reason for not living in the USA's 51st state.

trumps basrard child boris bumbling hos way through an indian chancellor who is fated to follow usa giving every citizen cash

meanwhile thailand want us all to follow the yellow brick road pick up the tin man lion and scarecrow along the way  

this sure aint kansas toto
 

Lay off the drugs mate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Eibot said:

I have a COR on a non O multiple entry. I'm married though

As @Sherylhas pointed out currently they mean those that have applied for and been granted Permanent Residency on an immigrant quota, the wording / description is poor in the article, seeing as you are married then you can apply to enter Thailand based on being a spouse of a Thai national.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They really think people are that desperate to go? Sure, some people will want to be reunited with their families, but numbers won't be huge.

We live in Europe now after moving last year, still have a business and employees in Thailand who we want to visit, but with all these hoops to jump through and then quarantine? 

No chance, see you next year. We will spend our holiday money around Europe 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

I heard from a Thai friend, whom I'm not able to reach now, that there is an online option, more convenient and cheaper, for receiving the Medical Certificate (fit to fly). Does anyone have any details on where that may be obtained? I didn't see any details on the LA Consulate's website. I'll check the Embassy's website.

Please post if you get any information on this....I am a Thai National (dual US) going to LA in sept then need to get back home to chiang mai in October. Any information would be helpful - thanks 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

 

they are referring to holders of Permanent Residency. Very few people, and not any non-O visa holders. People with PR don't need visas.

 

So retirees on non-O and non-OA visas are not allowed to go to Thailand?

 

Students who don't put 800k into Thai banks is more important than retirees? I find this ridiculous.

 

Then everyone would just get an education visa just to enter Thailand which become a much easier route.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If I am understanding this correctly, Thai nationals only have to avoid risky areas for 14 days instead of quarantine? That is ridiculous considering that there has been a regular stream of returnees testing positive while in quarantine!

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, mr_lob said:

They really think people are that desperate to go? Sure, some people will want to be reunited with their families, but numbers won't be huge.

We live in Europe now after moving last year, still have a business and employees in Thailand who we want to visit, but with all these hoops to jump through and then quarantine? 

No chance, see you next year. We will spend our holiday money around Europe 

I think you are right.

 

Only people who "need" to come back will apply, and it will probably be a very long and painful process, depending on which embassy they will have to deal with.

 

One can only imagine the difficulty to synchronize everything while waiting for administrative decisions and documents that the applicant has no control over.

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, loong said:

If I am understanding this correctly, Thai nationals only have to avoid risky areas for 14 days instead of quarantine? That is ridiculous considering that there has been a regular stream of returnees testing positive while in quarantine!

Everybody in the village here who returned from outsiden have been checked up on every day by health personal at their own home. Except from that Time, we have seen them at the markeds and driving around. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, andre47 said:

Persons who hold a valid certificate of residence

Has somebody more information about this? I have a NON-O visa. Can I ask the immigration for a certificate of residence, then travel to Europe and come back to Thailand using this certificate of residence?

It's not something you fill in a TM15 and pay 200 Baht for, if that's what you're asking, lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Until now also all returning Thai nationals had to go into quarantine. The above mentions mandatory quarantine only for foreigners - is my understanding correct ? So foreigners have to quarantine and Thais not anymore ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Petchou said:

People who have chosen to live in Thailand for retirement and consider thaïland home are simply ignored.  Many have partners for years and have families without necessary being officially married.   They are treated like <deleted> by Thai government.   No empathy, no rational and pragmatism.   It would be nice if European countries and north Americans countries reciprocate and don't let Thai travel to their countries, just to make them feel same feeling.

Hmmmm ... sorry but I see it this way; If you have elected to live in Thailand for retirement or otherwise, you will be treated as a Thai ! End of story !

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...