The week that was in Thailand news: Doom and gloom everywhere: But could Thailand be the hub of straight faces and internal screaming?

rooster59

1 hour ago, Jane Dough said:

I prefer stoic and resigned. 

Sheeple infers blindly following, not my assessment of yer average Thai.

Thanks for reading and commenting.

Rooster

I think it implies, not infers...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With respect to the monkeys who, god forbid, are forced to climb trees, will our loathsome lefties in the UK now be calling for a ban on sheep dogs? They are already objecting to police horses and dogs as it interferes with their peaceful riots. Thailand should tell them to do one.

Rooster thanks for another witty weekly update of the news and some

stories that I missed on the TV news and paper news that I read. I have some 

Thai family that want to get to Canada and hope that they are able to fly here

before September.  I hope that  Anutin and Donald both fade into the jungle

from where they likely come from, or the rock from which they crawled

from under.  It would be nice if Thailand immigration would simplify the visa requirements

and forget the 90 day reporting and other unnecessary rules for the tourism.

A valid passport and financial means and an insurance requirement should

be enough complications for the travelling people.  It will be nice when some

international flights start again, as Thailand is indeed a tourist destination and it would

be so sad to see all the hotels and attractions get shut down permanently.

Geezer

5 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

Thanks for that.

There are worse places to be than Perth. I have many happy memories of a long stay there in 1984 and Scrabble trips more recently.

Thanks for reading.

Rooster

Perth is a beautiful place nice beaches and parks I lived here for about 40 years

apart from my years in Thailand I would not swap it with any other place.

5 hours ago, Bogbrush said:

I think it implies, not infers...

i remember a comment of mine that created a rise in mr dough .   I do believe that put me on his

infer nal  nuisance list .  ????  

On 7/11/2020 at 8:54 AM, rooster59 said:

Thailand’s continued abuse of tigers, not to mention the archaic practices of cock and buffalo fighting also fall into similar categories.

Remember, when Charles got "blooded" after his first fox hunt there was a hullabaloo and eventually while the hunt continued using a human runner distributing litter everywhere, or towing a lure of some kind, it was forbidden to go after foxes.  As a result, farmers began to lose more animals and fowl.

14 hours ago, johnarth said:

crowd are waiting to see the bull shove his horn up the man/s ass,

Why would people want to watch a bull "shove his horn" (I was always taught they had two horns) up the rear end of a donkey?

'nuf sed.

14 hours ago, TPI said:

Thanks Rooster, I don't think I'd leave, even if I could! Everywhere I go people are just getting on with it, they've all got the attitude....."been there done that!"

On the horizon after hours of everyday  reading it seems that Oxford University has a potential vaccine underway and under human trials and looking very promising. The developers are gearing up to supply millions of doses and hopefully that will happen by mid 2020 if not sooner. If I was a betting man I would put my money on this as they have had previous success with similar virus vaccines.

18 hours ago, Dialemco said:

This article is just the tip of the woes that will hit Thailand hard.

Every country in the world will be hit hard, some more than others. Supposedly the most advanced country in the world and it cannot bring the virus under control. 

Of course keeping the population safe may not be the highest priority for many.

More than 3 million people in the U.S. have tested positive for the coronavirus and more than 130,000 have died. Though growth in new cases slowed in late spring, by mid-June new cases began to trend upward nationally.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/03/16/816707182/map-tracking-the-spread-of-the-coronavirus-in-the-u-s

On 7/11/2020 at 10:38 PM, madmitch said:

WHilst totally agreeing with your sentiment, unfortunately for the foreseeable future, the more PC minded Western tourist is going to be absent from these shores. Domestic tourists, the Chinese and certain other nationalities have no problem with animal abuse and barbaric practices.

Wait...I came here for the barbaric practices! (Still practicing, too!)

On 7/12/2020 at 2:48 AM, Jane Dough said:

My strategy in life whenever meeting north Americans has been to say "which part of Canada are you from?".

It pleases Canadians and often perplexes or even annoys Americans.

Win-win.

Rooster

British, self righteous <deleted>, sorry for being redundant. 

On 7/13/2020 at 12:54 AM, Meat Pie 47 said:

Perth is a beautiful place nice beaches and parks I lived here for about 40 years

apart from my years in Thailand I would not swap it with any other place.

Hobart

On 7/12/2020 at 10:03 PM, kiwikeith said:

On the horizon after hours of everyday  reading it seems that Oxford University has a potential vaccine underway and under human trials and looking very promising. The developers are gearing up to supply millions of doses and hopefully that will happen by mid 2020 if not sooner. If I was a betting man I would put my money on this as they have had previous success with similar virus vaccines.

now put back to early 2021

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2020-07-15/oxford-s-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-coronavirus-front-runner