SURVEY: Gay Marriage--Good for Thailand or not?

Scott

SURVEY: Gay Marriage--Good for Thailand or not?  

368 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, AnnaBanana said:

Sodom and Gomorrah?

It must have been a gas back in the day.

Perhaps instead of focusing on sexual orientation, you may benefit from reading :

"The Inner Level" Richard Wilkinson and Kate Pickett (University of York)

How more equal societies reduce stress, restore sanity and improve everyone's well being.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I would say that it has improved ALL countries that have taken that step because all countries are better off expanding basic civil rights and legal equality to more of its citizens. 

For example when the US made it illegal for US states to ban mixed race marriages that improved the US in a similar way. 

As an aside apparently there are health benefits for the people involved. 

https://www.livescience.com/51368-same-sex-marriage-health.html

Nobody is disputing that for gays adopting gay marriage would benefit THEM.

Better health, better access to tax breaks, to employee benefits, to unemployment benefits, to pensions, to inheritance.

Sure, for gays adopting gay marriage would be fantastic.

For heterosexuals, who will be footing the bill in terms of paying for the tax breaks, employee benefits, unemployment benefits etc, a cost that in the US amounted to 900 million USD just for government employees (!) unfortunately gay marriage brings no benefit whatsoever. 

On the contrary, it will further embolden gay rights activists, just as we saw with feminist activists. Whenever a demand was met a host of new demands magically materialised. 

And equality is not a zero-sum game. Any benefit given to one group is at the expense of another group, in the case of gay marriage at the expense of heterosexuals.

As you yet again trot out the same obsession with race, perhaps you could explain how mixed race marriage has improved the US? And also what this has to do with gay marriage?

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, checkered flag said:

Well this generated 24 pages and the Thai government could care less. So it's not worth the space it's written on except  to convince them that some foreigners are loony. I admit to being loony by responding here and to being trolled into this thread. 

I need to have more self constraint and only respond to threads that are worth my attention. 

This is not the first time, you use this weired argumentation after you contributetd massivly (although not very cleverly) to the discussion!

And: yes...maybe you should!

18 hours ago, Logosone said:

You have not given any credible explanation how the mass of old people are to be maintained without future tax payers.

Taxing "robots" is not a viable alternative. It's just increasing corporate taxation effectively which is already oppressive for most businesses.

We need future taxpayers. We need future pension contributors. 

And gay marriage is not the way to achieve this.

Maybe re-thinking the tax-system would help?

Maybe having mega- companies like Amazon or Google pay taxes AT ALL mihght help?

Huh?

What do you say, Mr. Taxman?

Edited by The Barmbeker
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Logosone said:

On the contrary, it will further embolden gay rights activists, just as we saw with feminist activists...As you yet again trot out the same obsession with race, perhaps you could explain how mixed race marriage has improved the US?

So not just a homophobe then? 

Edited by teatime101
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Who would even ask such truly sick question in the American context but an extremist far right wing white supremacist? These kinds of hate so often are linked. Homophobia, racism, antisemitism, etc. There is no room for any real rational discussions with those infected with these mental diseases of hatred.

The glue that holds these kind of twisted beliefs together are religion and politics. You know when you buy epoxy glue it sometimes comes in two tubes? Mix them together and its sets like rock.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Barmbeker said:

This is not the first time, you use this weired argumentation after you contributetd massivly (although not very cleverly) to the discussion!

And: yes...maybe you should!

So the cancel culture attitude is at work. Clever 55

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I've heard enough. You're actually questioning the societal benefit of mixed race marriage? Who would even ask such truly sick question in the American context but an extremist far right wing white supremacist? These kinds of hate so often are linked. Homophobia, racism, antisemitism, etc. There is no room for any real rational discussions with those infected with these mental diseases of hatred. So. Goodbye. 

Can you comment constructively instead of just criticising others? Not everyone agrees with you, if anyone.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

So the cancel culture attitude is at work. Clever 55

You are not making any sense - in general, but especially in this case!

YOU said, that maybe you should pick the subjects more carefully, that you respond to and I 100% support you on that!

How is that cancel culture?

Don't use big terms, you obviously don't understand!

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

There are so many diseases related to homosexuality.  Mental health problems come to mind, along with AIDS, Hodgkins disease, and anal cancer.  There are no health benefits related to this perverse behavior.  You are fooling yourself if you believe otherwise.  

The only real benefit I can think of, is male homosexuals in crowed rooms are able to pass gas silently and cast the blame on others.  It goes downhill after that. 

Classic homophobia. God I wish the bigots religious or otherwise would go back in the closet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CMNightRider said:

There are so many diseases related to homosexuality.  Mental health problems come to mind, along with AIDS, Hodgkins disease, and anal cancer.  There are no health benefits related to this perverse behavior.  You are fooling yourself if you believe otherwise.  

The only real benefit I can think of, is male homosexuals in crowed rooms are able to pass gas silently and cast the blame on others.  It goes downhill after that. 

So in your world, only homosexuals have anal sex or can get AIDS?

Your friend Jesus would love your homophobia!

NOT!

6 hours ago, EVILC said:

would someone please name a country that has made this legal and it has improved that country..

There are no countries that have improved by making same sex legal.  It is a known fact homosexual relationships are harmful to those who participate in this behavior.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

I hope you do not have any kids, or are trying to preach this BS in Chiang Mai. 

• Like 2

how come it is ok for Muslims to say it is against their religion, but not ok for a Christian to say the same?  but, I will say it anyway..it is against the religion I was born into stated on my birth certificate.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, moontang said:

how come it is ok for Muslims to say it is against their religion, but not ok for a Christian to say the same?  but, I will say it anyway..it is against the religion I was born into stated on my birth certificate.

So YOU don't marry a person of your same sex. Problem solved! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

There are so many diseases related to homosexuality.  Mental health problems come to mind, along with AIDS, Hodgkins disease, and anal cancer.

Just to let know, there are many many millions of cases of heterosexually transmitted HIV across the globe.

Hodgkin's Lymphoma is also not a condition limited to homosexual people

Mental Ill health is also prevalent in heterosexually orientated people, as is anal cancer. 

Find another baseless anecdote 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, moontang said:

Who said it is "okay" for Muslims to say it?

It is antiquated BS, based on fairytales from a time, when people were afraid of the sun!

And to be clear: no one is forcing YOU or any heterosexual, to marry a homosexual!

So you are safe! 

Edited by The Barmbeker
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Barmbeker said:

Who said it is "okay" for Muslims to say it?

It is antiquated BS, based on fairytales from a time, when people were afraid of the sun!

And to be clear: no one is forcing YOU or any heterosexual, to marry a homosexual!

So you are safe! 

no, but they are forcing it on the youngest generation as part of an indoctrination.  It isn't enough to simply tolerate it; you must endorse it or be labeled a homophobe.  And the absurdities of what has happened with the transgenders playing high school sports as women.  Wasn't a good idea.  Libertarianism is fine until it infringes on your own rights.

• Sad 1