I finally beat Immigration... until next year my old foe!!!

10 hours ago, problemfarang said:

Im going to khon kaen from bangkok tjis monday to extend my expired non o and im doing it just because nonthaburi IO refused to do it for some reason that i dont know... im full ready and sure i have all the paper work.. but im also sure they will find something and send me back to bangkok and do new things...

Wish me luck, i hope i can beat them too. 555

Nonthaburi have a reputation of being the Roguest of Rogue offices, so I am not surprised you encounter problems when dealing with them.

Temporarily relocating is indeed an option when your local office does not want to accept your application when your permission to stay already expired, and you are now on the Amnesty.

But simply going to another more accomodating office as you are planning to do, won't work as you need to be 'settled' in the province of that other IO in order to apply for a 60-day or a 1-year extension (not required for a 30-day extension of stay application for those on a VE or Tourist Visa).  So you would need to have a rental contract (or the house-book of the place your wife owns over there) and do your TM-30 (or TM-27) for change of address first.

Note: It is not necessary to physically relocate if you prefer staying at your place in Nonthaburi, but without having first administratively relocated the Khon Kaen - or any other - office will not accept your application.

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

Nonthaburi have a reputation of being the Roguest of Rogue offices, so I am not surprised you encounter problems when dealing with them.

Temporarily relocating is indeed an option when your local office does not want to accept your application when your permission to stay already expired, and you are now on the Amnesty.

But simply going to another more accomodating office as you are planning to do, won't work as you need to be 'settled' in the province of that other IO in order to apply for a 60-day or a 1-year extension (not required for a 30-day extension of stay application for those on a VE or Tourist Visa).  So you would need to have a rental contract (or the house-book of the place your wife owns over there) and do your TM-30 (or TM-27) for change of address first.

Note: It is not necessary to physically relocate if you prefer staying at your place in Nonthaburi, but without having first administratively relocated the Khon Kaen - or any other - office will not accept your application.

Well my wife is from khon kaen. We have house there on her name. And shes working as a hight position government officer. Me and she callled the IO 2 times. And explained that house is in kk but working in bkk. Visa expired.. can extend it or not? Both calls they said no problem can. 

Well we will see on monday. If still cannot i have someone will help me for.... 25k ehem ehem.. 

I will write kk io report after come back to bangkok which is wednesday. Ohh i never did tm30 since ia have non-o like 4 5 years now.

Edited by problemfarang

7 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

Well my wife is from khon kaen. We have house there on her name. And shes working as a hight position government officer. Me and she callled the IO 2 times. And explained that house is in kk but working in bkk. Visa expired.. can extend it or not? Both calls they said no problem can. 

Well we will see on monday. If still cannot i have someone will help me for.... 25k ehem ehem.. 

I will write kk io report after come back to bangkok which is wednesday. Ohh i never did tm30 since ia have non-o like 4 5 years now.

If your wife has a house in KhonKaen, it will be easy applying there.

But most probably IO will want you to do your TM30 first.  So don't forget to bring your house-book when your wife and yourself go there on monday, so that it can be done on the spot and open the road for your 60-day or 1-year extension application.

Cheers and success!

37 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

?

regards Worgeordie

You quoted my post out of context.

I was referring to the hand written blue ink requirement for a TM7 form in the post you did that I quoted.

13 hours ago, problemfarang said:

Well i know how relax and happy you are and im happy you are ok now. And no more stress or headaches.

But... i dont think you beat them. At the end of day they got what they want.. more photos.. more copies.. 

But yes you did it in 1 day. I dont know wht its a common thing with the IO that they really dont want to do it at your first visit. There must be something with it. Maybe they want to check like you can do it or not. If you made fake things maybe you cannot do again or likewise. Dont know. But yes they have this habbit of not to do at the first visit.

Im going to khon kaen from bangkok tjis monday to extend my expired non o and im doing it just because nonthaburi IO refused to do it for some reason that i dont know... im full ready and sure i have all the paper work.. but im also sure they will find something and send me back to bangkok and do new things... 

Wish me luck, i hope i can beat them too. 555

i do wish you luck! But remember to keep all the extra's separate and hidden - this is important. If you hand everything to them at the same time they will then look for something else to send you away for. Good Luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

If your wife has a house in KhonKaen, it will be easy applying there.

But most probably IO will want you to do your TM30 first.  So don't forget to bring your house-book when your wife and yourself go there on monday, so that it can be done on the spot and open the road for your 60-day or 1-year extension application.

Cheers and success!

thanks, @Peter Denis

but i can do both at the same day, right? TM30 and the 1 year or 60 day application?

Edited by problemfarang
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Oldie said:

You really think that you can command the immigration staff. A bit naive - you don't think so? I can't believe your story. And you sell this very impolite approach in a way that you can command them and are very proud of it... In the end you are very impolite and insulting and nothing else. A shame for Farangs that behave normally here. Nothing else. Really no need to be proud of it. 

No, there IS a way of being very, very calm and polite that works this way ????

The trick is to be genuinely super-calm, NOT just faking it - its worked for me on occasions. Part of buddhism and culture, and thais do "read" these things off people!

Its something that cannot be faked, in my opinion - for my part experience with meditation and buddhism for 25+ year has helped. (And again, going into it, not just reading about stuff)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EbhB said:

No, there IS a way of being very, very calm and polite that works this way ????

The trick is to be genuinely super-calm, NOT just faking it - its worked for me on occasions. Part of buddhism and culture, and thais do "read" these things off people!

Its something that cannot be faked, in my opinion - for my part experience with meditation and buddhism for 25+ year has helped. (And again, going into it, not just reading about stuff)

I am not sure if the people waiting in the line behind you will think the same. I see it sometimes at Jomtien immigration. Such people block everything. I never ever have a missing copy and everything is signed at home already. But I am not the only one with this approach. 

Thanks mate for the funny story. I laughed nicely ????

You must have ruined his whole day and he will now think about more sophisticated techniques of how to win this game. You know, they actually chop len games maaag ????

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, bolt said:

I now give people an excuse to say I’m wrong and they’re right, I tell them I’m sorry and go about my business.

If you try to embarrass them in front or everyone, they will continue to dig and dig until the find something, or make something up.

Is your life really so dull that this is an important part of it??

Let them feel powerful, they usually stop looking after that, and you can walk away knowing you’ve won without them even knowing it, surely that’s a real victory.

The right way to do it is not to embarrass anyone, quite the contrary - you just very passively hand them the CHOICE of embarrassing themselves in front of their colleagues or simply get it done according to rules ????

21 minutes ago, Oldie said:

I am not sure if the people waiting in the line behind you will think the same. I see it sometimes at Jomtien immigration. Such people block everything. I never ever have a missing copy and everything is signed at home already. But I am not the only one with this approach. 

Well, so the ones that come super-prepared with anything immigration can think of and then are extremely calm and polite is at fault?

Find that strange... If everyone did the same, then I bet it the lines themselves would be shorter too!

1 minute ago, EbhB said:

Well, so the ones that come super-prepared with anything immigration can think of and then are extremely calm and polite is at fault?

Find that strange... If everyone did the same, then I bet it the lines themselves would be shorter too!

Must be a missunderstanding. People who come super-prepared are not at fault. How could they be? It is the only way to go. But to come unprepared and even enjoy how the immigration officers try to help you despite of this is pervert.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Must be a misunderstanding. People who come super-prepared are not at fault. How could they be? It is the only way to go. But to come unprepared and even enjoy how the immigration officers try to help you despite of this is pervert.

The poster you reacted to, did not come unprepared.  He had everything well prepared, but when the Immigration officer asks for more copies than what their own handed-out instruction checklists stipulate, you are not 'at fault' by not being prepared for such unexpected 'new' requirements.  And surely not if they use it as an excuse to have you come back later (often to find out that there is yet another 'new' requirement for an additional copy that has popped up, so the process can be repeated).

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, parallaxtech said:

Did you have to provide a medical certificate like the previous extensions?

A medical certificate is not a 'normal' requirement for a 1-year extension of stay application.

There are only a few IOs (I thought Samui was one of them) that require such a certificate when applying for the 1-year extension of stay.

Stories like this really make me want to go for the Thai Elite, where all you have to do is present your passport and that is basically it. Yeah it is money down the toilet, but for 20 years of hassle-free dealings with immigration, you could argue it is money well spent.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2