Youth launch protest against 'deep-rooted Thai dictatorship'

rooster59

4 minutes ago, khaowong1 said:

Speaking of big guns.. I don't remember the year, ( 60's - 70's but the Police and the Military once took care of these demonstrating youth, killed hundred of people.  Be careful what you wish for kids.  

Almost the same as Trump is doing in Portland Oregon now. I voted for him for change, but not for lunacy. He needs to get out much like some here.  

1 hour ago, Why Me said:

That's the beauty of democracy. It's self-correcting. Dictatorship on the other hand is self-perpetuating.

Same-same but different ????

“The dictatorship is” shut up “, democracy is” always concerned ” Woody Allen.

52 minutes ago, khaowong1 said:

Speaking of big guns.. I don't remember the year, ( 60's - 70's but the Police and the Military once took care of these demonstrating youth, killed hundred of people.  Be careful what you wish for kids.  

It's was in the 70's, actually I know a Thai lady that was part of the protests back then. We've spoken about it a few times. Last I spoke to her she was saying how disappointed and sad that Thailand is headed down the same path.

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Almost the same as Trump is doing in Portland Oregon now. I voted for him for change, but not for lunacy. He needs to get out much like some here.  

Are you for real? You must be some special kind of ignorant to compare the neccesary return to order in Portland compared to the killing of hundreds of demonstrators in Bangkok back then .

You can always google it ????.

Just now, Yahooka said:

Are you for real? You must be some special kind of ignorant to compare the neccesary return to order in Portland compared to the killing of hundreds of demonstrators in Bangkok back then .

You can always google it ????.

Absolutely for real. Needs to be a better middle point of ground. How old are you by the way? Seems every generation has a cause. Just depends how it flips. There is no order until an agreed reform. And no I do not agree with BLM as I agree the police suck for all people. Experienced it in my day. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jimn said:

Thailand was a far safer and better place for the average Thai under Thaksin. For those rich ones living in Bangkok its different. Thaksin was good for Thailand.

And it was much better for common tourists, too.  He had a much better understanding of Economics.  A Dollar for a bar beer and everyone was happy..now 2.75+ and no one is happy.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, cnx101 said:

Nothing to do with foreigners were just guests in the country just worry about your next visas.

Only guest ?

Strange education to look at what is a guest and what is the real story of countries (without exception).

A guest is not also a part of the locals economy so higher... This kind of thinking exist, yes sure, it is so easy than maybe a chicken can think the same, but it is very limited and low level thinking, all over the world, except maybe in IS's fanatic countries.

But yes, some people you call "guest", are more or less important for Thailand. I think, the bigger VIP "guest" from an half century and a bit more now is USA (who has a historical reputation to impose business or war (for freedom, of course... everybody know that))... not only for the weapon importation business, but also for let them be more than just guest on there own country and bank relationship. There is some other VIP guest... sure, it should have because of no possible real autonomy or high level instruction (about anything up to one step) without any.

How do you call someone who learn everything from his "guest" (a guest who has to paid his place... so not really a guest, let's say... a lucky human) ?

I think in this kind of world, everybody have to care about visas and more things... not only the own one.

7 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

I don't think many of these students are interested in Thaksin anyway. They're not the redshirts. A lot of them come from middle-class Bangkok backgrounds. They're not looking backwards or interested in the old politics and parties.

I never said it was a red shirt stirred demonstration nor that they are interested in taksin. If that's what was understood from my first reply to this topic I apologise. I just meant to compare the lack of freedom of speech these days to how it was about 30 years ago and later again during the taksin era.

Strange that so many foreigner son here label themselves as guests and therefore do not have a say. Although that may be true in some cases, where people are planning to be in Thailand for a short while but what about the longer term expats, perhaps married to a Thai lady with kids, when does there voice matter? Do their kids have a voice because they are mixed race and children of "guests". I think if you have chosen Thailand as your new home and contributing to society then it does matter what you think.

7 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

You might think that joking about killing unarmed peaceful protesters is funny, Steven - the decent ones of us on here don't. 

You clearly have deep-rooted disdain for many of the Thais who dare to think differently. 

listen !   they can protest all they like. Great ... do what they want. I'm not bothered as long as no one is hurt. So don't put your words or thoughts in my mouth.  !!   

end of discussion.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Then don't comment, "progress is being made then" when someone talks about CCTV being covered up so snipers can shoot without evidence.

It's not funny to show support (even if joking) for the notion of peaceful protesters being murdered for exercising their basic human rights. Show some respect for Thai people. 

As i mentioned before . End of discussion Thanks. !!

• Haha 2

On 7/19/2020 at 8:43 AM, ezzra said:

Excuse me just one moment, show me a country with 70 million in population that has escaped the this Covid economy downturn, much stronger and richer countries that Thailand are suffering and suffering bad, so what do they want? that Thailand will be doing business as usual and no one and nothing will be affected? you want to change the leadership, do int in the ballot, just as well that theses protests are not in China, HK, No.Korea or Iran and other despots regimes, there would have been blood in the streets by now...

It is difficult to follow your logic. If you're moving the location to one of the despotic regimes you mention, so that you can compare how lucky these demonstrators are - then you have to move the location of this forum as well. We'd all be in jail. Your other attempt at logic goes like this: this military regime has done really well controlling covid (acknowledged) - but it is totally corrupt; allowing its people to starve, whilst the master class lives in luxury. So all those democratic countries who are doing badly with covid should follow Thailand?

• Like 2

On 7/19/2020 at 10:41 AM, ThailandRyan said:

No soup for you 1 Year.......Politics is like going in to a guest friendly establishment and trying to order from the secret menu, you never know if they understood exactly was meant.  As the American Indians would say "White man speak with forked tongue", the same is true for all politicians world wide.  Greed and corruption, need I say more

I don't need soup. I can make my own soup.