Medical professor recommends delay of travel bubble for at least 6 months

snoop1130

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's the Thai authorities directing the 'perception'.

I've never met a Thai that shows any interest or follows foreign media, social or other.

If the Thai government calls white folk dirty, and Chinese disease free ....... that's the perception of the sheeple.

You should try the real world, you may be surprised.

• Sad 1

Just now, sandyf said:

You should try the real world, you may be surprised.

Well, there's 4 real Thais in my house at the moment.

I live on a Thai middle class housing estate with around a thousand Thai occupants.

I go cycling with a real Thai cycling club.

I can speak Thai to a certain extent, none of the Thai i mix with outside my house can speak any English.

And none of them have ever shown any interest in anything outside of Thailand.

How about you sandyf?

Do you live in Pattaya surrounded by other white folk?

or do you live with the locals?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I live on a Thai middle class housing estate with around a thousand Thai occupants.

I can speak Thai to a certain extent, none of the Thai i mix with outside my house can speak any English.

How about you sandyf?

I live out in the sticks on the outskirts of Chonburi. Lived here for about 12 years and have virtually no contact with other foreigners.

3 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I live out in the sticks on the outskirts of Chonburi. Lived here for about 12 years and have virtually no contact with other foreigners.

Chonburi ........ that's Pattaya as described by people wanting to avoid the stigma of living in Pattaya.

So you're living in a foreigner enclave, catering mainly to sex tourists, surrounded by Thais working in the sex tourist business, and suggesting I'm the one not in the 'real world'.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Chonburi ........ that's Pattaya as described by people wanting to avoid the stigma of living in Pattaya.

So you're living in a foreigner enclave, catering to sex tourists, and suggesting I'm the one not in the 'real world'.

What a vivid imagination. My house is near the junction of the Chonburi bypass and the 344, Pattaya is about 40 miles away.

Feel free to indulge your fantasy.

23 hours ago, Sean60 said:

Thailand's economy is at it's worse which has contracted by 8.5%. Thai economy is dependent on the tourism. Most of other countries they have other source of income and tourism is not playing big part in their economy. Next time you are talking about jobs disappearing you have to remember your talking about peoples livelihood. Bankruptcy will lead to depression and suicide and in some countries it can lead to revolutions. I do not think you would want that.

You misunderstood my point , I think Thailand is making a huge mistake in not reopening more fully.

• Like 1

“He cited the protests last week in Bangkok, saying that several protesters were seen not wearing face masks, while others were shouting and not maintaining social distancing.  These actions, he said, put people at risk of becoming infected or of transmitting the disease to others.”

But but... government said there have been no local infection for more than 50 days, so then how they can become infected or transmit the disease if they are not infected?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The simple fact is, Thailand cannot let tourists in again until there is a solution to the virus problem such as vaccine or there will be a second wave and there will be another lock-down, other industries will suffer and we will be back to square one again. 

The Thais have done extremely well so that they can get back to some semblance of normality, albeit without overseas tourism. You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs, as they say. 

These decisions are correct IMO and have been taken for the benefit of the majority.

Now dry your eyes, deal with it and move on.

Nothing as I recall has ever been done for the benefit of the majority of Thai citizens. It remains a fuedal society , controlled by the few and concerned only with themselves.

Do you believe the last 5 years was to save Thailand from corruption , dear me !

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sandyf said:

The BBC news i watch shows very few wearing masks and every chance the Thais are watching the same news. The day the theme parks opened, the reporter at one was stood by a queue waiting to get in, I saw 2 kids with masks, not one adult.

If you wish to consider that ill informed, feel free.

So you are in fact ignorant of the regulations regarding mask wearing in the UK.

19 minutes ago, newcomer71 said:

“He cited the protests last week in Bangkok, saying that several protesters were seen not wearing face masks, while others were shouting and not maintaining social distancing.  These actions, he said, put people at risk of becoming infected or of transmitting the disease to others.”

But but... government said there have been no local infection for more than 50 days, so then how they can become infected or transmit the disease if they are not infected?

That's a good point.

They're contradicting themselves, and not for the first time...

6 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I think you are the one being selfish. Putting your own needs to return to Thailand before the needs of the Thai people as a whole.

Where did I say never let foreigners in again?

"If you was out of a job" gorblimey guv, perish the thought. 

Chok dee.

@Mr Meeseeks im in thailand. so you think its funny that people have lost their jobs,that about sums you up as a person.

Edited by paulikens
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

So you are in fact ignorant of the regulations regarding mask wearing in the UK.

Irrelevant comment. Take whatever direction you want but it does not distract from the original point, why would the Thai people want visitors that they see ignoring basic precautions.

15 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Irrelevant comment. Take whatever direction you want but it does not distract from the original point, why would the Thai people want visitors that they see ignoring basic precautions.

Didn't they test thousands in Rayong, just sjortly after one Egyptian man was roaming the town freely for a few hours?

And didn't all results come back negative withing 2 or 3 days?

With advanced testing technology like that, it should be easy for Thailand to reduce the quaranteen for incoming foreigners to 4 days, don't you think?

And if they bring a medical certificate, this could be reduced to zero!

Or is someone making up a steaming pile of horse - excrement?

Hmmmm...difficult!

But to answer your question: because they need work to EAT!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, The Barmbeker said:

Didn't they test thousands in Rayong, just sjortly after one Egyptian man was roaming the town freely for a few hours?

And didn't all results come back negative withing 2 or 3 days?

With advanced testing technology like that, it should be easy for Thailand to reduce the quaranteen for incoming foreigners to 4 days, don't you think?

And if they bring a medical certificate, this could be reduced to zero!

Or is someone making up a steaming pile of horse - excrement?

Hmmmm...difficult!

But to answer your question: because they need work to EAT!

Another load or irrelevance.

As for the last sentence, you obviously believe a Thai is a Thai and they all think the same.

Over 90% of respondents to a recent opinion poll fear the prospect of a second wave of COVID-19 infections and want a complete ban on foreign arrivals in Thailand, according to a Suan Dusit Poll.

https://www.thailand-business-news.com/tourism/80014-thai-virus-fear-95-support-ban-on-foreign-arrivals.html

On 7/21/2020 at 5:18 PM, Kadilo said:

Isn’t the idea of a travel bubble to group together Countries where it isn’t “Still surging” in an attempt to try and move things forwards?

Questions are a burden to others.

6 hours ago, sandyf said:

6 hours ago, sandyf said:

Irrelevant comment. Take whatever direction you want but it does not distract from the original point, why would the Thai people want visitors that they see ignoring basic 

My comment was in response to your eroneous statement that UK citizens were in large flouting social distancing regulations , so very relevant.

If you dont like being corrected then I suggest you stop making things up.

As for your main point , I dont suppose any group of citizens would enjoy seeing others blatantly ignoring health regulations. By all means shame and fine tourists who do so.

None of that though explains what the Thai government is going to do to get tourism back on track , the economy is suffering badly already. 

Edited by joecoolfrog

14 hours ago, BritManToo said:

How about you sandyf?

What's so special about living around people "not showing any interest in anything outside of Thailand".

It's not something really to be proud of having no idea about life outside your small country.

It's kind of the definition of ignorance.

6 hours ago, Anton9 said:

What's so special about living around people "not showing any interest in anything outside of Thailand".

It's not something really to be proud of having no idea about life outside your small country.

It's kind of the definition of ignorance.

I find it entirely sensible.

No need to worry about stuff you can't control, and people you don't know.

"But what about all the poor starving children in Africa?" .............. who? where?

10 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

My comment was in response to your eroneous statement that UK citizens were in large flouting social distancing regulations , so very relevant.

If you dont like being corrected then I suggest you stop making things up.

As for your main point , I dont suppose any group of citizens would enjoy seeing others blatantly ignoring health regulations. By all means shame and fine tourists who do so.

None of that though explains what the Thai government is going to do to get tourism back on track , the economy is suffering badly already. 

Get your facts straight, it is you that is making things up.

I made no "eroneous statement that UK citizens were in large flouting social distancing regulations".

What I said was that the Thai people were seeing what was on foreign news with a reference to the anti mask brigade in the US, but you deliberately went in another direction changing context and pushing your own agenda. Posts that were totally irrelevant to the point in question.

My point from post No 48.

"Do you really think that these people do not pay any attention to the news coming out of places like the US & UK."

If you wish to dispute that there has never been any foreign news portraying foreigners flouting basic precautions, go ahead but keep your distorted views on the economy to yourself.

18 hours ago, sandyf said:

Another load or irrelevance.

As for the last sentence, you obviously believe a Thai is a Thai and they all think the same.

Over 90% of respondents to a recent opinion poll fear the prospect of a second wave of COVID-19 infections and want a complete ban on foreign arrivals in Thailand, according to a Suan Dusit Poll.

https://www.thailand-business-news.com/tourism/80014-thai-virus-fear-95-support-ban-on-foreign-arrivals.html

Wheras you see every Thai- seperately...obviously!

On 7/21/2020 at 6:27 AM, Kadilo said:

They are clueless. Just cannot think outside the box. Just mass hysteria and overreaction to everything. 

No. It is sensible and prudent. The cost of  many sick people and a lock down vs. tourism income  supports the continued limited travel.  Many countries will keep their borders closed, some until  next year. There are too many irresponsible people circulating. Look at  the madness going on in the USA now. The UK isn't much better  and we are seeing explosions of cases in Canada, Australia, Spain and France because  younger people  refuse to behave responsibly.  They need to wait until October - November to determine if there will be a significant 2nd wave.

Also, new testing technologies are on the way. A vaccine may be available by January 2021, in which case the government can require proof of vaccination to enter. Thailand is no different than many other countries.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sandyf said:

Get your facts straight, it is you that is making things up.

I made no "eroneous statement that UK citizens were in large flouting social distancing regulations".

What I said was that the Thai people were seeing what was on foreign news with a reference to the anti mask brigade in the US, but you deliberately went in another direction changing context and pushing your own agenda. Posts that were totally irrelevant to the point in question.

My point from post No 48.

"Do you really think that these people do not pay any attention to the news coming out of places like the US & UK."

If you wish to dispute that there has never been any foreign news portraying foreigners flouting basic precautions, go ahead but keep your distorted views on the economy to yourself.

No you said USA and UK in relation to mask wearing !

The blatant examples of politically motivated opposition to mask wearing are the US and Brazil, its been oft reported.

Yet you choose to ignore Brazil and group the UK ( wrongly ) with the USA , whats your beef with the old country , messy divorce made you bitter ?

As for my ' distorted ' views on the Thai economy, please elaborate, I need a good laugh.

Edited by joecoolfrog
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Saint Nick said:

Wheras you see every Thai- seperately...obviously!

What a stupid comment.

You really think that those in the north see things the same way as those in the industrial regions of the Eastern seaboard or the city dwellers of Bangkok.

Obviously you are another that believes the industrial regions depend on tourism for work.

16 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

No you said USA and UK in relation to mask wearing !

Feel free to state the obvious.

You are welcome to the self denial, if it was so voluntary and widespread as you try to make out, laws wouldn't be necessary, and this late in the game says it all.

Supermarket giants have said they will not enforce new laws that make it compulsory for customers to wear face masks from Friday.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/face-masks-rules-supermarkets-refuse-asda-tesco-sainsburys-iceland-aldi-coronavirus-a9635731.html