One year extension based on marriage in Chaeng Watthana: Short report

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, just to clarify. You mention that previously you used ME marriage.

When you attended CW what permission of stay was in passport. 

My last visa stamp expired mid June. I then made one 60 day extension followed by this one year extension now. Despite the amnesty I wanted my visa to stay valid. That is why I did it this way.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the report,

Also interested to know which financial route you used.

I'm in a similar situation, 1 year ME Non O Marriage visa issued HCM 25th Aug 2019, entered Thailand 21st March 2020 with 90 days permitted to stay till 15th June, I have used the amnesty so far but went for the 60 day extension last week so now good till 15th Sept. I'm considering going for the 1 year extension at Chaeng Wattana early September but I'm not 100% clear on the financial requirements, I don't have 400k in a Thai bank account and was wondering if I can use the monthly income route. I will have over 40k being transferred from a UK account to my SCB account for July, Aug and Sept (applying early Sept). My understanding is that as this is not a renewal extension and is a first non o marriage extension I only need to show the 40k transfers for 2 months? Technically it's not my first marriage extension as I've had 2 before some years ago but in the last few years did the 1 year visa in Laos or Vietnam. Will they still let me apply as a 'first' marriage extension.

Anyone that can confirm or otherwise my understanding on the financial requirements and timing would be really appreciated, thanks 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phungo said:

Thank you fir your report.

Did you do 40k int deposits or 400k?

Did they ask for source of funds?

I had 400k on the account since 2 months and two days. The lady checked it and did not ask any question.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, andyrobbo said:

Thanks for the report,

Also interested to know which financial route you used.

I'm in a similar situation, 1 year ME Non O Marriage visa issued HCM 25th Aug 2019, entered Thailand 21st March 2020 with 90 days permitted to stay till 15th June, I have used the amnesty so far but went for the 60 day extension last week so now good till 15th Sept. I'm considering going for the 1 year extension at Chaeng Wattana early September but I'm not 100% clear on the financial requirements, I don't have 400k in a Thai bank account and was wondering if I can use the monthly income route. I will have over 40k being transferred from a UK account to my SCB account for July, Aug and Sept (applying early Sept). My understanding is that as this is not a renewal extension and is a first non o marriage extension I only need to show the 40k transfers for 2 months? Technically it's not my first marriage extension as I've had 2 before some years ago but in the last few years did the 1 year visa in Laos or Vietnam. Will they still let me apply as a 'first' marriage extension.

Anyone that can confirm or otherwise my understanding on the financial requirements and timing would be really appreciated, thanks 

same boat as you.

will be doing the 40k deposits for 2 month, and just hope they dont ask for source of income.

• Like 1

I don't do mine at CW but have always been asked for the source (I do the monthly). For this I provide a copy of the contract, copy of the work permit and letter of validation from the school. This year will be unique as my 90 days is on the amnesty from Mar 12th and my extension expires 5 days after I will be applying (normally apply 30 days early AND my passport expires the same day as my extension so had to get a new 1 year emergency passport issued with stamp transfer letter. Should be an interesting day in the sticks where very few of us live. :wai:

17 hours ago, frimu said:

I had 400k on the account since 2 months and two days. The lady checked it and did not ask any question.

First you said you had the tabien baan from the owner,but wrong tabien baan. Then immigration wanted a tabien baan from the "real owner", suddenly you changed from owner to landlord, which is not same thing. A bit confusing imo. 

• Sad 1

Udonthani needed proof of 40k deposits for last 12 months. I showed a letter from Bangkok bank ( local branch) showing last 6 months. Not accepted. Now have had to write to Bangkok bank in Bangkok to get 12 months statement. Worried.normally pension is above 40k per month, one of the months was 500 baht below ( pound dropped because of brex<deleted>) . I did transfer an additional 6000 from my UK bank that month from state pension in uk. hoping they will accept this otherwise I am shafted

2 hours ago, ecoscape said:

Udonthani needed proof of 40k deposits for last 12 months. I showed a letter from Bangkok bank ( local branch) showing last 6 months. Not accepted. Now have had to write to Bangkok bank in Bangkok to get 12 months statement. Worried.normally pension is above 40k per month, one of the months was 500 baht below ( pound dropped because of brex<deleted>) . I did transfer an additional 6000 from my UK bank that month from state pension in uk. hoping they will accept this otherwise I am shafted

The 12 month bank statement is a standard requirement. Requested one at a Bangkok Bank branch for a fee of 200 baht today. It should be ready for pickup in about a week. My extension is due early next month so I will get a one month bank statement to show my August transfer.

If you did a transfer in the same month to make up for the shortfall in your transfer it will be accepted. Nothing says it can only be one transfer.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The 12 month bank statement is a standard requirement. Requested one at a Bangkok Bank branch for a fee of 200 baht today. It should be ready for pickup in about a week. My extension is due early next month so I will get a one month bank statement to show my August transfer.

If you did a transfer in the same month to make up for the shortfall in your transfer it will be accepted. Nothing says it can only be one transfer.

Just to confirm (this is already quite clear to me now based on the announcements, but just want final reassurance) in my case, being on the amnesty I can apply for a 60-day extension anytime between Aug 1 and Sep 26 and it will start on Sep 27? Previously, the 60 day extension was being started on the date of application under the amnesty that was due to expire on July 31.

So if I go in say mid September, say Sep 15, instead of this 60 day extension starting Sep 15 with validity until nov 13, it should instead begin Sep 27 and expire Nov 25 right?

That means I would need to show proof of income for the period from Sep through to November and apply for my 1-year extension sometime in November before the expiration date of this 60 day extension?

If borders are open again by that time in November, I may decide not to, given I need to catch up on a lot of business and personal related travel. That being said, if things are still iffy by then a 1-year extension is definitely what I'm going for.

27 minutes ago, drbeach said:

That means I would need to show proof of income for the period from Sep through to November and apply for my 1-year extension sometime in November before the expiration date of this 60 day extension?

That is what it means. But some offices might have to be reminded of the new order.

I think I would do it a about mid September.

• Like 1

Just now, ubonjoe said:

That is what it means. But some offices might have to be reminded of the new order.

I think I would do it a about mid September.

Yes that is my plan. Even if they started it from the date of application, I wouldn't go in on the last day, but around a week or 10 days before. Still, according to the infographic it appears they are starting them on Sep 27.

On 7/24/2020 at 11:44 AM, Max69xl said:

First you said you had the tabien baan from the owner,but wrong tabien baan. Then immigration wanted a tabien baan from the "real owner", suddenly you changed from owner to landlord, which is not same thing. A bit confusing imo. 

Ok, sorry,

My landlord told us, she was the owner of the unit, but she wasn't. According to the sales papers her uncle was. And that is, what the immigration found out.

The tabian baan was not the one from our condo unit, but another one.

And please be forgiving to people that do not have English as their mother tongue. ????

• Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 12:10 PM, frimu said:

They wanted a copy of the ownership document and an ID of the real owner.

So a one year lease contract +owners signed Id card isn't enough? You need copies of ownership contract and the owners tabian Baan too? 

On 7/24/2020 at 5:26 PM, ubonjoe said:

1 hour ago, ecoscape said:

I did  not say I did that.

I ordered the one year transfer in July. Then will be be getting a one month statement to show the one that came in this month when I apply for my extension this month. I am concerned they may want to see the one for this month when I apply,

On 7/30/2020 at 4:53 PM, RotBenz8888 said:

So a one year lease contract +owners signed Id card isn't enough? You need copies of ownership contract and the owners tabian Baan too? 

I think, they wanted the ownership copies, because the tabien baan was wrong. So, I guess, it normally is not required.

I brought the tabien baan, because it was on Ubon Joe's list.

Maybe it works to have the tabien baan copy ready but to only hand it over when asked for it?

3 hours ago, frimu said:

I think, they wanted the ownership copies, because the tabien baan was wrong. So, I guess, it normally is not required.

I brought the tabien baan, because it was on Ubon Joe's list.

Maybe it works to have the tabien baan copy ready but to only hand it over when asked for it?

I actually got signed copies of all those documents from our landlord. In case they ask for them, I got the aces up my sleeve. Thanks, frimu.