TransferWise website - Access Denied!

Anyone else getting the error below message today? Didn't encounter this problem yesterday when I last accessed TW! Has the autonomous system number my IP address is in been singled out for some reason, and is there anything I can do about it?

Error 1005 Ray ID: 5b7be8420d9f632f • 2020-07-24 07:25:26 UTC

Access denied

What happened?

The owner of this website (transferwise.com) has banned the autonomous system number (ASN) your IP address is in (23969) from accessing this website.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 5b7be8420d9f632f  Your IP: 101.109.149.207  Performance & security by Cloudflare

36 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Turn your router off and on, that will probably change your IP address.

Didn't make any difference, I'm afraid. But thanks for the suggestion anyway. I have, however, managed to establish that it is almost certainly a ToT wifi issue because I have just been able to access the TW website OK (albeit slowly) via a tethering hotspot created on my AIS mobile.

@theoldgit - might you also be trying to access the website via a ToT router?

4 minutes ago, anon7854 said:

that is an automated ban by cloudflare.  i suggest you check your computer for viruses/trojans. Either you or someone that connected prior to you.

But strange that I only get this error message when trying to access the website via my ToT router but not when accessing it via a tethering hotspot on my AIS mobile, do you not agree?

they banned the entire network ( so restarting your router will not help you) 

hotspot uses a different ASN. I was suggesting to use a security software to eliminate the possibiliy of you being hacked or used as a "bot" by someone that got in your network. But that doesn't mean it's you. IT may have been others in the network that were caught by cloudflare as trying illegal activities. 

Edited by anon7854

Yep, same error for me if I connect here, I'm with TOT too.

Works fine connecting via NordVPN to Singapore.

Same problem connecting via the mobile app if I'm using the WiFi and TOT, if I switch WiFi off it works.

TW would appear to have blacklisted a block of TOT IP addresses.

Edited by Stocky

18 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Same problem connecting via the mobile app if I'm using the WiFi and TOT, if I switch WiFi off it works.

Same here, turned of the TOT WiFi and it worked on my phone with 4G.

Was just checking the rate, then forgot to look when it connected. ????

1 hour ago, Stocky said:

TW would appear to have blacklisted a block of TOT IP addresses..

32 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, it looks like they've blocked ToT en-bloc. I've never used TW but I can't access from my ToT fibre.

Below, for what little it may be worth, is the email which I've now sent to them, courtesy of my AIS mobile tethering hotspot. Deliberately typed in uppercase as I really wanted to shout my anger to them:-

PRECISELY ON WHAT GROUNDS HAS TRANSFERWISE SEEN FIT TO BLOCK ACCESS TO ITS WEBSITE VIA THE TOT INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER FROM THAILAND, PLEASE? TRANSFERWISE HAS GONE DOWN IN MY ESTIMATION IN 1 FELL SWOOP FROM 10/10 TO 0/10 SOLELY ON ACCOUNT OF THIS ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGEOUS AND APPALLING DECISION.

AT THE FOOT OF THIS EMAIL IS THE ERROR MESSAGE WHICH I AM NOW GETTING WHEN TRYING TO ACCESS YOUR WEBSITE.

YOURS IN EXTREME ANGER AND DISGUST

OJAS

Error 1005 Ray ID: 5b7be8420d9f632f • 2020-07-24 07:25:26 UTC

Access denied

What happened?

The owner of this website (transferwise.com) has banned the autonomous system number (ASN) your IP address is in (23969) from accessing this website.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 5b7be8420d9f632f • Your IP: 101.109.149.207 • Performance & security by Cloudflare

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Why on earth would TW block an ISP like TOT, what happens if they block 3BB, does that mean I can no longer use TW.

Surely TW have their own protection against hackers, so why block an ISP which only provides access?

Well as far as I am concerned TransferWise can take a running jump. I have nothing good to say about them now.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, OJAS said:

PRECISELY ON WHAT GROUNDS HAS TRANSFERWISE SEEN FIT TO BLOCK ACCESS TO ITS WEBSITE VIA THE TOT INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER

I am using TOT internet on my iPad safari is able to log on to the website and my account is available. The mobile apps are failing via TOT in the iPad and iPhone they have no problems using AIS.

If the message you sent is exactly as you show it is extremely rude to shout.

It looks like some kind of configuration problem with AIS and the mobile app.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

29 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Error 1005 Ray ID: 5b7be8420d9f632f • 2020-07-24 07:25:26 UTC

Access denied

What happened?

Cloudflare Ray ID: 5b7be8420d9f632f • Your IP: 101.109.149.207 • Performance & security by Cloudflare

That message has no actual meaning, other than “there’s a problem at the TransferWise end”

Just now, Kildonan said:

I have just registered with TW, for receiving into my Thai Bank account. They only required my account number,, but no BRANCH NUMBER. Does his affect the transfer in any way? Thanks in advance. 

Your account number includes the branch information 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Your account number includes the branch information 

OK txs, however on my bank book, the branch number is a different number,,on the left hand side of the page with Bangkok bank? 

52 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Below, for what little it may be worth, is the email which I've now sent to them, courtesy of my AIS mobile tethering hotspot.

And below is their reply received in double-quick time (although, as has subsequently been stated, everything now seems to be OK again)!

Dear OJAS,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

There is an ongoing technical issue with some of our users trying to use our website. We are already aware of the situation and we hope to have it resolved later in the day.

Please bear with us. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Should you have any more questions, please do get in touch with us.

Best regards

Edited by OJAS

7 minutes ago, Kildonan said:

OK txs, however on my bank book, the branch number is a different number,,on the left hand side of the page with Bangkok bank? 

I should have said that the account number is unique to you and includes all relevant information to get to you.

my Bangkok, Bangkok bank accounts have the branch number as the first numbers of the account number, my Udon account does not.