Visa run possible after the 26th of September ?

34 minutes ago, mydinco said:

I would like to know if it will be possible to do a visa run from september 26th onwards (to any neighbouring country such as Laos, Myanmar or Cambodia) in order to get a tourist visa OR a visa exemption ?...

So far no announcement by immigration or any other government agency has been made on this subject and no indication has been given when information about it will become available.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Oh my god! How is anybody going to be able to answer that?

Because you don't have an answer doesn't mean someone else can't help. Isn't it the whole point of a forum ?

5 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

Leaving is the easy thing, but returning is going to be your problem, unless something changes. Best to extend your Non O by putting money in the bank or an agent's pocket (or both).

Thank you. Afaik, Thailand is supposed to reopen to tourism in August, so there must be a way to enter Thailand as a tourist at some point.

I'm just trying to gather information here. what neighbouring countries are or will be open, what is required to do once we arrive in Thailand as a tourist, etc.

Basically, from being located in Thailand, how to become a thai tourist post-amnesty ?

22 minutes ago, mydinco said:

Because you don't have an answer doesn't mean someone else can't help. Isn't it the whole point of a forum ?

Yes, it´s the whole point with the forum. However, it´s not only me that do not have the answer. I can 100% guarantee you that nobody can give you answer on your questions. If somebody try to do, it will only be an assumption based on a lot of guesses.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, popularnow said:

If this kind of (stupid) answer is a way to find a purpose in your life, I'm really sorry for you. But please stop spamming the forum and go somewhere else.

He has probably given that answer because there have been several threads asking the same, and no-one can answer but Thai Immigration themselves.

But as for opinions, there are many and probably not want you want to hear. 

Going by the announcement made, they are urging the Non-O classes to apply for yearly extensions.

This means that the multiple entry Non-O holders that were doing border runs will be forced to stump up the money (or satisfy whatever requirement they DIDNT have) to qualify for a yearly extension, be it retirement, marriage or whatever.  

In Thai immigrations eyes, they have already given folks a way out.

And If people dont qualify, its not Immigrations fault.

Nearly all countries take that sort of tough non negotiable approach on that. 

This will probably be used as a convenient way of ending border runs.

I believe they will make adjustments and will do "in country" processing of ED and work permit and stuff like that.

In any case, it is not clear if/when borders will open.

Sadly, If you are on ME tourist Visa, or something that requires border runs to keep yourself in Thailand, it might come down to using an agent..or going home

Considering that VIETNAM has just recently sparked panic as it announced it could be about to face a potentially more contagious strain of coronavirus in the country after new cases in city Da Nang, I'm going to make a prediction and say that the Thai government are going to quickly walk-back from their optimistic September re-opening statement and postpone it until the end of the year. It's only a prediction, mind, but it's looking increasingly likely. Especially with the WHO now claiming that the virus is "accelerating" and warning that the pandemic is not going to go away anytime soon. Buckle up, it's going to be a long ride.

34 minutes ago, mydinco said:

Thank you. Afaik, Thailand is supposed to reopen to tourism in August, so there must be a way to enter Thailand as a tourist at some point.

I'm just trying to gather information here. what neighbouring countries are or will be open, what is required to do once we arrive in Thailand as a tourist, etc.

Basically, from being located in Thailand, how to become a thai tourist post-amnesty ?

let's assume you are correct and Thailand reopen to tourism in August (wishful thinking 555) what about the other countries whereby you intend/want/would like to go, are they open?..... go down the street, make a left and at the corner there is a fortune teller, good luck

It's difficult to find reliable information online, I read everything and its contrary but from what you guys are answering me right now, I'd better be prepared to go back home or find a way to make a new visa directly from Thailand. ????

• Thanks 1

Just now, mydinco said:

It's difficult to find reliable information online, I read everything and its contrary but from what you guys are answering me right now, I'd better be prepared to go back home or find a way to make a new visa directly from Thailand. ????

they are you best options, pick one

16 minutes ago, mydinco said:

If Thailand and a neighboring country did a agreement to open some border crossing it might happen before flights are allowed into the country.

Just now, Fromas said:

On the slim chance that tourism opens up in the last quarter of 2020, locations and itineraries will be tightly controlled. I don't imagine you want to come back like this even if you could.

I agree. With recent events in HK, Vietnam (Danang), China Australia (Melbourne). Along with worldwide spikes, I don't even understand how people imagine borders will open October. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I agree. With recent events in HK, Vietnam (Danang), China Australia (Melbourne). Along with worldwide spikes, I don't even understand how people imagine borders will open October. 

True. Those recent outbreaks in countries that were once mentioned as travel bubble candidates probably mean that not even "bubble travel" will be possible anytime soon.

Edited by Caldera
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, it´s the whole point with the forum. However, it´s not only me that do not have the answer. I can 100% guarantee you that nobody can give you answer on your questions. If somebody try to do, it will only be an assumption based on a lot of guesses.

Not true. I went to a fortune teller and he assured me his answer is 100% accurate. He said there is some small chance the world will go back to old normal on 26th September 2020, and a big chance it won't. 

• Haha 1

Many would like to know the answer to that question but the reality is that any response would be as speculative as predicting next weeks lottery numbers. If your intent on stopping there are a number of agencies advertising options. It may cost money but at least it will put your mind at ease.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like the borders are somewhat opening up.

In an effort to boost the economy, the Cabinet approved a plan by the National Security Council to ease border lockdowns, according to Narumon Pinyosinwat, a government spokeswoman. The NSC plan calls for medical tourists, trade exhibition attendees and foreign film crews to be granted visas. Also, more than 100,000 migrant workers from nearby Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos will be allowed entry.

Bloomberg: Thailand Extends State of Emergency for Fourth Time to Curb Covid-19.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-07-29/thailand-extends-state-of-emergency-to-aug-31-to-curb-covid-19

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Thailand is certainly not going to open to tourism in August.

image.png.e7c261a55e4b7e6ec7a6169763483ba8.png

Source: https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

"The information is correct to the best of IATA's knowledge...."

Looks like we have seen the limit of IATA's knowledge. About 30,000 aircrews have passed immigration each in April and May.

The passenger part they got mostly correct.

Unless there are huge Covid-19 outbreaks in Thailand (which I sincerely hope does not happen) Thailand is going to maintain somewhat strict border controls in the hopes of keeping the virus out. As ever in Thailand, money and influence will override regulations aimed at keeping Thailand safe to some degree, but fully open borders with any neighbouring country in September is almost inconceivable. As others have opined, the prospect of travel bubbles with selected countries has sadly receded with recent outbreaks in previously Covid-19 free countries. While nothing is certain (and even Prayut cannot tell you what will happen) the prospects of Thailand reopening to unrestricted tourism within the next few months is extremely slim.

1 hour ago, dblh said:

Almost 2 months time to buy a ticket and go home. Plenty of options to get out. Coming back in uncertainty. Or just pay money to agent and stay in here. Nothing wrong with that.

What can we expect from "agents" ? what kind of visa can they provide and what would the cost be? Just curious.

18 hours ago, mydinco said:

I would like to know if it will be possible to do a visa run from september 26th onwards (to any neighbouring country such as Laos, Myanmar or Cambodia) in order to get a tourist visa OR a visa exemption ?

Only if borders are open... you're asking for an answer to which no-one has a clue.

But one thing to remember, if borders are open to neighbouring countries later in September you may face the nightmare of all the re-entry requirements, paper-work and quarantine to come back into Thailand, not to mention requirements to enter their country !

A quick border hop as it was is a thing of the past !

Sometimes I despair about the idiocy of some questions aked on here. Do people not know how to read newspapers, internet articles, government statements etc etc? How is anyone to know anything other that what the government already said ???? 

• Thanks 1

In the words of Edward James Olmos, in a memorable 80’s recruitment campaign, you need to “Reach For The Power, Teach”. ????

You could walk into nearly any school right now, they’ll want you to start teaching immediately, and will get started on your Non-B, which I’ve heard are now being fast tracked due to the pressures of the education ministry.