Is it ever going to rain?

Brunolem

Anyone needs rain pm me.

For a modest fee to cover expenses etc I will come to your address , wash and wax my car, buff up the tyre sidewalls, and hoover the interior.

On completion of above I can guarantee heavy rain and muddy roads within 24 hours.

Caveat, you will be required to sign a disclaimer exonerating me of any liability should local flooding occur.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Brunolem said:

It seems I just had to complain...2 big and long showers already this afternoon in my amphoe in Sisaket...keep it coming, but not too much at a time, otherwise the ground doesn't have the time to absorb the water...especially hard and dry as it is...

I'll send a req. ???? 

21 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Did you not get the memo?  Today and for the next 4 days heavy rain everywhere according to government weather service.

Certainly bucketed down in Phuket yesterday all day and most of the night.

10 hours ago, trucking said:

Anyone needs rain pm me.

For a modest fee to cover expenses etc I will come to your address , wash and wax my car, buff up the tyre sidewalls, and hoover the interior.

On completion of above I can guarantee heavy rain and muddy roads within 24 hours.

Caveat, you will be required to sign a disclaimer exonerating me of any liability should local flooding occur.

I always say to the wife ,if there is a God he watches  you ,because as soon as you wash the car it bloody rains.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chicowoodduck said:

Geez, want rock have you been living under?  Here in Pattaya we get rain almost everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.....????????????????????

But just look at you - obviously not enough.  ????

14 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I always say to the wife ,if there is a God he watches  you ,because as soon as you wash the car it bloody rains.

I can say that he watches me more than anyone else on the planet.

It has been pretty dry here for a while and we were having our drive repaired 5 days ago.  As soon as the CPAC cement truck turned up and started to pour 3500 bahts worth of cement mix the skys opened and an absolute deluge of water fell for 30 minutes.

He must have bust a gut laughing.

3.jpg

1.jpg

19 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Looking at this ventusky map, at least 50% of Thailand is getting f...all rain.

We seem to define 50% differently - in my view only about 20% of country (confined to NorthEast and border regions).   But agree more than yesterday.

image.png.4d5fb31e569add9613f19e0c7ab5c758.png

Edited by lopburi3
Correct percentage
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Looking at this ventusky map, at least 50% of Thailand is getting f...all rain.

Yep.. that is typical of these pacific storms that come in with the NE monsoon.. they tend to come across from the Philippines.. head west to Danang in Vietnam.. then head north west into China..  Thailand is usually just on the edge of them.. as in this one.  Occasionally one comes straight across into Thailand .. when one does we get torrential rain.. as has happened a few times over the last few years..  Eg.. the floods of 2011 and several times since that caused a lot of flooding here in the north east.. and Ubon Ratichani.. where it all ends up on its way to the Mekong.. A mixed blessing.. it fills the dams left dry by the decline of the south west monsoon.. but causes very destructive flooding..  Thats climate change for you..  It is warming oceans that drive this change.. I don't see any big storms behind this on at the moment.. but early days.. now is the time the NE monsoon usually kicks in..https://www.ventusky.com/?p=15.3;116.0;4&l=rain-3h

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Laza 45 said:

Yep.. that is typical of these pacific storms that come in with the NE monsoon.. they tend to come across from the Philippines.. head west to Danang in Vietnam.. then head north west into China..  Thailand is usually just on the edge of them.. as in this one.  Occasionally one comes straight across into Thailand .. when one does we get torrential rain.. as has happened a few times over the last few years..  Eg.. the floods of 2011 and several times since that caused a lot of flooding here in the north east.. and Ubon Ratichani.. where it all ends up on its way to the Mekong.. A mixed blessing.. it fills the dams left dry by the decline of the south west monsoon.. but causes very destructive flooding..  Thats climate change for you..  It is warming oceans that drive this change.. I don't see any big storms behind this on at the moment.. but early days.. now is the time the NE monsoon usually kicks in..https://www.ventusky.com/?p=15.3;116.0;4&l=rain-3h

Please stop. The NE Monsoon starts in November. Typhoon season April - December.

3 hours ago, trucking said:

I can say that he watches me more than anyone else on the planet.

It has been pretty dry here for a while and we were having our drive repaired 5 days ago.  As soon as the CPAC cement truck turned up and started to pour 3500 bahts worth of cement mix the skys opened and an absolute deluge of water fell for 30 minutes.

He must have bust a gut laughing.

3.jpg

1.jpg

Sorry about that!

28 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Please stop. The NE Monsoon starts in November. Typhoon season April - December.

Nope..  SE monsoon usually starts in May and the NE monsoon (Typhoon season if you like) generally starts in August.. dry cools season usually starts in late September to February..  I am talking about NE Thailand which is what this thread is about.  In the south it is different.. 

Lots of information if you have a look at this link.. far to much for me to condense it here.. https://www.google.com/search?q=when+does+the+south+west+mosnoon+start+in+thailand&rlz=1C1GGRV_enTH748TH748&oq=when+does+the+south+west+mosnoon+start+in+thailand&aqs=chrome..69i57.17394j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

47 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

Nope..  SE monsoon usually starts in May and the NE monsoon (Typhoon season if you like) generally starts in August.. dry cools season usually starts in late September to February..  I am talking about NE Thailand which is what this thread is about.  In the south it is different.. 

Lots of information if you have a look at this link.. far to much for me to condense it here.. https://www.google.com/search?q=when+does+the+south+west+mosnoon+start+in+thailand&rlz=1C1GGRV_enTH748TH748&oq=when+does+the+south+west+mosnoon+start+in+thailand&aqs=chrome..69i57.17394j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

The south is different. But I'm not talking about that. You have obviously convinced yourself but you might want to have a read of this if you have second thoughts:

https://www.tmd.go.th/en/archive/thailand_climate.pdf

By the way the SW Monsoon commenced in May. There is no SE Monsoon, as such.

Edited by nauseus

8 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The south is different. But I'm not talking about that. You have obviously convinced yourself but you might want to have a read of this if you have second thoughts:

https://www.tmd.go.th/en/archive/thailand_climate.pdf

By the way the SW Monsoon commenced in May. There is no SE Monsoon, as such.

I've lived in Isaan for 14 years now.. I base what I say on my observations over the years and from research over that time. 

You are right no SE monsoon.. that was a typo..

Where do you live?

2 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

I've lived in Isaan for 14 years now.. I base what I say on my observations over the years and from research over that time. 

You are right no SE monsoon.. that was a typo..

Where do you live?

I'll tell you after you have completed your research! ????️

Twelve years just south of Hua Hin and east of Pran Buri and this is a dry monsoon for us so far.  July and August are usually drier months.  AccuWeather is showing heavy rains in northern Laos and into Northeast Thailand.  We live only 60 or so miles west of Sattahip.  Those storms hitting that area have not made it into our area.  I find that posting your storm and heavy rain on Facebook is a good way to track over the years.  You get those updates going back years so this helps to refresh our memory.

Terry

On 7/31/2020 at 5:52 PM, bkk6060 said:

Oh really?

Hmmm.  When I was there last year it poured everday.

Certainly seems odd your post as the rainfall the past 3 years is the highest in 10.

15961926558375825560186158315961.jpg

Buriram is a big province. Some areas fared better, some left dry. You may have been up here at a lucky spot or a good week last year. Certainly in my area it got better only in the last month. Unfortunately too late for some as their crops are dead. The family makes around 100-150 k baht from the rice on their 18 rai a good year. 2 years ago it was down to 50k, last year was 80k. The national tv was full of Buriram 2 months ago about the water shortages. I and almost every neighbour had to get a well drilled as the government water supply was non existent.