Vaccine -- Will you take it or not?

Scott

Vaccine -- Will you take it or not?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, johnnysunshine said:

For you 51.6% who answered :

"Yes, but only if it proven to be safe and effective"

Who will you trust to determine that it is safe...some fake scientist?

If your determination is incorrect, we may never see you again...I hope your life was wonderful!

In the previous thread by Yinn discussed that 1 out of 6 Brits would refuse the vaccine. Since 2/3rds of posters here appear to be Brits the numbers appear the same. Seems to be a very sceptical bunch, but I think others have less issues. It will most likely be required so better chose which one A,B ,or C you want. I assume it will be injected (not a nose spray like new flu vaccines) so best not to show a fear of needles. However, with a pretty Thai nurse I'm sure there is zero pain.

6 hours ago, KohKood said:

And here you have a scientific study that proves than unvaccinated children are generally more healthy than vaccinated children:

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/2050312120925344

That study doesn't "prove" anything of the sort. It claims to show unvaccinated children are more healthy but as stated in the analysis below, uses an unrepresentative sample, flawed methodology and highly biased methods.

Significant methodological flaws in 2020 study

The basic summary of the analysis states that:

Large-scale, reputable studies have not found a greater incidence of adverse health outcomes in vaccinated children compared to unvaccinated children. A significant problem with the single study cited in this claim is its failure to control for differences between vaccinated and unvaccinated children, such as healthcare-seeking behavior, which can factor into health outcomes. Furthermore, the study used patient data from handpicked pediatric clinics only, which are not representative of the general population.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

That study doesn't "prove" anything of the sort. It claims to show unvaccinated children are more healthy but as stated in the analysis below, uses an unrepresentative sample, flawed methodology and highly biased methods.

Significant methodological flaws in 2020 study

The basic summary of the analysis states that:

Very well done. 

On 8/9/2020 at 10:20 AM, Bender Rodriguez said:

never took flu vaccine, never plan to take a "new" rushed vaccine for the 58 deaths here in thailand

I took a flu vaccine once and was terrible ill from it

Have read into flu vaccine since only 40 to 50 % effective

• Thanks 2

On 8/9/2020 at 11:57 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

I hope everybody who refuses a vaccine will get a red sign on their head: Stay away from me!

people who get jabbed having nothing to fear from those who do not

an effective vaccine protects them from the virus..at least thats the theory....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, checkered flag said:

It will probably be required to travel and/or stay in Thailand. Then what?

Then what will they do with someone here who refuse the vaccine? 

If I am here in Thailand how can they deport me if you need the vaccine to enter other counties? Will be in limbo. 

2 hours ago, noosard said:

I took a flu vaccine once and was terrible ill from it

Have read into flu vaccine since only 40 to 50 % effective

Such serious reactions are very rare. Nothing in life is without risk. I think that effective rate is probably true. So what? 

56 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Because  this virus has a significantly higher case fatality rate than seasonal flu and also many survivors have suffered permanent damage to their hearts, brains, lungs, and kidneys. 

Fatality rate isn't a big deal; just kind of a super flu level that selects mostly the weakest. And of course all sorts of complications and permanent damage can happen to anyone from the normal flu or other day to day things we are exposed to or even the vaccine itself. I could care less about a vaccine and absolutely do not want any part of it.

Edited by canopy

20 minutes ago, canopy said:

Fatality rate isn't a big deal; just kind of a super flu level that selects mostly the weakest. And of course all sorts of complications and permanent damage can happen to anyone from the normal flu or other day to day things we are exposed to or even the vaccine itself. I could care less about a vaccine and absolutely do not want any part of it.

You're wrong. The potential complications for Covid-19 survivors are much different than flus. But do what you want. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, canopy said:

Probably best not to plan on doing any international travel in the next few years then

• Like 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

If I was a betting man, I'd wager the odds for a mandated vaccination required for any foreigner wishing to process a yearly extension to stay would be sure odds.

And it has to come from CCP, of course. They should name it.. "The Great Mao Jab". Comes with instant re-education included.

On 8/9/2020 at 11:20 AM, CGW said:

Below is "interesting" probably why news that Hydroxychloroquine works as a cure in a lot of cases and zinc and other vitamins work for prevention are considered "fake news" by the MSM"

Knowing what some of the ingredients are in a vaccine, personally I can't see how anyone could be so desperate, MCR-5 being just one of the delightful ingredients. 

2020-08-09 11_18_58-.png

You managed to work in "MSM" and "follow the money" into this post. You just needed to include "Big Pharma", (or "sheeple" would have been acceptable), to win the Tin Foil Hat Trifecta. Better luck next time and please play again!

Edited by brucec64
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Then what will they do with someone here who refuse the vaccine? 

If I am here in Thailand how can they deport me if you need the vaccine to enter other counties? Will be in limbo. 

The following is my opinion - I have no evidence for it:

I think that vaccinations will be needed to get and / or extend visas.

For those of us outside Thailand it'll be simple - no vac no visa - next.

WE will then have to decide based on prevailing evidence, whether we want to travel or not - simple!

For those inside Thailand it'll be - no vac no extension so if you refuse you'll potentially be on overstay and sent to IDP before being deported to whatever country issued your passport or your country of citizenship. That country has to accept you even if they immediately put you in quarantine or arrest you but when you arrive there it'll cease to be Thailand's problem. 

Edited by VBF
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Because  this virus has a significantly higher case fatality rate than seasonal flu and also many survivors have suffered permanent damage to their hearts, brains, lungs, and kidneys. 

who says? mainstream media? ask why autopsy in the deceased is forbidden ? go figure.

1 minute ago, A512 said:

who says? mainstream media? ask why autopsy in the deceased is forbidden ? go figure.

Ignore MSM if you wish (I agree it's suspect) but take a look at publications like The Lancet, or British Heart Foundation both well respected sources...and there are many others.

Or....ask doctors yourself, in private.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VBF said:

The following is my opinion - I have no evidence for it:

I think that vaccinations will be needed to get and / or extend visas.

For those of us outside Thailand it'll be simple - no vac no visa - next.

WE will then have to decide based on prevailing evidence, whether we want to travel or not - simple!

For those inside Thailand it'll be - no vac no extension so if you refuse you'll potentially be on overstay and sent to IDP before being deported to whatever country issued your passport. That country has to accept you even if they immediately put you in quarantine or arrest you but when you arrive there it'll cease to be Thailand's problem. 

I would proudly overstay and become a ghost in your scenario, the other option is death anyway. authorities will be surprised when the time comes, the man force will be small to stop everyone, see the civil war in the horizon.

remarks: hypothetically speaking I am not breaking any laws saying that, then no need to rise an eyebrow mods.

13 hours ago, KohKood said:

For any uneducated person, far away from reality, that laughed at me because I said that there are already programs that will make sure everyone on this <deleted> earth will get the COVID(CertificateOfVaccinationIdentificationDocument)-vaccine, I attached the picture.

I would kindly request a reaction to that, that includes more than a „tinfoil-wearing conspiracy theorist“-comment

68811BCC-72E8-4400-8DE6-4A1B3913EC2F.jpeg

Highly selective screen grab of the article in question, I suggest anyone who was taken in by this to read the full piece https://hbr.org/2020/04/a-covid-19-vaccine-will-need-equitable-global-distribution

So aside from the millions of unidentified people where the only way to keep track of the vaccine distribution would be to deploy biometric ID's then for the rest of us things become much less clear.

With the unknown length of immunity? Will the vaccine be needed every year worst case scenario, and how immunity from the vaccine affects different people and age groups. The millions who have had the virus and have immunity when will they need to take a vaccine if they ever do? 

I think the more urgent requirement rather than a vaccine certificate, passport or whatever is instead proof of immunity. I refined antibody test that is as accurate as possible is needed and result within seconds, minutes. This could be used for travel, the kits could be kept by the consumer to use when needed, or the results could be put in the certificate or passport. Far more important than just information that you've had a vaccine.

Just my thoughts...........

Edited by Bkk Brian