TAT deputy governor dashes hopes of 2020 reopening for Thailand’s international borders

webfact

22 hours ago, PatOngo said:

I have tried on numerous occasions but total denial and silence is her proffered answer!

BS 

I not answer because “off topic” this thread.

Here...

Meanwhile the sports and Tourism minister is drawing up entry plans for Tourists to be implemented for the Island destinations..lol..

webfact posted a topic in Thailand News: Tourism and Sports Ministry proposes opening islands to foreign tourists
2 hours ago

Edited by Sharp

On 8/10/2020 at 7:36 AM, pookondee said:

I didnt think any other country would ever match the sheer stupidity, manic paranoia and absolute dictatorial nanny state abuse of its "sheeple" than that of my own home country.

Amazing Thailand: quickly looking like the lost identical twin of Australia.

Look at Australia there are more cases now than when it started. I don't think that's paranoia fact.

14 hours ago, recycler said:

Thailand is killing it's middle class, the ultra rich families who's businesses are little or not affected will pick up the pieces for almost nothing in a few months. Great idea of the government to ask them for advice on how to run this covid19 situation...

The WEF Great Economic Reset Plan

Its the battle in the USA Nationalism v Globalism now, the plan is to transfer wealth into Globalist Billionaires, most American billionaires are oligarchs same as in Thailand, COVID is a game plan for future disenfranchisement of citizens , ensuring global statism.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

The only stupidity   currently on show in Australia now are the covidiots of Melbourne who have put their country on the brink of disaster with their behavior. You may be dismissive of the 19  deaths and 322 new cases for Victoria reported today, but it is a gruesome warning for countries like Thailand. Why would Thailand wish to allow selfish irresponsible covidiots into the country? Things were going well for Australia, but a core group just had to ruin it for everyone. 

Thailand is prudent and protecting its people  from the invasion of disease carriers from the UK, Italy, Russia, India USA and others.   Few countries  have shown that their populations are responsible , or mature enough to entrust them with the freedom of international travel. I know how many tourists behave and there is no point in  asking them to be responsible because they are incapable of doing so. Instead of blaming Thailand, go and hold your countrymen accountable for being selfish prats.

More perspective is needed , with a touch of sanity and life.

To lockdown the country will result in more deaths,

Please beware that Australians die at a rate over 10,000+ per month of disease , (diabetes , cancer, cardiovascular, influenza and so forth) , this is healthcare, or lifestyle, too lockdown a country of 25 million for a death of up to 313 is actually putting people in harms way

With 95% dying in hospital with COVID over 65+ years with co morbidities is actually quite normal, people need to start living again and face the 0.2% CDC death rate as a fact of living with the virus , Govts need to start and then be made accountable for their negligence

NO FEAR , JUST FACT  and PRO LIFE

• Like 2

20 hours ago, paulikens said:

as usual someone from the thai tourism industry not bothered about it, seem quite happy that there shut, i cant believe the reaction from the thai tourism industry, in any other country there tourism industry would be up in arms and putting pressure on the government to open up but not thailand tourism, are they that lazy they would rather lose millions of pounds than do some work.  unreal reaction 

THEY will not loose anything!

THEY have their secure posts, with fantasy titles and shovel budgets from one treasure chest into another!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, hobz said:

I bet 98% of the people here that are complaining about overreaction was complaining about the lack of action back in january/february ... 

Back then it was "The thai government is too greedy, they will do anything for the tourist revenue, they don't care about how many people die from the virus" 

Now it's "The thai government doesn't care about the tourist revenue, they just care about the covid-numbers" 

apples and oranges

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Geordie59 said:

I'm more interested in when they will let those on NON O visas based on retirement back in. Many of us have lived in Thailand for years contributing to the economy, owning properties etc that we can't get back to now.

I'm in a similar boat. Do you think they give a rats toss?

9 hours ago, gearbox said:

I guess they are waiting/hoping for vaccines. A few vaccines from China/UK/US are in stage 3 trials, and some results will be announced in a month or two.  Finishing phase 3 trials successfully means that the vaccine is likely to be approved and mass production can start.

And is not only them waiting.

russia will begin vaccinating doctors and teachers.........tomorrow.

mass innoculations to begin in october.

vaccines to be free of charge.

haha!  take that, big pharma!

https://www.firstpost.com/health/russia-launch-worlds-first-covid-19-vaccine-tomorrow-12-august-need-know-8679581.html

Edited by ChouDoufu

On 8/10/2020 at 2:22 PM, FarFlungFalang said:

The flu is still 30-50 times more deadly than covid-19,remember the 1918 pandemic? 

No !! I don't remember the pandemic of 1918 - do you ?? For me I'll gladly take the common flu any day.

As I  have a severe allergy to being in a wooden box like the 1000 / per day that are buried in USA as a result of CO-19. Politely - your ideas  are rather far flung for me and many on here.

Edited by Bangkocker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

The only stupidity   currently on show in Australia now are the covidiots of Melbourne who have put their country on the brink of disaster with their behavior. You may be dismissive of the 19  deaths and 322 new cases for Victoria reported today, but it is a gruesome warning for countries like Thailand. Why would Thailand wish to allow selfish irresponsible covidiots into the country? Things were going well for Australia, but a core group just had to ruin it for everyone. 

Thailand is prudent and protecting its people  from the invasion of disease carriers from the UK, Italy, Russia, India USA and others.   Few countries  have shown that their populations are responsible , or mature enough to entrust them with the freedom of international travel. I know how many tourists behave and there is no point in  asking them to be responsible because they are incapable of doing so. Instead of blaming Thailand, go and hold your countrymen accountable for being selfish prats.

People from Victoria are known for being intelligent

On 8/10/2020 at 4:42 AM, Mung said:

If his prediction is correct, I wouldn't be surprised at all. It's a gross overreaction at this point, and Thailand needs to learn how to live with this virus just like most of the other countries have. Either they don't understand this or they don't have the capacity, resources and facilities to handle domestic infections 

Its not only Thailand other countries are looking at mid 2021 time frame and Airlines back to some sort of normality 2023, a vaccine in another six months, if you're lucky.

2 hours ago, Bangkocker said:

No !! I don't remember the pandemic of 1918 - do you ?? For me I'll gladly take the common flu any day.

As I  have a severe allergy to being in a wooden box like the 1000 / per day that are buried in USA as a result of CO-19. Politely - your ideas  are rather far flung for me and many on here.

Yes well done I'll pay the far flung comment!Unfortunately your destined for the wooden box as are we all but I respect your aversion to it being caused by Covid-19 and here's a little excerpt from wikipedia about the Spanish flu.Please note that like this present pandemic the Spanish flu was new at the time.

As the "common flu" as you call it disproportionately kills the very young and the very old I think it's worse than just killing the very old that covid-19 does but that's just my far flung opinion.Why are the very young that are killed by the "common flu" not worth a similar effort to save?Do you not care enough about the very young victims of the "common flu" to make the same sacrifices you are prepared to make for the covid-19 victims as they are all victims?

The Spanish flu, also known as the 1918 flu pandemic, was an unusually deadly influenza pandemic caused by the H1N1 influenza A virus. Lasting from February 1918 to April 1920, it infected 500 million people–about a third of the world's population at the time–in four successive waves. The death toll is typically estimated to have been somewhere between 17 million and 50 million, making it one of the deadliest pandemics in human history.[4]

Most influenza outbreaks disproportionately kill the very young and the very old, with a higher survival rate for those in between, but the Spanish flu pandemic resulted in a higher than expected mortality rate for young adults.[5

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Yes well done I'll pay the far flung comment!Unfortunately your destined for the wooden box as are we all but I respect your aversion to it being caused by Covid-19 and here's a little excerpt from wikipedia about the Spanish flu.Please note that like this present pandemic the Spanish flu was new at the time.

As the "common flu" as you call it disproportionately kills the very young and the very old I think it's worse than just killing the very old that covid-19 does but that's just my far flung opinion.Why are the very young that are killed by the "common flu" not worth a similar effort to save?Do you not care enough about the very young victims of the "common flu" to make the same sacrifices you are prepared to make for the covid-19 victims as they are all victims?

The Spanish flu, also known as the 1918 flu pandemic, was an unusually deadly influenza pandemic caused by the H1N1 influenza A virus. Lasting from February 1918 to April 1920, it infected 500 million people–about a third of the world's population at the time–in four successive waves. The death toll is typically estimated to have been somewhere between 17 million and 50 million, making it one of the deadliest pandemics in human history.[4]

Most influenza outbreaks disproportionately kill the very young and the very old, with a higher survival rate for those in between, but the Spanish flu pandemic resulted in a higher than expected mortality rate for young adults.[5

Glad you are accepting of my witticisms but, albeit interesting; Wikipedia is NOT a medical journal. The pandemic you talk about is ancient (historically over 100 years ago). A time when there were very few modern medicines available to ameliorate the side effects of that pandemic. Fast forward 100 years and we have a multitude of interventional drugs and procedures. Such as antivirals and endotracheal intubation to prolong life. In any case we are seeing 1000 people die DAILY. Can you please take this in? This pandemic is real and if you equate it and trivialise and state that the flu knocks off more people annually  - that may or may not be the case. Open your mind and visualise 1000 people in coffins every day (as a direct result of CO-19) - the likes of which the world has not seen. What are you getting out of this poppycock. Are you that desperate to see your woman over in Thailand and feel frustrated?? What message are you attempting to relate to us ignorant people that we haven't grasped. OR more likely YOU haven't yet grasped.

Edited by Bangkocker
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bangkocker said:

Glad you are accepting of my witticisms but, albeit interesting; Wikipedia is NOT a medical journal. The pandemic you talk about is ancient (historically over 100 years ago). A time when there were very few modern medicines available to ameliorate the side effects of that pandemic. Fast forward 100 years and we have a multitude of interventional drugs and procedures. Such as antivirals and endotracheal intubation to prolong life. In any case we are seeing 1000 people die DAILY. Can you please take this in? This pandemic is real and if you equate it and trivialise and state that the flu knocks off more people annually  - that may or may not be the case. Open your mind and visualise 1000 people in coffins every day (as a direct result of CO-19) - the likes of which the world has not seen. What are you getting out of this poppycock. Are you that desperate to see your woman over in Thailand and feel frustrated?? What message are you attempting to relate to us ignorant people that we haven't grasped. OR more likely YOU haven't yet grasped.

The message I'm trying to get across is the rather than trying to trivialise this virus (which is not my intention) but that the flu is just as devastating for the the victims has been around a lot longer and has many times the number of fatalities over it's history and shares many similar attributes and even with all the advancements in medical ameliorations,to borrow your term,is still just as deadly and should therefore be just as deserving of a similar effort as is afforded to the present pandemic.I hear so many say "imagine the 1000's of coffins" and my retort is "imagine the 400,000 coffins each and every year for the past 100 years".Do you get my drift now?

Also imagine if the same effort was made to save the precious lives of flu victims each and every year?We would be well and truly up that oft mentioned odorous creek without a propulsion device economically speaking. It seems to me to be slightly hypocritical to save the lives of some but not all especially when considering the disproportional amount of young that die from the "common flu",just because it's "common" doesn't in my opinion make it less deserving of equal opportunities!Some people seem to be trivialising the flu but I won't mention who that might be as that's not what I'm about.I thank you for recognising that my ideas are "far flung" I honestly take that as a compliment,so cheers.

To say it in a few less words I think the response is disproportional.I feel the discussion must take place so thanks for the opportunity to do so.I am open minded about it all and if see a valid argument against my far flungness I do in fact take it in it's how I learn.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

The message I'm trying to get across is the rather than trying to trivialise this virus (which is not my intention) but that the flu is just as devastating for the the victims has been around a lot longer and has many times the number of fatalities over it's history and shares many similar attributes and even with all the advancements in medical ameliorations,to borrow your term,is still just as deadly and should therefore be just as deserving of a similar effort as is afforded to the present pandemic.I hear so many say "imagine the 1000's of coffins" and my retort is "imagine the 400,000 coffins each and every year for the past 100 years".Do you get my drift now?

Also imagine if the same effort was made to save the precious lives of flu victims each and every year?We would be well and truly up that oft mentioned odorous creek without a propulsion device economically speaking. It seems to me to be slightly hypocritical to save the lives of some but not all especially when considering the disproportional amount of young that die from the "common flu",just because it's "common" doesn't in my opinion make it less deserving of equal opportunities!Some people seem to be trivialising the flu but I won't mention who that might be as that's not what I'm about.I thank you for recognising that my ideas are "far flung" I honestly take that as a compliment,so cheers.

To say it in a few less words I think the response is disproportional.

I think medical science do take the common flu seriously. I am far from an expert but I believe the flu vaccine that is taken each year is worked on full time because it is a constantly mutating virus and they need to keep adjusting the vaccine to try and maximise it's effectiveness every year.. The flu is here to stay, that's why we vaccine the vulnerable each year, especially the old, the diabetics and people who are sick with compromised immune systems. I am a diabetic and I am given the flu vaccine. I had the flu once in my life, I was in my 20's and i couldn't lift my arms off the bedsheets. Many people catch a nasty cold and think they have the flu but the flu is completely different, i only realise because i caught it once,,, at the time i cycled to work every day and i was fit and healthy so i recovered just fine but i fully understand why the older and weaker members of society will suffer. i think we have to hope we create an effective vaccine and erradicate covid,, it may be it is here to stay and there will be millions of vaccinations every year,,, however ask yourself this,how many times do you get the flu,,, the real flu not a common cold? i think the answer is very rarely. i have had it one in my entire life and many people i know have never had it,, so once we have a vaccine we can all stop worrying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

To say it in a few less words I think the response is disproportional.I feel the discussion must take place so thanks for the opportunity to do so.I am open minded about it all and if see a valid argument against my far flungness I do in fact take it in it's how I learn.

You habitually and incessantly bring up the seriousness of the flu - and somehow you feel we are neglectful as to not include it into the overall death rate stats. As if they are somehow mutually exclusive. My friend we are not talking about the flu, or heart disease or cancer or diabetes or the 1919 pandemic .... or.... or..... We are talking about the seriousness of the Covid-19 pandemic. A pandemic that has extinguished over 500,000+ lives. Of course all illnesses are deserving of attention but at the moment CO-19 is causing great economic and personal grief - globally. It is extremely contagious and spreads very rapidly and challenges the life support systems in hospitals. When was the last time you heard that in America, undertakers are digging 1000 graves for people that have died of the flu - in a single day - N E V E R

Why are you being so magnanimous now about saving lives of the young, old or middle aged. You still haven't explained why you are so invested in this notion. You are very blinkered and really haven't taken in what a catastrophe this pandemic is. I'm thinking you just like to talk for the sake of talking. I'm sorry - you just don't make any sense. Bye now. I won't respond. Finished mate.

16 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

I think medical science do take the common flu seriously. I am far from an expert but I believe the flu vaccine that is taken each year is worked on full time because it is a constantly mutating virus and they need to keep adjusting the vaccine to try and maximise it's effectiveness every year.. The flu is here to stay, that's why we vaccine the vulnerable each year, especially the old, the diabetics and people who are sick with compromised immune systems. I am a diabetic and I am given the flu vaccine. I had the flu once in my life, I was in my 20's and i couldn't lift my arms off the bedsheets. Many people catch a nasty cold and think they have the flu but the flu is completely different, i only realise because i caught it once,,, at the time i cycled to work every day and i was fit and healthy so i recovered just fine but i fully understand why the older and weaker members of society will suffer. i think we have to hope we create an effective vaccine and erradicate covid,, it may be it is here to stay and there will be millions of vaccinations every year,,, however ask yourself this,how many times do you get the flu,,, the real flu not a common cold? i think the answer is very rarely. i have had it one in my entire life and many people i know have never had it,, so once we have a vaccine we can all stop worrying.

I totally agree.Another point about the flu is it apparently mutates much faster than the corona virus but I can easily scare myself by thinking if a corona virus with Sars Cov 2 infectivity with a Sars Cov 1 or Mers fatality rate came along.Would that justify the conspiracy theory that this is a practice run?Even without the conspiracy theory I believe it will be a valuable lesson learnt.

5 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

russia will begin vaccinating doctors and teachers.........tomorrow.

mass innoculations to begin in october.

vaccines to be free of charge.

haha!  take that, big pharma!

https://www.firstpost.com/health/russia-launch-worlds-first-covid-19-vaccine-tomorrow-12-august-need-know-8679581.html

And maybe when all the men become sterile, get cancer, have missing left balls and can't walk them big pharma will say 'oh dear why didn't they test the vaccine longer'.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, pookondee said:

Many people are now putting this out there and the decision makers are conveniently VERY quiet about it.

Why?

They are waiting for the pandemic to peter out to claim victory over the virus and set the new normal.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

bu

7 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

100% accurate. Thailand's people did not require arm bending to mask up big time when the stakes were the highest. They have enough empathy for those around them that protecting all became second nature. In the western nations that did not occur. Some say 'well, it's not part of the culture'. When did it become cultural to look out for your fellow human beings welfare during a health emergency? The answer is that it has nothing to do with where you were born. It's all about being self centered and the risking of others health so that a good time can be had. Thailand cannot chance opening the door to people who don't give **** about anyone but themselves. Sure it's going to hurt economically, the whole world is in pain financially. But the pain of the loss of loved ones will hurt more than the loss of a bar customer, though obviously that doesn't seem to deter those who are clambering to re enter the country.  

@from the home of CC but they don't have empathy for those around them on their roads. so swings and roundabouts. so call it a draw????

Edited by paulikens
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1