Fresh ‘Boss’ probe eyes cocaine charge, speeding calculations

snoop1130

12 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

one being the airbag ECU that registers the speed at time of the bag activation .

It must be very hard to determine the speed as it is not known how fast the motorcycle was travelling. (plus no brake marks that we know of)

From the pictures it cannot be seen (or does not look like the air bag has been activated) There is another picture that although not 100% shows no activation

However it is extremely clear that the police officer was flung from his bike with enough force to hit the windscreen of the Ferrari with some force, there being only one dent on the bonnet which must of been made before he hit the windscreen 

From the impact damage to the windscreen ( taking into account of the policeman's weight) the speed could, without a doubt, be ascertained  Or his speed over the motorcycle

The pictures also make it hard to believe he was dragged 100 metres ( it is more likely he travelled 100 metres whilst still on the bonnet of the car unless his clothing got caught in the wipers/bonnet whilst falling from the car.

It should be crystal to any reasonable person, including Thais who fit into that category, that Boss, under the influence of cocaine, killed a policeman, avoided arrest and a court case by fleeing the country and never pursued by the Thai police via Interpol although a red notice was in place.

So, this whole charade dreamt up by the powers to be in response to the Thai netizens outrage is merely a subterfuge to avoid imprisonment of the rich Boss kid - who, IMO, should be serving a life sentence instead of languishing in the UK and having the freedom to attend grand prix racing.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A new panel of prosecutors today revealed progress in their fresh investigation of whether Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya used cocaine and if his Ferrari was speeding when it killed a policeman in a hit-and-run case.

Maybe they will eventually run out of panel/committee members, or so called experts who can't do maths, or find someone that doesn't take a bribe.... then we might get some progress ! 

5 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

is merely a subterfuge to avoid imprisonment of the rich Boss kid

They have always known where he was, 'the rest of the world did anyway' , but chose not to extradite him to face the charges 

This case has a lot of similarities to someone who had a lot of watches (which are always registered to their owners) but somehow ended up belonging to a singular dead person. 

13 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

170k's is a 105 mph .. as badly damaged as the car was with the bike embedded in the front it's hard not to believe that if he'd been doing the 170k's the bike would've been totally destroyed and the car even more badly damaged .. 

The 76 km figure equates to 47 mph .. even though that was still over the speed limit it's probably more consistent with the damage to the car and bike .. there are or were a number of components within the car that might have provided a guide to the speed at impact one being the airbag ECU that registers the speed at time of the bag activation .. it's got all the hallmarks of him howling the car then seeing the bike looming up in front at a vast rate of knots with not enough time or distance to stop .. 

Surely the speed of the motor cycle needs to be considered too to compute impact velocity

• Like 2

Was the officer on the motorbike stationary when the Ferrari ran into it? If they were both travelling in the same direction at the time of impact and the officer was doing 60kph, the Ferrari 170 the difference being only 110kph. 
I think all those giving evidence in favor of the Boss should be made to reveal all their bank account details around that time, including all officials and officers of the law! That would really open up a can of worms and anyone guilty of receiving money for knowingly providing false evidence be convicted and the money confiscated and donated to Covid victims. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Well if the car was travelling at 170k and the bike at 70k that is a contact speed between the 2 of over 60 mph and the damage sustained by them does not suggest that .. 

Am I an expert ? Only if riding bikes for 45 yrs makes me one ..

Photo's you say .. you must have the internet to be on here so put it in your searcher " red bull hit and run " then select images .. there are numerous photo's of the them on there .. 

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/TCs0JEoP3jqxdQnrS01cXQ--~A/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9ODAw/https://media.zenfs.com/en/autoblog_50/c51363b25db61352b8af49874bcb063f

OK here's one I found.

A slightly different question:

Did the Ferrari hit something else after the collision with the motorbike?

From the photo above, why does it look to me as if there's substantially more damage to the car than to the bike?

13 hours ago, pomchop said:

try and imagine a farang driving way over speed limit in a super expensive car, hopped up on coke and/or booze,  killing and dragging a cop, then denying everything and fleeing the country....then having all charges covered up , dropped, reduced, forgiven?   yes it is hard to imagine isn't it?

Prince Philip?

13 hours ago, Susco said:

Do you have a source for a picture of the bike?

You overlook the fact that the motorbike was moving in the same directions as the car.

There is a big difference between hitting a stationary vehicle and one that is moving in the same direction.

I remember when I was a school kid, one day on my way to school while riding in group, a car hit me on the rear wheel of my bicycle.

All it did was give me an acceleration and a bend of the rear fender. I didn't even fall

Also added to this, presumably Boss if he was awake would hit the brakes at the last minute, and unless he had a case of brake failure would have slowed the speed at impact. Personally I don't believe any of these expert witnesses.....they get paid to bias the outcome.

11 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

It's very difficult to get hold of detailed information about the incident. For example, I can't find any photos of the police officer's motorcycle - the motorcycle seen in the reconstruction photos is (AFAIK) an undamaged one of the same make/model.

Regarding the alleged speed of the Ferrari, it seems (again AFAIK) that this was calculated from CCTV images nearby the scene using the simple formula distance/time.

The brakes on these supercars are very efficient, so I imagine that the Ferrari could have decelerated from 177kph to 70kph in a couple of seconds or less under heavy braking (assuming that the driver saw the motorcycle and applied the brakes).

So, taking into account that the two vehicles were travelling in the same direction, the impact speed could have been quite low. 

What can't be overlooked or disputed is that the police officer was killed and dragged for some distance under the Ferrari, that the Ferrari driver did not stop and render assistance, that arrangements were made for another person to take the blame, that the Ferrari driver failed to attend the police station for questioning and flew the country to escape prosecution.

Chuck the book at him

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Police are re-questioning Chulalongkorn University scientist Sathon Vijarnwannaluk and Democrat Party deputy leader Samart Ratchapolsitte who supported Sathon’s testimony.

Also being questioned is Saiprasit Kerdniyom of King Mongkut Institute of Technology

The panel questioned doctors about a drugs test taken by Vorayuth

The new prosecuting panel was appointed by the Office of the Attorney-General

Police and Attorney General are questioning everyone else, except their own questionable conduct.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Did the Ferrari hit something else after the collision with the motorbike?

From the photo above, why does it look to me as if there's substantially more damage to the car than to the bike?

Because the car has a crumple zone, which is supposed to deform to reduce the force of the impact. A motorbike is supposed to be as sturdy as possible, no crumple zone. Most certainly the rear wheel and frame of the bike are bent, but you can't see this on the pictures.

bicycle.jpg.bf72ec4d80bb0b441b02dd58c7c0b011.jpg

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, paul1804 said:

Was the officer on the motorbike stationary when the Ferrari ran into it? If they were both travelling in the same direction at the time of impact and the officer was doing 60kph, the Ferrari 170 the difference being only 110kph. 
I think all those giving evidence in favor of the Boss should be made to reveal all their bank account details around that time, including all officials and officers of the law! That would really open up a can of worms and anyone guilty of receiving money for knowingly providing false evidence be convicted and the money confiscated and donated to Covid victims. 

Bank accounts - shoe boxes under the bed mate!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

How many years did it happen, now they are going down this route.Why not at the start.like closing the gate after the horses have gone

They never expected to be challenged so much on all the fairy stories and made up excuses. They thought they'd simply let him lie low (well lying low as billionaires do) and then quietly drop the charges without telling anyone. Bare in mind it was CNN who reported the charges had been dropped, not any domestic media.

All the various ruses put forward have been significantly challenged by angry citizens. So it's back to the drawing board to thrash out a new "solution that suits all" set of stories. And avoids any accountability for all those involved.

Ok folks you all now have the go ahead to do 76km/hr along Sukhumvit road. The police don't mind.

Also you can run people over if you so desire. One set of rules for everyone.

If they do put you in court you can quote a very famous test case and get off.

13 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

It's very difficult to get hold of detailed information about the incident. For example, I can't find any photos of the police officer's motorcycle - the motorcycle seen in the reconstruction photos is (AFAIK) an undamaged one of the same make/model.

Regarding the alleged speed of the Ferrari, it seems (again AFAIK) that this was calculated from CCTV images nearby the scene using the simple formula distance/time.

The brakes on these supercars are very efficient, so I imagine that the Ferrari could have decelerated from 177kph to 70kph in a couple of seconds or less under heavy braking (assuming that the driver saw the motorcycle and applied the brakes).

So, taking into account that the two vehicles were travelling in the same direction, the impact speed could have been quite low. 

What can't be overlooked or disputed is that the police officer was killed and dragged for some distance under the Ferrari, that the Ferrari driver did not stop and render assistance, that arrangements were made for another person to take the blame, that the Ferrari driver failed to attend the police station for questioning and flew the country to escape prosecution.

I totally agree ! ... especially the last pargraph

17 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

170k's is a 105 mph .. as badly damaged as the car was with the bike embedded in the front it's hard not to believe that if he'd been doing the 170k's the bike would've been totally destroyed and the car even more badly damaged .. 

The 76 km figure equates to 47 mph .. even though that was still over the speed limit it's probably more consistent with the damage to the car and bike .. there are or were a number of components within the car that might have provided a guide to the speed at impact one being the airbag ECU that registers the speed at time of the bag activation .. it's got all the hallmarks of him howling the car then seeing the bike looming up in front at a vast rate of knots with not enough time or distance to stop .. 

Hello please read and understand::: ... the bike in the picture that everyone sees was not the real bike from the accident, it was to demonstrate the impact place. The real bike was destroyed to smithereens.....   

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

Because the car has a crumple zone, which is supposed to deform to reduce the force of the impact. A motorbike is supposed to be as sturdy as possible, no crumple zone. Most certainly the rear wheel and frame of the bike are bent, but you can't see this on the pictures.

bicycle.jpg.bf72ec4d80bb0b441b02dd58c7c0b011.jpg

This can't be a genuine photo?

Surely someone's placed the bicycle there, fitting it into the crumpled front wing area of the car. How come the bicycle wheel appears to be intact?

That must mean that if I sneezed or farted near the car could result in the same damage!

9 minutes ago, smew said:

Hello please read and understand::: ... the bike in the picture that everyone sees was not the real bike from the accident, it was to demonstrate the impact place. The real bike was destroyed to smithereens.....   

Aha! Thanks for that, it does seem more logical to me.

I've done another search and found this image. I can't find an image of this taken from another angle.

I wonder if this is the bike involved in the hit and run collision.

You can see the handlebars are well twisted:

https://static.ffx.io/images/$zoom_1%2C$multiply_1%2C$ratio_1.777778%2C$width_2000%2C$x_0%2C$y_89/t_crop_custom/w_768/t_sharpen%2Cq_auto%2Cf_auto/843b46427b8490a04ee66f4e16af5e9eeb88c79c

17 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

A young man with coke and alcohol running trough his vanes, doesn't drive about 80kmh. He goes a lot faster. Further more, how fast was the policeman driving in front of the Ferrari, 80-90-100kmh? Deduct that speed  from the speed of the Ferrari, and we know the impact speed.