Democrat Joe Biden chooses U.S. Senator Kamala Harris for White House running mate

webfact

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Does Biden need to convince those suburban women not to vote for Trump?

I guess right wing racist women will continue to vote for Trump.

And anybody else would vote for almost anybody except Trump.

Well .. do not underestimate the ........ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Mitt Romney Secretary of State

actually not a bad idea at all, give him the opportunity and he could do a good job, better then the Pompeo guy

8 hours ago, Logosone said:

It's regrettable people are promoted based on anything other than competence, but this is the world we live in.

Yes that really is very sad but you are not the only one who made that mistake.

Trump will be out,no more incompetence.

7 hours ago, stevenl said:

That's what happens all the time in US politics. The running mate is the one that can get the votes that the candidate himself has no access to. Which is why I think Pence will be dumped soon, he doesn't need someone like Pence right now, but a vote getter a bit more centric.

He doesn't have the gonads to switch to Haley. She actually could help him but that is not a trait of his.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

The thought that Kamala can unify the country is preposterous. I can't think of anybody worse in No one is going to unify the country. Trump has split it for good. The only hope is that his side get smaller and more insignificant.

Edited by Throatwobbler

12 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

Shes Indian and Asian but whatever. 

Anywho, real fantastic pick right there. Arguably one of the most unlikeable and unprincipled of them all, but it was the obvious choice considering the state of lawlessness going on in the states.  

She's Tamil Indian and Afro-Jamaican mix. (India is considered being in Asia.)

5 hours ago, blazes said:

I loved it tonight when Tucker Carlson said (about Willy Brown and Ms Harris)
"he knows her very well."

Where in the Bible does it say about some patriarch or other, "He knew her."??

The day before Willie wrote that she should not accept the VP. She would have much more power as AG.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

First I think she was the best choice out of the names I heard being floated, much better than Abrams. At least Harris has a pleasing appearance.

But my concern with Harris is two pronged. First, my concern is she weakens women generally by having used her feminine charms with Willie Brown to create a career. I am being polite. But this is not exactly what female empowerment is about - and will be a constant reminder/Achilles heel.

Secondly her rush to push a false narrative without a seconds thought for common sense or credibility was laid bare with her gushing over the Jussie Smollett hoax. Remember she rushed out and in an incredibly divisive (and dumb) statement called the hoax  a "modern day lynching". How totally inappropriate! Extremely difficult to find an MSM source for this - almost as if it never happened - but it did, and it throws into question her ability to judge events rationally. 

https://nypost.com/2019/01/29/kamala-harris-attack-on-jussie-smollett-was-modern-day-lynching/

Trump will seize on these 2 weaknesses. Gabbard was the sensible choice. But the word sensible doesn't belong in any sentence involving the democrat party, at least during the last 4 years.

Gabbard is great but doesn't fit the current Democrat mold. She should run as a republican with Marco Rubio. Two very attractive smart people.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

So let me get this straight. This lady said she believes the ladies who said Biden did inappropriate things with them...this is but months ago...now they are a dream team? 

Yes, you see the dichotomy. But, she's loud and aggressive so OK with Joe. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

So her connection to US Blacks isn't there.

I am quite sure dna taken from Black Americans and Black Jamaicans would show some resemblance.

What does it matter anyway?

Are we going to argue about different kinds of Black people now?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2