Democrat Joe Biden chooses U.S. Senator Kamala Harris for White House running mate

webfact

She is basically the status quo politician. That is obviously what people like. Say what people want to hear, change your opinion when it suits you politically. I can't stand the sight of these people, but I am only one vote. They are the winners in American politics though so the American people need to come to grips with the fact that they actually prefer candidates who lie and deceive.

To me, what this choice represents is a giant <deleted> you to progressive voters. It is the reason to not even consider a Biden. He could have easily done some things to make a vote for him easier, but it is obvious he is content with being status quo joe. Content with being what Americans love and what his donors pay him to be. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, gazza4 said:

Caring Americans ! Please put pressure on those with influence to organize an immediate 24/7 security coverage for Ms Harris, and use a private company; not the cops! for obvious reasons.

There can be no doubt that some of Trump's armed white supremacists will have put their hands up already to take her out. These racists would stop at nothing to kowtow to Trump.

where is the evidence that anyone has threatened her life? 'no doubt' you say so lets see why

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

Yes, stands up for what she says believes in one minute...then changes her tune to benefit herself. You to gettem girl!! Her and ole Joe gonna set the world straight!

Where have we seen that before ????

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

She is basically the status quo politician. That is obviously what people like. Say what people want to hear, change your opinion when it suits you politically. I can't stand the sight of these people, but I am only one vote. They are the winners in American politics though so the American people need to come to grips with the fact that they actually prefer candidates who lie and deceive.

To me, what this choice represents is a giant <deleted> you to progressive voters. It is the reason to not even consider a Biden. He could have easily done some things to make a vote for him easier, but it is obvious he is content with being status quo joe. Content with being what Americans love and what his donors pay him to be. 

So why does Trump label her as far left etc?

6 hours ago, cmarshall said:

You could pick anyone out of the phonebook and get a candidate with more skills than Trump.  But the main point is to win.  It's possible that the Harris pick will motivate Black voters to turn out in greater numbers than otherwise.  Since Black voters are crucial to the Dems, the Harris pick could make sense.  My only reservation is that Black voters did not vote for her in great numbers during the primaries, so her choice may not end up helping that much.  

That is true but it is also true they solidly were backing Biden. Probably, also thought Harris would be his VP. 

4 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

People saying the attacks on Harris are not fact based are delusional. 

She was attacked in the debates on her record. She had NO Response! She dropped out of the race soon after being attacked, and never offered any sort of answer as to the accusations.

Do your own research, but it sounds to me like what happened is she wanted to quit and get out of the race before things got real bad and she actually had to answer some of these questions. Maybe she wanted to get out before she was questioned again to save her chances as a vp pick. 

Really think about that, a simple 30 second attack on tv and she completely drops out of the race, has no valid response... and there is no truth to the allegations? 

What in the world are you thinking? Very funny assessment.  LOL

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

We're still waiting for any substantial criticism on her here from the TVF sleuths.

So feel free to post that, in stead of vague conjecture.

Trump campaign can't figure their narrative out either. This is fun times from here on to November. https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2020/08/13/us/politics/ap-us-election-2020-biden-harris.html?searchResultPosition=6

3 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Kamala Harris's appointment has tied the GOP in knots and been tripping all over with contradictory statements. We have Rudy G retweeting a qoute from the National Review story on Harris's awesome and terrible powers as a former prosecutor that lend herself easily to abuse and Harris was an enthusiastic abuser. That is contradictory to Trump campaign earlier statement that she would hide her records as former prosecutors and was an anti-police radical who let crime ran rampant. No wonder Trumpers are all over with their own version of Harris's slander. Reflect poorly on the coherency of Trump's election campaign and they seem disarray. 

https://americanindependent.com/gop-kamala-harris-crime-joe-biden-prosecutor-police-2020-election/

Honestly, they had a ton of time and had to know she was the most likely VP choice but they have no real plan to uproot her. Sad but incompetence is the way of reality in trumps camp.

• Like 2

"A Republican source said, “Trump’s view was that Biden would prefer a candidate with Bass’s low national profile and one who wouldn’t outshine him. Trump was also hopeful that Bass, a California congresswoman, would join the ticket given her record of making positive comments about the late Cuban dictator Fidel Castro.”"

https://www.politicususa.com/2020/08/12/report-flatfooted-trump-campaign-expected-biden-to-pick-karen-bass.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Opl said:

"A Republican source said, “Trump’s view was that Biden would prefer a candidate with Bass’s low national profile and one who wouldn’t outshine him. Trump was also hopeful that Bass, a California congresswoman, would join the ticket given her record of making positive comments about the late Cuban dictator Fidel Castro.”"

https://www.politicususa.com/2020/08/12/report-flatfooted-trump-campaign-expected-biden-to-pick-karen-bass.html

Incredible that it seems they did not have a scenario ready for Harris, Rice or any of the others getting picked.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Opl said:

He got it either way. California is a lefty wonderland that can't be won Harris is from California so it  doesn't help in the electrical college. Not bringing in new voters.

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Incredible that it seems they did not have a scenario ready for Harris, Rice or any of the others getting picked.

instead they focused on helping West, against Biden, LOL

Edited by Opl
  • Thanks 1