Husband and wife no longer allowed to share ASQ room

21 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

How many couple stuck out of Thailand. Normaly farang stucked out and wife waiting here!

Who is so idiot in other case that come Thailand whit wife!If you are consulate staff you have different rules anyway!

Dear "2 is 1" your allias kind of contradicts this statement ???? 

Now, I know a married couple of foreigners flying back to Thailand, with their daughter, early next month. And two other families whose spouse has been left behind in Thailand who will be also flying back to Thailand anytime soon. And I guess that if the don't allow couples, for any sound reason, they might also prevent grown children to be with their parents (hope not though).

You also seem to forget the case of the foreigner married to a Thai person who are both stuck outside of Thailand and are/were waiting for a more convenient time to enter the Kingdom.

You know that some people have their life here and quite happy with their spouse, right ?

No offense meant

1 hour ago, shy coconut said:

Is this a government decree or is it a few posters experience on Facebook?

A Rumor presented as a fact.

I'm quite surprised that they've made it look like a sure thing.

And then have quickly backtracked when challenged for a concrete evidence.

I don't know who set up or is handling that FB page.  There isn't much help available on that page and the messages they've exchanged with me make little sense.  All they seem to do is take screen shots of the web pages/adverts that the ASQ approved hotels publish.  They don't add ANY information that is useful.  Occasionally another user will post useable advice on that page.

Also, it's just an annoying rumor that ASQ cannot be shared with spouse.  My wife and I just made such a reservation at the SC Hotel in Ramkamhaeng.  There is an American guy manning the phones in the ASQ reservation department.  He is very friendly and knowledgeable so the process was very smooth.

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gamb00ler said:

My wife and I just made such a reservation at the SC Hotel in Ramkamhaeng.  There is an American guy manning the phones in the ASQ reservation department.  He is very friendly and knowledgeable so the process was very smooth.

How much and what room?

6 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

Also, it's just an annoying rumor that ASQ cannot be shared with spouse.  My wife and I just made such a reservation at the SC Hotel in Ramkamhaeng.  There is an American guy manning the phones in the ASQ reservation department.  He is very friendly and knowledgeable so the process was very smooth.

4 hours ago, unheard said:

How much and what room?

Here's a link to their ASQ offerings: 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bzqtqkCmgVH6lYQcqqK7fFXZDgt9VpYh

Details not included in above:

If you fail to get COE or flight doesn't happen you get 100% refund (if credit card, CASH not sure)

You will be allowed 2 free changes to reservation if done at least a week ahead.  Extra changes cost 1K baht for each.

You will need to send them an e-mail requesting a reservation because they have to work from that list of requests.   I did that before calling, but I did not get any response to that e-mail until I spoke to them.

I really recommend calling them directly.  Their number is in the above information sheet.  Just tell them you want to make an ASQ reservation.  I use Google Voice @ .05/minute.  

I hope you get to talk to the American guy in the ASQ dept.  He makes it very clear and easy.

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, unheard said:

Any discounts on the full price for the spouse booked into the same room?

An extra person is charged an additional 35,000 baht regardless of the type of room booked.

Single occupancy rooms range from 42K - 80K.

Can you not access the information sheet I mentioned in my previous post?  If not, I'll see if I can make it accessible in some other manner.

2 hours ago, unheard said:

An update:

Isolation.PNG

This will be harsh, if enforced. However, I can see a certain logic behind it. Let's say one of the couple is infected at the time of entry into the country, and the other not. It could be that the virus free individual is infected later, and would, therefore, not have spent the full 14-day quarantine following infection at the time of release into the community. The double testing, in addition to the 14-day quarantine would probably mean the risk is minimal, but it is a theoretical weakness.