Anyone have experience using an agent? Good or bad?

I’ve read a lot about the pro’s and con’s of using an agent to assist with obtaining a Thai visa, but am curious as to what has been the experience of doing so by those who have gone this route.

• Like 1

Why do you need an agent ? there is enough information on here for

you to be able to do it yourself,really it's quite easy,especially now

when the IO are not so busy. it's only filling one form and some extra

paperwork.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, nausea said:

Here we go, here we go, here we go, here we go, here we go'er. Subject ad infinitum. Like, if you go with ladyboys are you gay.

Yes, if by “go with ladyboys” you mean having sex with men, that qualifies you as gay.

Regardless of whatever else you might chuck it up.

• Like 1

It depends which visa and your circumstances. Some use as they can't meet the criteria, others as it's just easier. I used an agent once a few years ago and service was very good. Many people I know use agents for various reasons, all of them very happy with the service they receive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DBath said:

I was asking what experience people had when using an agent. Not asking if I should use one or not - I can figure that out myself. You don’t know my situation, so next time just answer the question please. 

If you had stated your situation you might receive better answers.

what do you want an agent to do for you..that you cannot do yourself ?

regards Worgeordie

• Thanks 1

A friend of mine used one for a while. He always paid a lot. In the meantime he learned that it is even less effort to do the retirement extension himself and he knows then that everything was done legally. He used the agent because he didn't understand the requirements and spoke only little English. So I did it one time together with him and now he can do it himself. 

• Like 2

OP, a very common reason for need for agent is lack of funds in bank for retirement. Very simple fix for the agent.

Could even include the non o RT. 

Marriage is much harder.

Currently lot of threads re ED visa and volunteer visa. Agents can handle these no problems. 

Would have been useful if you had outlined your situation. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fangless said:

That comment should be in the jokes section,  Most IO offices/Officers have their own procedures which bear no relation to the printed requirements and which only they and possibly the agents know of in advance on a daily basis.

You believe 'most' rather than some? Personally I use only one, and for a specific reason and feel they follow the official requirement. The only exception (for retirement extension) was this office went near alone requiring people to return to prove they had kept the 800k untouched. (And the retention of money is a written requirement,) Offices do vary, sometimes creating their own requirements but I thought them consistent within the office. Agents, if anything, bypass requirements.

Edited by jacko45k

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Agents, if anything, bypass requirements.

Only if you don't meet the requirement and pay much extra for that

For the OP.  I have always used a lawyer/agent for all my Immigration department interactions and have always been well satisfied with their services.  I meet and adhere to all the legal requirements and use my agent out of convenience only.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fangless said:

Only if you don't meet the requirement and pay much extra for that

For the OP.  I have always used a lawyer/agent for all my Immigration department interactions and have always been well satisfied with their services.  I meet and adhere to all the legal requirements and use my agent out of convenience only.

Accepted. If one simply employs them to do the legwork. Although I believe some steps will be bypassed if not requirements. Attendance might be one. Queueing another!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, J Town said:

I recently hired an agent to renew my drivers licenses. She was absolutely splendid and saved me enough time to make her well worth the cost. She also does visas of all types. If you want her contact info, send me a pm.

BTW, my agent works in Pattaya. Sorry I didn't mention that in my original post, I thought you could all read my mind. ????

• Haha 1