Michelle Obama launches scathing attack on Trump's leadership, says Biden will end the chaos

webfact

9 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Not being an expert on US politics, I have a question related to the above comment. What would it take for a different Republican candidate to run for POTUS in November? I assume this could only happen if Trump voluntarily pulled out for whatever reason. I mean if he continues to lose support is there anything the party can do to oust him? 

I believe there are some arcane internal party rules by which Republican Party Chairperson, maybe in consultation with state and other Party officials, can remove a candidate (I recall some discussion about this in 2016 when Trump first won the nomination and it was feared by some that he would loose the election). But in all practicality, there really is no way to do this (as we saw in 2016).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seriously? Chris Wallace doesn't like Trump, IMO, having watched him many times in the past.

Yes. Seriously. The entire panel of Fox post-convention critics praised Michelle Obama.

18 minutes ago, J Town said:

Then you didn't watch the convention. Dem platform contains the following items:

1. Raising the federal minimum wage to $15/hour

2. Back to supporting unions in earnest

3. 12 weeks paid family leave for newborns

4. Fund universal pre-K for 3 & 4 year olds.

5. Create affordable daycare

6. Fix the crumbling infrastructure

7. Transition to 100% clean electricity over the next 15 years

8. Expand healthcare

9. Lower the age from 65 to 60 for medicare eligibility

10. End privatized prisons & cash bails

It wasn't any hatred and the negativity was fact-by-fact based. 45's platform - hatred, negativity and division. The Dems continually say how we need to pull the country back together again. 45 continually spews words of how the Dems are coming to destroy the universe.

I see no vision, no commitment to a better future for all, no message of hope. All I see is spending more of other people's money as bribes.

Are there none in the Dems that can inspire, lift the heart, give a vision that people can look up to, commit the populace to a future that will unite the people for a better world? Did all hope for the American people's future die in Dallas?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Not being an expert on US politics, I have a question related to the above comment. What would it take for a different Republican candidate to run for POTUS in November? I assume this could only happen if Trump voluntarily pulled out for whatever reason. I mean if he continues to lose support is there anything the party can do to oust him? 

I Guess Pence would be the next in line?

Edited by Tagged
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, J Town said:

Please explain how planning to better citizens' lives and bringing the country together are bribes rather than words of the vision for a better future. Please explain how 45's speeches full of racism ("I'm stopping 'those' people like Cory Booker from moving into your neighborhoods and lowering your property values") and angry division (the Democrats are coming to destroy the country) inspire and lift up the heart.

I don't see as how they could "bring the country together", and if it's other people's money being spent I assume it's a bribe.

I wasn't talking about Trump, in case you hadn't noticed.

If the Dems want to win the presidency they need to provide a better message than Trump. So far they haven't, IMO.

All I see so far is two opposing parties saying the other is worse than them, nothing positive, nothing to lift the spirits, nothing to inspire hope for a better world.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Morch said:

Whereas the Republican Party did so much better?

:coffee1:

It is the people not the party who choose, so it reflects the peoples choice and IQ, and if you ask me, it is horrible that Americe do not find better candidates than two old chimps, that should have been retired from their retardness at a beach or golf field far away from Usa. What is it with America that can not manage to choose better when fine men and women who is far better is knocked off one by one in the early elections. I just do not get it, but I guess it is to much fear, low education, greed, somebody help me to fill in the list. It is akward to watch, and yes the world is not only laoughin, but also being ashamed especially your allies. 

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't see as how they could "bring the country together", and if it's other people's money being spent I assume it's a bribe.

I wasn't talking about Trump, in case you hadn't noticed.

If the Dems want to win the presidency they need to provide a better message than Trump. So far they haven't, IMO.

All I see so far is two opposing parties saying the other is worse than them, nothing positive, nothing to lift the spirits, nothing to inspire hope for a better world.

"If the Dems want to win the presidency they need to provide a better message than Trump. So far they haven't, IMO."   You are entitled to your opinion. Of COURSE I knew you weren't talking about 45, but you asked for a comparison and I provided you one. I'm still waiting for you to explain how 45 brings a message of hope and togetherness. It's right there in post #112. I'm waiting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, shdmn said:

It doesn't matter what they say because it's all bs.  They are really just racists that are proud of their anti-intellectualism.  Trying to reason with them would be like trying to reason with kids competing in the special olympics.

I get what you're saying but I reckon most disabled people can be reasoned with. Why stoop to insulting them? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Can't wait to see/hear about the RNC platform.

Hopefully it doesn't have a long, gentle ramp.

FWIW, Melania's speech will have subtitles in English.

They will parade their upcoming stars like Marjorie Taylor "conspiracy theorist' Green. That's the type of "future Republican Star" that Trump endorsed and praised immensely. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Credo said:

Wrong.   He committed to picking a female VP.   He did not specify any race, thus under serious consideration were Klobachar, Warren and a few others.   

You are correct. Until the George Floyd death then he specifically said he would pick a black female.

Here is a news link.

• Thanks 2